Forums: Shows in Development: Pitch your own show

HeroJaden

[121]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    Name:Yu-Dy-Oh Gx!
    Network:Cartoon Network
    Ages:3+
    Plot:
    Duel Academy Is tranfered to Domino City while new students come (The new students are from Peach Creek).The first season has Zork and Yubel teaming up but then Yugi and Jaden going to Toon World and at the start,Jaden reviving.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FirestormWolf

[122]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 3
    I think that FanWriter has come up with a great idea with the Four Horsemen. I haven't seen a show like that on tv ever. Do you have a pilot or sketch written out about it yet, Fan Writer? You should because this sounds really interesting.

torque4015

[123]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 18

Cement

Comedy

Mitch and Todd are men who work for a cement company they are roomates. Todd has a love for British comedy and girlfriend Michelle shewant's to get married and she's always buying Bridal magazine's and renting movie's with wedding in the title. Todd's clueless to his girlfriend's action's. Mitch is beer drinking womanizer who love's football both of the men's live's are turned upside when Todd's sister Janise who's a ragging femanist and bestselling authormove's into there apartment. A battle of will's beging's between Mitch and Janise as she's always ruining his date's and he begin's playing nasty prank's are her. Todd get'scaught in the middle thier war.

Edited on 09/04/2007 8:09am

EddTheKid

[124]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 3
    Transformers Energon:Hero Generation
    Anime

Octimus,Hotshot,Tidal Wave and Galvatron fight off the forces of the evil Megatron and his desepticons.But more evils have come.

Eps yet:
    Autobots:Octimus,Megatron,Tidal Wave and Hotshot.
    Desepticons:Megatron,DarkDumb,GenBot and ExtremeMax.

Ep 1 - The Battle begins!

The Autobots land at Earth and talk to Rad,Alexis and Kicker.Then ExtremeMax appears,Hotshot faces him and wins.Then GenBot beats up Hotshot and Tidal Wave beats GenBot,Genbot shouts "No!!".Megatron and DarkDumb appear and defeat Tidal Wave and Galvatron.Then Optimus is beaten..

Now The Autobots are down,but the Kids must defeat the Evil.Then,Octimus and Megatron combine to make Mega Prime and defeat all of the Desepticons.
    The Transformers have set course for Misty Islands to defeat GenBot there.But to move on,they need more Energon,and the land at Energon land.The Energon seems to be running out and GenBot is getting more powerful.Octimus and Tidal Wave will have to team up and move on,while Hotshot and Galvatron stay to help get more Energon.At the next island,Misty Islands,The two have to land at Miny Land to get more rest.While the others are working 'lot.

GenBot gets more Energon but the plug gets off and the Autobots at Energon Land can go to Misty Land.But,GenBot manages to get to Energon Land and fight Galvatron and Hotshot.GenBot is destroyed so the Autobots pick up the others and go to Mist Land,after hearing that Galvatron is there.Galvatron gets GenBot back and upgrades him to UltimateGen and he beats the Autobots.Luckily,Tidal Wave and Optimus Combine and beat UltimutGen.
    A Desepticon Bot called Mist attacks the kids.Octimus is the only one who can battle,but Mist's Misty Field attack stops Optimus from knowing where Mist is.The Kids go to Base and Optimus battles,and a enraged Megatron helps Mist to defeat Optimus.Octimus if beaten and Hotshot tries to defeat the evil Desepticons,but no match.Hotshot is damaged badly and Optimus gets up,only to be beaten agian.Hotshot suprisengly transformes to Hoist.Hoist beats Mist with his cannons and beats Megatron.Then,Sun-eater is revealed to be 'nother Villian..

Pablo_808

[125]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 14

Here's mine!

Title: Life Lessons

Genre: Family Sitcom

Channel: ABC

Sypnosis: After the death of his parents, 14-year old Connor Willis is left to be taken care of by his uncle, Monty Lenman, who is the headmaster of a boarding school. Connor is then enrolled as a boarder and must now share a dorm room with his popularcousin Ian. Now, they must learn to get along while learning the lessons of life on the road to adulthood.

lequericacalvo

[126]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 32
    DisturbingMoose wrote:
    If you were in the entertainment industry, what would you pitch to a network to be made into a new series? I have to think about this before I say anything more. Once I think of a good pilot i'll post it.
    I would pitch a sitcom about a group of burglars of steal television ideas and then they try to pitch the best idea from a forum of television site.
    Edited on 11/01/2007 1:16pm

twrlybyrd

[127]Nov 2, 2007
    • level: 1

name: Ardicius

genre: drama, comedy, action, some romance

ages: 18+

A young woman of about 20 is thrown into a mix of events that forever change her life. After being caught and tortured for being an assasin she was set free by a man (his real name is unknown) they set out on a journey to get her back to her home but on the way they come across a disturbing revalation (secret....). they are being chased down they ended up0 getting thrown off track of they're true objective and end up staying at an inn where all the madness startes. in the inn they meet a demon, a angel, death, and many more strange being its soon found out they are the only ones who can stop the forces of evil. This is told through her eyes later on.

its just an outline of random thoughts i'll clean it up later

Edited on 11/02/2007 11:28am

angrodpallanen

[128]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 22
    Well it's a bit confusing and definatly not made for public television (perhaps cable?), but it sounds interesting!

mackymacaspac

[129]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 78

LauraCynthia wrote:
    Anybody like my idea?

you gave us the characters but without the story.

thefanof

[130]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 102

St. Louis

A drama about life in the most dangerous city in the world. A teen moves from a rich Connecticut mansion to the crime-filled town and tries to help the lives of those around him. The show would feature risky storylines such as racial tension, getting kicked out of a gang because you're gay and drug use. Each episode would open with a 1-2 minute video clip of a real person/victim from St. Louis talking about an issue, and the episode that followed would revolve around that topic.

angrodpallanen

[131]Jan 31, 2008
    It would be to raw for me, but I definatly like the idea. Especially the take of crossing from reality to fiction is very original. Perhaps something for Fox?

kier1992

[132]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 6

Idea 1

Title: Chosen One

Spin-off: The Beginning of the End

I thought of this a long time ago... it is a kind of mixture of "charmed" but instead of girls it would be boys and there would be some what of a different story like describing the beginning of Earth and the Gods aswell as powers that where formed by the universe and captured by orbs which the gods used.

Then adventually leading to the 21st centuary when know there is this chosen one.

It may also go on to giving alot of questions and answering those questions like an ultimate question how where the orbs created? how was the universe created? and so on.

It will also show this great battle of how the gods died.

Season 1 maybe the beginning of the gods and power itself or it may start of in the 21st centuary with the chosen one then there could be episodes that focus on the past or there could be a spin-off series which indicates that its before 21st centuary and descibes about a great battle, and how power was made by the universe.

*Note* (Three Gods would be Good/Balanced/Evil) Balanced god will become semi imortal and will return in the 21st Centuary the good god becomes god of heaven and the evil god gets the name of the devil. Aswell in the 21st centuary there are people with supernatural powers (kind of desendents of the past) but all have been hidden and they come out. Lets not forget Humans play there role in trying to stop these beings and here are even humans that wish to help.

Idea 2

Title: X Men Chronicles (Not cartoon real characters!)

Evolve around other mutant characters - in some way it will also describe how certain humans evoled to mutants to begin with - it could also lead to events that happen after the last movie where humans will make a a cure to make other humans become mutants but theres chance that person can die.

Idea 3

Title: The Company - Pulling the Strings (Season 1 starting of how they become a myth) then season 2 The company - Behind the Curtains.

Takening the idea from many things including prison break! This tv show will be based around The Company - the first season will show how the company is put together and gets known as one of the biggest ever but it becomes a myth season two would focus on the present time of what The Company does (which will include Comedy/Mysetrious events and more) not sure if aliens would be included

angrodpallanen

[134]Mar 27, 2008
    I like The Chosen One, it reminds me of The Covenant, I wish they made a tv-show of that movie! As for The Company, I think it will work better when you put the second season first and then tell the history with flashbacks. Otherwise it would be like watching how Sauron got the power of The Ring the entire first movie and only in the second movie get to Frodo and The Ring, if you get what I mean.

Because my other show is something I really want to pursue in life, I thought of another show, one I would use if I ever get in the television business as some sort of step up to the first show. I have no character names or even the name of the show.

The show starts with a tour through a High School with the Jocks, the Cheerleaders, the Gothics etc. and then focused on the girl where it's all about. She used to be popular, with a best friend, a boyfriend, a future and a family, now she has nothing. We flash back to the end of last school year. Before cheerleading practice she hears a girl crying, she walks towards the sound and sees the most beautiful and most popular girl at school, crying on the floor. She tells the lead character that she's pregnant and that she needs help because she can't take the rumors. So our female hero decides to help, she askes her best friend to cover for the girl. Her best friend, not really minding the details and thinking it's just another lame rumor she could beat off since she doesn't care about what anybody thinks, says "ok". So our hero tells the pregnant girl that it's alright and that, if the rumors ever get out, her best friend will take care of it.
    Then the rumors get started. The rumors that the best friend is pregnant. (To make the story easier, we call the best friend B, the lead X and the pregnant girl P) So the entire school thinks B is pregnant. B never knew what the secret was, so when she finds out everybody think's she's pregnant she gets mad and wants to know the source. She tracks it back to our famale lead, X, who explains it was just to take cover for P. But B confesses that she truely is pregnant and that her parents are sending her away for the summer. X goes to P and finds out P told the entire school that B was pregnant and that her source was X. P also confesses she never was pregnant and that was just her way of getting B out of school so she could take the role as cheercaptain and schoolbodypresident. But the uncovered secret about B get's worse. Not only is B leaving, her brother, BK, who happened to be X's boyfriend, breaks up with X! Now X lost her best friend and her boyfriend over a rumor P created. To make use of the situatoin, P makes up another rumor, that's not B's boyfriend N who made her pregnant, but her least favorite teacher T! T get's fired and his wife leaves him. P did this so her boyfriend, S can make his finals because T was about to fail S. Meanwhile, not able to take everything that has happened, X leaves school early to go with her parents on vacation, after they picked up her physological disabled brother from the "hospital" he usually stays in, and who releases him because they think he's ready for the outside world. So there X is, on the airport while her parents are waiting for the plane to board to pick up their son and X is on the toilet, crying about what happened. She hears to late that the plane is leaving and by a mistake of the stewardess, her parents think she's already on the plane. So the plane leaves without X and X sees how it flies away. When she turns around there's this huge explosion in the sky and the ground trumbles from it. X turns around and sees how the plane with her parents on it turned into a big fireball. The pilot ends with X looking at the sky, B leaving town for the summer to give birth to her child, N leaving too because his parents send him off to military school, T jumping off a bridge because he lost everything, X's brother getting out of the hospital while nobody's picking him up, X's boyfriend and B's brother BK talking to another guy, telling how he finally got the excuse he wanted to break up with X, then BK kisses this boy, turning out to be gay and finally S and P being happy because everything worked out for their adventage. Then we flash back to X again, standing in the hallway, ready for a new schoolyear though the entire summer she learned to live with her psychological disabled brother, her aunt and uncle who take care of her and her brother, without her best friend, without her boyfriend, and without any future, because after a traumatic couple of months you grades basically s*ck.

I know, it's pretty dramatic, but the show is meant as this Veronica Mars show (it kinda started out that way with the whole best friend and best friends brother boyfriend thing) only appealing to a bigger, more commercial audience, but still handeling complicated storylines. Heavily dramatic, yet very funny and really, really commercial because it's not the kind of show that is there for the critic acclaim.

willthp

[135]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 1

Here's the preview for a project we're going to eventually try and pitch. It's a mock-reality show. Think Tim Gunn meets Gordon Ramsay mixed with a little vice.

http://www.thrillahill.com/assoc.html

Would welcome comments & Suggestions

Will.

Jonerd1990

[136]May 1, 2008
    I think an evening drama about a Japanese German who is trying to make it in America as a Used Car salesman.

Herodite777

[137]May 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    DisturbingMoose wrote:
    If you were in the entertainment industry, what would you pitch to a network to be made into a new series?

I have to think about this before I say anything more. Once I think of a good pilot i'll post it.

Considering I plan to enter the entertainment industry one day-I will keep my genius ideas to myself.

angrodpallanen

[139]May 31, 2008
    Ahaha, I feel the same way, I want to enter that industry too, but still, it's a fun thread!

stinkyfish75

[140]Jun 1, 2008
    I wrote a short story a few years ago in college for a creative writing course i had to take as an elective. The short story was called RUINED EARTH. its a sci-fi/adventure genre. Just as a hobby ive been messin' around trying to write a pilot for a mini-series.

Heres the concept:

TITLE: RUINED EARTH

GENRE: SCI-FI/ADVENTURE

PLOT:

Have you ever wanted to know what goes on at Area 51, well the whole world is about to find out. Back in 1947, an Unidentified flying Object crash landed in a small town in New Mexico, but not before sending a disturbing message. That message is what the military has been covering up for the past 60 years.

The message: the world will end on Dec 21, 2012.

It is later discovered that a huge asteroid is going to pass between the Earth and the Moon causing global catastrophes, throwing civilization into ruin. (super-storms, mega-earthquakes, volcano eruptions, polar-shift, tsunami, etc...)

For decades top scientist from around the world have been working on a way to save the worlds inhabitants from extinction.

The solution is what lies beneath Area 51. The largest structure ever built, a vast underground complex built deep below the earth's surface. A virtual "Noah's Ark.". Housing humanities history along with hundreds of thousands of humans, plants, animals, and DNA library of every known species on the planet.

Area 51 was designed to keep its new residents alive in suspended animation for 1200 years, long enough for the Earths atmosphere to restabilize. However, something goes terribly wrong within the depths of their new home, destroying most of the complex, waking the few remaining survivors and forcing them to surface hundreds of years too soon.

What they find on the surface, nobody could have foreseen, a savage post-apocalyptic world so shocking its unrecognizable by its new inhabitants.

Tune in and join humanities last hope on their fantastic adventure as they explore the new RUINED EARTH
    Edited on 06/01/2008 10:09pm
    Edited 2 total times.