Forums: Shows in Development: Pitch your own show

TVholic1993

[181]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 5

Okay, here's another show I just thought of:

KARL THE WARRIOR

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Comedy.

Summary: Over a thousand years ago, in a world filled with magic, fun, suspense and peace, many villages were protected by the great Defenders of Power. However, an evil threat soon killed all of the Defenders with their evil magic. Many years later, while there is still magic and some peace, evil still threatens the Earth. But soon, Earth will soon have a new protector. A strong, powerful, handsome, intelligent....well, maybe not intelligent, and noble warrior who goes by the name of.....Karl. Karl, a powerful man with a past unknown, except to himself...and his mother, has decided to take himself on a journey to become Earth's new guardian. There, he will make new comrades along the way (inculding his travelling companians: Susanna, a brave, beautiful, but timid female warrior and Putz, an intelligent and sarcastic alchemist/sorceror.) as well as ememies. But, will this unlikely trio have a chance aganist the great evil that once ravaged their land?! Find out in this epic adventure/comedy, "Karl the Warrior." So, it's basically Conan the Barbarian meets Dragon Ball (or Dragon Ball Z, whatever), with some shades of the Tick and the Flintstones (I'll use, like, 70's-80's rock songs and other comtemporay or classic music. My theme would Karn Evil 9 1'st impression, or "Welcome Back my Friends..." by Emerson, Lake and Palmer.)

Season Storylines:

Season One-The Adventure Begins: This is where the story begins: Karl (spoiler: son of the superpowerful leader of the Defenders of Power and a mortal woman) begins to get bored with his quiet life in his mother's farm. So, he decides to pack up his things, and go on a journey to become a defender of the Earth. Although blessed with awesome strength, cunning, a brave heart and armed with a mighty stone mallet to get himself out of trouble, his naviety and stupidity often gets him into trouble. Soon, he meets his friends Susanna and Putz and together, they travel the land and battle evil. However, a sinister force may be onto them.....(This season will be about 30 episodes long.)

Season Two-The Darkness Rises: As Karl and his friends continue their quest, a dangerous evil has soon come to put a stop to it. Now, the trio are soon wanted to every evil bounty hunter in the Earth. As they battle the bounty hunters, the gang soon begins to find out who is responsible for interrupting their quest to become defenders. But, will they be able to defeat whoever the evil is? (I say this one will last about 30 or more episodes.)

Season Three-Battle Aganist Time: As the sinister forces of the poweful wizard king, Nefaria (who I probably forgot to mention) has imprisoned Susanna and Putz, Karl has also been sent to the future. To a time where his future self has completed his quest, but his obession of keeping the Earth safe has courrupted him and is feared around the world. Soon, Karl must both stop his future (and more powerful) self from his tyranny and return to his proper time. And, back in his own time, Susanna and Putz must escape Nefaria's clutches (this season may last for 35 episodes)

Season Four-The Fight for the World: As Karl and his group left Nefaria's clutches, they begin to prepare themselves for their inevitable fight aganist him and save the world. However, Nefaria's evil companions, including his son and daugther, Helmink and Tana plan to put a stop to their new quest to defeat the sinister wizard king (this one may last for 20-25 episodes tops.)

Season Five-Protect the Earth: Karl and his friends are on the run from Nefaria's children, and must lay low. However, they should also train to fight aganist them. As they lay low, Karl and Susanna's friendship soon develops into something...more and Helmink and Tana soon ravage every village looking for the trio. Will the trio finally defeat the terrible two? (This one may last at least 20 episodes.)

Season Six-The Tournament of the Planet: After Karl and his friends have defeated Helmink and Tana, they (the former)force the terrible two (the latter) to send them to Nefraia's castle to defeat him once and for all. However, Nefaria decides to pull one more trick off his sleeve: he will pull off a tournament to see if any strong warrior has the chance to kill Karl once and for all (since it's Nefaria, he lies to the contestents that Karl is evil). Will Karl and his friends win the challenge? Will Nefaria's devious scheme continue? Will Helmink and Tana actually join the good guys? (this one will last about 30 episodes.)

Season Seven-Save the Day: As Karl and his friends win the tournament with the help of former ememies Helmink and Tana, they soon finally face off aganist Nefaria. However, has he has one trick left on his sleeve? Find out in the final battle between the up-coming Guardians of the Earth and this sinster threat! (this one will last about 30 episodes!)

Season Eight-The Adventure Ends!: Nefaria has been defeated, the Earth is free from his evil and Karl and his loyal friends Susanna, Putz and Helmink and Tana are now offically the new Defenders of Power! However, there is still some evil left in this world and they will be here to stop it! Also, Karl and Susanna plan their wedding, Putz wondering what to do after this and both the gang wondering if evil will finally be gone. Watch in the final chapter of the most epic fantasy-adventure never told before! (this one would last about 20-25 episodes.)

Altogether, this show will last eight seasons with over 225 episodes. All right, I'll be back with more on Karl and other stories. Hope you'll enjoy reading.

Edited on 07/23/2010 5:18pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ladie_d

[182]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 5
    would love to make one about an organisation full of mutants that have teenage agents. sort of like x-men meet fringe and x-files with a little touch of supernatural.

Harawen

[183]Aug 16, 2010
    • level: 4

Just read some Groo the Wanderer comics the other day and figured it might work as a TV show...

http://groo.com/

chazzycowboy

[184]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 1

I have actually created and trade marked a game show called "Are you the next Hollywood Star...." Now i just need to present it or pitch it to the right person.....

Any suggestions? IT is going to be the next hottest game show. It took me 2 years to create and perfect it. You provide me good lead and i will give you a cut my friend.

That is a promise.

Chad

chad.r.freund@gmail.com

aaronsinger

[185]Dec 1, 2010

My friend and I wrote and filmed a skateboarding mockumentary entitled "Bombing the Holy Land". The series takes place in Israel. We recently edited a preview for the series that we just put up on youtube.
    Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmoH4Nh0c

I promise it's not a virus or spam, but if you don't trust me, you can just type in "Official Bombing the Holy Land Preview" into youtube and it will be the first video that shows up.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

We're looking into having our show air on adult swim. I think it's that type of humor.

JohnWright3

[186]Feb 4, 2011

What about a crime fighting show about a wealthy superhero who literally throws his money around? Call him, the Philanthropist! All his weapons could be money themed like money clips instead of Batman's bat-grappling hooks or something.

magicfan12345

[187]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 11
    Prison inmates form a poetry club called "Prose and Cons"

DreadAngelus

[188]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 12

If I'm an executive producer of Capcom, I would make the original Megaman an anime, with this as an intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT4-QRSgxh4

I will use the graphics from that intro. That looks perfect for a Megaman anime.

And I'll the title card's number will change according to the season. Eg: Megaman, Megaman2, Megaman3, so on. The show's plot will rely on the season number. In season 1 I'll show the events of the first Megaman, in season 2, I'll show the events of Megaman 2. And the intro's scenes will change every season.

And I would make an action/drama reality show about the fps game Doom and Quake!

Or an excellent movie.... The Doom movie was very disappointing, they replaced the demons with infectious zombies.

Edited on 06/27/2012 12:04am
    Edited 5 total times.

modernfamily120

[189]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 20

There is one show I have been working on for fun called "The World of Us Five". I posted stuff about it in my first blog (a long time ago) here: http://www.tv.com/users/modernfamily120/profile.php?action=show_blog&entry=m-100-25971000

WilliamBruce0

[190]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 6

Mine would be a redo of the Rockford Files. Jim Belushi as Jim Rockford. James Garner can play Rocky, his dad. Or make Belushi JR. And to spice it up have a 3rd generation helping out?

champatrick20

[191]Mar 12, 2013

http://www.aktina.org/radio-profile.html

http://www.wmm.com/filmmakers/fiscal_sponsorship.shtml

http://www.greekamerica.org/

http://www.schackerrealty.com/images/properties/333earleovington.pdf

swiftsumo

[192]Mar 19, 2013

"Build Your Own Dream Doghouse".

Nuff said.

willncity

[193]Apr 8, 2013

I want a time travel series sitcom with a live studio audience. I know there is 3rd rock from the sun and the new show neighbors about aliens but a sitcom about time travel like quantum leap or sliders it be really cool and fun instead of cheesecakes and pregnancy time travel instead.

Thurston77

[194]Jun 20, 2013

I have developed an idea for a show about a London cop who plays by his own rules

http://www.docdroid.net/2su8/maul.pdf.html

skbrettbug

[195]Aug 15, 2013
    • level: 18

WESTERN EXPEDITION

My reality show would feature 8 teams of 2 racing across the Western US. It is like the Amazing Race, Survivor, and a bit of Big Brother because the last team to arrive will enter deliberation, where one of the team members will be voted out. It's a Work in Progress

skbrettbug

[196]Mar 26, 2014

DIVIDED WE FALL

It's the year 2030, and the political spectrum has gone awry. Gone are the days of leaning right or left, now we have full-out radicals and reactionaries trying to get things done. However, it's clear that the major difference in beliefs that nothing will get done. Enter Operation Fission, a government plan to split the country in two. Two new countries are formed: West of the Mississippi River the Democrats control their own country, to the East, the Republicans get their land. Peace doesn't last long, as a war breaks out between the two former United States' territories.

skbrettbug

[197]13 days ago

MIND READER:

Similar to The Truman Show, a boy is born and immediately a microchip is put into the back of his head that can read his thoughts, pick up on what he says, knows exactly where he is and what he does. He goes along in life and his parents (or anyone else) is able to take a glance into his life by logging into a special computer at the hospital. I guess this would be a movie moreso than a show.

I guess I'm the only one who posts here, just doing my part to keep TV.com alive