TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Forums: Shows in Development: Sword of Truth Series on HBO

Do you think HBO should re-try the Sword of Truth Series?

darkwolfette

[1]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 8

So, I know that ABC ruined the Sword of Truth Series with their low budget, non congruent version of Terry Goodkind's masterpiece. Game of Thrones is already a highly successful series due to not only its truth to the books, but its ability to go beyond PG-13. I think that it's only fair the Sword of Truth get another chance to show how amazing it can be. I also think HBO would be great home for it. I know that nowadays, no one like second chances anymore; but I honestly think it could be a seriously successful series if they would give another chance. I read the books, and was amazed more and more with each book that I read. I never thought it possible, but every book just got better and better than the one before it. I know it could be epic!! Let me know what you think.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

msbirdlady

[2]Nov 25, 2011
    • level: 3
    I have never read the books but i fell in love with the show. I don't care who brings it back i just want to see more. my brother who has read all the books more than once hated the show...

TrevPlatt

[3]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 5

I agree that the show deserves another chance, I think there is a lot of potential there to create a great series, but HBO now has the very successful Game of Thrones, so I doubt they would take a chance on creating another fantasy drama. Maybe if one of the others (AMC, Showtime, Stars, maybe even FX) gave it a go it could work.

The biggest problem with the series was casting Craig Horner as Richard, he's a terrible actor, and they seemed to use Hercules: The Legendary Journeys as the inspiration for the fight scenes. I've only just started the 2nd book so I don't know if they are supposed to have a defected mord-sith working with them or not or but I really enjoyed the contrast between Cara and Kahlan and it's something I'd welcome in a reboot of the series.

Speaking of Craig Horner being the wrong choice - any thoughts on who you would cast in a reboot?

fweak

[4]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 50

It's a great idea but they'd have to keep Craig Parker as Darken Rahl, cause only he could handle the role. Seeker would most obviously been more faithful and much better if it had premiered on a "movie" channel like HBO or Starz.

Speaking of Craig Parker, the Spartacus series on Starz has many similarthemes as the Sword of Truth series and has Craig playing a role almost as evil (and great) as Darken Rahl.

silverscreenluv

[5]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 5

msbirdlady wrote:
    I have never read the books but i fell in love with the show. I don't care who brings it back i just want to see more. my brother who has read all the books more than once hated the show...

It's funny; everyone I know who read the books, myself included, hated that show even though we all watched it. Everyone I know who didn't read the books but watched the show loved it. Weird.

MordSith1

[6]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 1

Best story ever... i dare to say that is up there with Game of thrones if not better!!!

geani

[7]Dec 8, 2012
    That will be awesome!

dkirby2187

[8]Dec 8, 2012

The series was epic. The chemistry of the main characters was the best so changing any of them would ruin the series. The books have so much material that could be adapted for seasons of episodes. The show would be a complete hit.

GunnBeth

[9]Dec 8, 2012

I think it would be amazing. To give the show another chance, they could be a bit closer to the books. I loved the show before, but the books are on a whole different level. It would be great for the people who havn't read the books to see more of the story, and for those of us who have read the books, well it brings the stories and characters to life. I think HBO could do this show excellently!

kristineiflist

[10]Nov 11, 2014

If you guys want to see Sword of Truth adapted once again (like I do!) you can support and dream cast for the series on The IF List to get the attention of producers! http://iflist.com/stories/swordoftruth#

Edited on 11/11/2014 10:32am