1 vs 100 Forums

GSN - Game Show Network (ended 2011)

Episode 201

1 vs. 100 is Back And...

agent_0042

[1]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 66
    What a premiere! Everything about the show is improved. No more stupid delay tactics, a bigger set, a general look of polish, and our first one million dollar winner! Overall, I was very impressed with tonight's show, and I hope it did well in the ratings. I'll be posting a more detailed Episode Review too.
    Edited on 01/04/2008 7:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

XOGssipGrlXO

[2]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    OMG! It was so cool, I can't believe he won the million. Woot! That guy was so geeky though.

Wrestlingfan90

[3]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 7

OMG I can't believe that he won the million. Finally, A MILLION-DOLLAR WINNER ON AN NBC GAME-SHOW!!!!! For the question, I guessed wrong, so I would have lost. GREAT JOB!!!!

tb485

[4]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    I would have lost on the wrestling question. I got the last one right. After all, you only have one mother and one sweetheart (or supposed to anyway) but how many Christmas cards do people send?

Squizz44

[5]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 13

It could still use some work. They obviously accepted the geeky guy so they could have a big-money winner to start the season and make a splash for ratings, but the idiot blonde is just like most of the Season 1 contestants and I fully expect most of Season 2 to be loaded with the same. I find it difficult to root for stupid contestants; they need to actually have more intelligent contestants and just make the questions harder to avoid having a ton of big winners. As is, the vast majority of the questions are ridiculously easy...and yet, a shocking number of people (contestants and mob members alike) still miss them. I find myself yelling at the TV because people are so damn dumb.

That being said, I do like the faster pace and I think the new money format has potential. I'd probably double the number of money levels to make it 5 mobbers per level instead of 10, but in general I like the changes. Also, even though it wasn't explicitly explained, I like the fact that the contestants apparently can't opt out until they get to $50,000. That definitely eliminates some of the silly drama-searching and pausing that happened early in the game last year.

Edited on 01/11/2008 7:28pm

agent_0042

[6]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 66
    Yes, I'm all for anything that eliminates the ridiculous delay tactics. The catchphrase of the show is "Do you want the money... or Do you want the Mob?" but the key to it is not to abuse it by starting it up when it really matters, as they now do.

bob07087

[7]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 19
    I saw the repeat last night on cable and I missed the card giving question,