1 vs 100 Forums

GSN - Game Show Network (ended 2011)

Episode 203

agent_0042

[1]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 66
    When that guy Asked the Mob on the question about the state that didn't ratify the 13th Amendment until 1995, and Kentucky lit up as one of the two remaining answer choices, I thought the guy totally had it bagged. That lady's logic pattern was totally whack. If you're one of the Northern states that was against slavery in the first place, then why would you lag to ratify the Amendment? Makes no sense whatsoever. Well, I hope those members of the Mob that got it right enjoy the $250K they split, because they earned it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tb485

[2]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 8
    Actually, Kentucky was one of the five slave states that aligned with the Union (as was Missouri). To add to the confusion, the lady's logic also placed Missouri in the "deep south." Frankly, I thought that Mississippi was too obvious an answer so it had to be Missouri.

Anyway, he was just plain stupid, not for missing the question but for going on.

FWIW...I would have missed the Yin/Yang question as well. I could'a sworn there was a g on Yin!

BTW...I don't like the fact that the same dumb mob members keep showing up. I miss the old rule, "you miss, you're out!" I also miss the interaction between various mob members and Bob

agent_0042

[3]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 66
    :
    FWIW...I would have missed the Yin/Yang question as well. I could'a sworn there was a g on Yin!

I wouldn't have -- I have a memory like a trap for those sort of things and knew that "ying" is a common mispronunciation. Yeah, "you miss, you're out" was a good rule. As for the lesser interaction, I suspect it's part of the overall attempt to streamline the show and make it more polished.