1 vs 100 Forums

Friday 7:00 PM on GSN - Game Show NetworkIn Season

Episode 206 - Pop Culture

agent_0042

[1]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 66
    The guy who is on there right now either must be an idiot, or just really confused. He used his help, and it told him only three members of the Mob out of 74 chose "Superbad." He was going to lock it in, but then decided to Ask the Mob and found out that "Spider-Man 3" was not the correct answer. So only "Simpsons Movie" and "Superbad" were left, and he already knew that only three had selected "Superbad." So why the kriffing hell did he use his last help and Trust the Mob?! Just answer the question -- Trusting the Mob gives you absolutely nothing you don't have already.

The funny thing is, I'm not a pop-culture junkie and didn't know the answers to any of the previous questions. Yet I knew the answer to this one -- I read about it in the news.

I hope that guy loses big. What I just watched was ridiculous.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tb485

[2]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 8

Yes, plain studpidty. Locked in on the Simpsons via "Trust the Mob" I'm not sure that it isn't better to lose the helps early on anyway. I can get more help from previewing the question than the awkward helps they have.

My favorite moment happened after Bob cracked the condom joke and Sister Mary Katherine said "This is a FAMILY show???" My wife replied "Good for her!"

agent_0042

[3]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 66
    Well, the helps are decent in some cases if you know how to use them. The Poll the Mob is probably the best because it can either verify an answer you think it might be, or totally direct you away from it, unless you're dumb like that guy. The Ask the Mob is kinda lame because the Mob Members can lie about why they chose an answer, though it does eliminate a wrong answer. And the Trust the Mob isn't bad, but contestants seem reluctant to use it, which is probably human nature -- they don't want to believe that the Mob is smarter about the subject matter of the question than they are.