1 vs 100

Friday 7:00 PM on GSN - Game Show Network Premiered Oct 13, 2006 In Season

1 vs 100 Fan Reviews (52)

• This Show Gets More Boring Every Episode

3.1
    I Watched This Show When It Started But Stopped Watching After Episode 5 Because This Show Gets Boring After A While. Maybe I Could Watch An Episode Once Every 2 Months And That Wouldn't Be To Bad But This Show Is Going To Let Me Fall Asleep On The Couch With My Glasses On. I Haven't Watched It Since Last Year And Yeah, And Now That I Remembered It, I Just Yawned. This Show Isn't Good In My Book Because You Can Yawn, Sleep Or Turn The Channel In The Middle Of An Episode. Thats Why I Don't Like This Show.
  • That take 15 minutes ask one question! enough said

3.4
    1 vs. 100 is not a good show for one: It takes fifteen minutes to ask 1 question, 2: Bob Saget is not a good host, 3: The show is just going down hill. Deal or No Deal is way better, I don't know why people think it is better than it. Do not tune in because it is a waste of time. It would be better if maybe it took less time to ask a question and maybe more than once week on tv. I gave the show a 3.4 because the only thing i like about is probably answering the questions just to see if i'm right. But please if you think this is good fine but if you haven't tried it knock it.
  • Can't think of much to say

This show is hosted by Bob Saget (Full House, The Aristocrats), finds ordinary people competing against a Mob of 100. Some of the 100 are ordinary folks, just like them, but the Mob also contains some of the best and the brightest. At any given time, the Mob may consist of brain surgeons, Ivy League scholars, past game show champions and other extremely smart individuals. Big-name celebrities are also often seen within the Mob, including such talent as poker superstar Annie Duke, Ken Jennings, Todd Bridges, comedian and The lone contestant faces a series of multiple-choice questions, increasing in value after the first few. The prize money won is based directly on members of the Mob that are eliminated from the game as they answer questions incorrectly. After all Mob members are given a few seconds to lock in their answer, the contestant is then given the opportunity to consider the question and then answer. The dollar values start at $1,000, rising to a possible maximum of $10,000. If at any time the lone contestant answers incorrectly, he or she is out of the game and the members of the Mob split the prize money that had been earned up to that point.
  • Can't say much about this??

3.7
    1 vs 100 is a reality game show hosted by Bob Saget. The question are extremely easy and anyone can answer them. The total about of money one player can win is 250,000 dollars. There are 3 life lines, which makes the game a little bit easier. The people you play against is called "THE MOB" At times Saget makes the game really boring, and the players are not as exciting to be there. Its really hard to get into the game show. The reason is becuase the questions are extremely easy. It worth watching when there's literally nothing on television.
  • Can't say anything about this show

All this show is stupid contestants, easy/uninteresting questions, and an interesting concept botched in implementation. With the host Bob Saget which is a great actor but i would never see him doing a game show. The prize money won is based directly on members of the Mob that are eliminated from the game as they answer questions incorrectly. The dollar values start at $1,000, rising to a possible maximum of $10,000.
  • 1 vs 100 could have been good. However, stupid contestants, easy/uninteresting questions, an interesting concept botched in implementation, and a dash of unoriginality mire what could have been a NBC game show more compelling than Deal or No Deal.

Why is 1 vs 100 so bad? For one, the people on this show are complete idiots. One lady couldn't multiply 15 x 6, and neither could 20 people in the mob. I was flabbergasted to be honest. Other contestants and mob members have been just as stupid on easy questions. It's like watching people get the first question on Millionare wrong over and over and over.

Secondly, it's plain uninteresting and bit unoriginal. Sure, the 1 vs 100 concept is original, but I didn't feel like it was used to its potential. Then there are the "helps". These are obviously ripped off from Millionare, but badly. One called "trust the mob" should be called "trust a pack of idiots with your money".

All in all, skip 1 vs 100 unless you're looking for a comedy that makes you want to scream at 101 idiots on the TV.
  • NOT FAST ENOUGH

I love watching game shows and when I saw previews of this show my main concern was Bob being the host and my fears came true I don't think he is the right host for game. He doesn't conect to the contestants and I find his humor very dry and not funny. Host are suppose to move show along. This show does not move fast enough for a trivia game. I feel they are trying to make a big build up, like on deal Or No Deal when the the deal get high or their a few cases left to open. I have given this show 4 weeks and I can't say that its one that I will rush home to watch. It just doesn't do it for me.
  • Was the question written incorrectly or was the answer incorrect. Episode 9, Christmas show, lady wearing orange shirt and she had dark hair was asked about parallel parking Santa's sleigh.

The question was (paraphrased): What part of Santa's sleigh would be against the curb if Santa were to parallel park the sleigh? The three answers were the back bumper, the driver's side or the passenger's side (not in the correct order).

The lady answered the passenger side. Dannie Bonnaducci made a remark about this as well because he had the same answer. The "correct" answer read that it was the back bumper.

I would like to know why the lady answering was incorrect. According to Wikapedia, the passenger's side would be against the curb, NOT the back bumper.

Should she get another chance? Unless I misunderstood the question, I think she should get another chance.
  • Its not horrible...

although I remembered when I first started watching this show, it actually kept me in suspense. But lately I see that they purposely add a group of 5 bimbo strippers (or, Hooters girls..or whatever) within the 100, in which they surely are the first ones to lose. And then I notice that they usually keep the cameras on them bimbos for awhile (maybe to get higher ratings?). Anyway, thing is, isnt this game a bit TOO easy to play, or is it just me? By that, I mean that usually the questions are easier than a lot of game shows I have seen. I mean, that would be great for the contestant, but way boring for the viewers to watch, dont you think? This game show needs more fine tuning, and should think of something to keep everyone (viewers AND the contestant) in suspense!
  • it's an alright show when I catch it, as long as they don't have him do cheesy jokes, or do his regular act which would be dirty jokes.

6.6
    This show has potential sure it's not orignal, and not as easy to get into as Deal or no Deal, but it's a decent show. I'm not sure how long it will survive, because Friday night's seem like the kiss of deaths for shows. This started out there, so they may move it later on. It's interesting to see them knock out some of the mob, and the questions are easy at first but some get harder I guess. I think it's fair that they should are easier, because they are going up against 100 people, you have to give them some sort of help. They might be able to make some tweaks, and make this almost as popular as Deal or No Deal.
  • DOND is kinda...better.

I like Deal or no Deal better than 1 vs. 100. I mean, 1. vs. 100 is good, but not great, and not bad. It's just I can't watch a whole entire episode.

Okay, so I ee 1 vs. 100 is on, so I change to that channel. I watch it for 5 mins and I'm like, "This is cool!" But then, after the first 30 minutes, I'm like, "You know, this is getting a little boring." And by the 35th minute I'm gone, watching another show.

So, maybe this being a 30 min show wouldn't be that bad.

7 out of 10.
  • I don't no how to feel about this show

T h i s s h o w w o u l d b e a l o t b e t t e r i f t he y a s k e d q u e s t i o n s t h a t a c t u a l l y r e q u i r e d s o m e t h o u g h t. T H e y also need to get rid Bob Saget. That guy isn't even f u n n y his audience gives him pitty laughs.
  • Although I like the fact that Bob Saget is hosting it, the show has Deal or No Deal written all over it.

Ok, I'm not saying that this is a bad show at all. I like games that tests a person's intelligence for money. However, this show is setup EXACTLY like Deal or No Deal. For one, like on Deal oor No Deal, you have to push a button to make your final decision. Also, like Deal or No Deal, this show has "The Mob" lined up like the suitcases would be on Deal or No Deal. Thw worst part are the intermission game. Now tell me that isn't ripped off from Deal or no Deal. I wouldn't be surpriseed if these two shows were in the same studio with each other. However, this is definently something towatch on a Weekday when there's nothing on and of course the part about the testing people's intelligence for money, even though all in all, that bit is unoriginal.
  • 1 vs. 100 is a show where one person answers questions and trys to last longer the 100 in the "mob".

7.2
    1 vs. 100 is a decent show. However it seems too familiar to deal or no deal. Yes I know that it is from the same producers, but the set seems to similar. Also the trivia seems easy at random intervals. Like the first question was easy the second one was hard and third easy. I would like to point out how in my review of deal or no deal I had classified it as a “trend-setter”. And I have a feeling that people disagreed with the point. Yet this show proves them wrong. However I liked watching this show recorded on my DVR, as I could fast forward the more boring parts of peoples indecisions. I will continue to watch this show as it is entertaining but still not the best out there. I have a feeling that after a few episodes it will get old and I will loose intrest.
  • Cool quiz-show!

The Australian version of 1 VS 100, hosted by the one and only Eddie Maguire is not that bad a Quiz show. I agree that most of the questions are pretty easy but one thing you have to remember is that none of the contestants have been brave enough to go all the way yet, the questions would be much harder then i think.

So basically there's one contestant who has to eliminate A mob of 100 people in order to win 1 Million dollar prize money, you have three lifelines( similar to those of Who wants to be a millionaire, a much better quiz show in my opinion.)you get to choose whether you want to play on or take the amount of money you have won But if you get a question wrong the number of people in the mob who got it right share the money in between them.

Eddie Maguire is a perfect host and i couldn't have thought of a better person to host the show, but maybe it's just me but it's kind of weird seeing him in something other than "The footy show" and 'who wants to be a millionaire".

An entertaining 1 hour is what 1 Vs 100 is so MAKE SURE you watch it every Monday night From 8:30( check your local guides) on Channel Nine.
  • Great show, really inventive!

This show rocks everyones socks! Really, it is just a great concept! All of these game shows now are really corny and cheesy but not this one! I love it, really its a great show because it actually requires effort and you have to be smart to do it. This show is just awesome because the people they pick to be on it are just great and their personalities are wonderful. The best thing about the show really is how you have to win be outsmarting 100 people which is a really hard thing to do! I really hope this show stays on the air as long as possible because its great and its just a great idea and has an awesome concept! A+!
  • Another game show on the networks...

What I like about this show is trying to beat the mob. The questions are kind of easy, but I guess standing up there with a chance to win a bunch of money puts stress on you that the questions become harder. I love trivia game shows, so I do like watching this one.
    I think I would like to be a member of the mob rather than a contestant. When mob members win money, it's usually not a lot, especially compared to what regular contestants can win, but I think it would be more fun and of course, you have the chance of staying longer than a regular contestant.
    This is a fun show to watch, even if the host, Bob Saget, is showing his age.
  • Not jsut another Deal or No Deal. This game pits one person against the "mob" in a test that requires knowledge. The goal is simple, answer all the questions right which will whittle down the number left in the mob. Then you win cash. I liked it.

What a pleasant surprize. In the January lull of interesting television, I opted to try one episode of this. Frankly, I feared it was another "Deal or No Deal" where luck is everything and expected to hate it. The first round, which is the 1 vs 100 in the "mob", has a simple question (they are all multiple choice) and it is hard to imagine people missing it but some do. The player gets $1000 for each person that missed it, assuming the player gets it correct.

The remaining members of the mob are able to go on to the next round against the player. The player gets a higher amount per incorrect mob member at each level but the questions are harder and it's more likely that the player will lost it all with a correct answer.

After a few correct answers, the player can opt to take their winnings and stop. If they miss an answer, the mob members that have answered all correctly to that point, split the pot. The last twist is that the player gets three "helps" .. to use over the course of their entire time on the show. These are in the realm of "ask the mob" or "trust the mob" .. depending on the mob for information.

Overall this has the ability to make one think. It's not like the classic jeopardy as the beginning questions are really easy. But they do progress and it is enough to keep my interest. Enjoy!
  • you can't be deal or no deal!

you can't be deal or no deal. but everyone trys they never make it.even fox is seeing how good its doing and is trying to make a show like it but come on be original! its not that hard to make a show thats good acts me and ill help u out and im only 14! 1 vs 100 shows like i made it up and the question are not even hard either the producers 11 year old daughter is making the show or they are not very smart and are making questions they can only answers! man if i can asnwer every question except a few right they need too get harder or the mob ain't never ganna get money!
  • Not Deal or No Deal but still good!

Though it is no Deal or No Deal at all, it is still a great show as it shows that kind of excitement. Bob Saget of Full House fame does a great job. Like I said, he may not be a Howie Mandel. But still, he is fun to hang out with it looks like. Love to see the person win the money and hate to see them lose the money.
  • It is sad to see a great show go.Bring it back please

On the outside you would not believe 1 vs. 100 was created by the same guy that created Deal or No Deal as the two shows are complete parallels of each other. On this program the players actually have to have a brain to earn their money as opposed to Deal where its so simple even my dog could play that game. Its sad that not that many people watch the show because it's one of the best nighttime game shows in recent memory. I hope NBC can bring this show back soon since bumping it for another night of Deal or make a syndicated show because doing neither would be letting a very good show go to waste.
    I am jameslpomeroy and I aprove this message.
  • 1 vs. 100 is a show where one contestant goes against 100 people who are referred to as the mob. If the contestant gets questions right more money for them, if the mob gets it right more money for them. A very fun show but vaguely familiar to other shows.

I actually like to watch the show but it is not an original show. I was actually surprise to see NBC create 1 vs. 100 so close to revealing Deal or No Deal although the shows obviously have their differences. Between the two, I believe that 1 vs. 100 is the best because it has more twist and turns to it. Another thing about 1 vs. 100 is that the mob doesn't always consist of ordinary people. Sometimes there are rappers in the mob, tv court judges, geniuses, a mob full of various type of children, Kevin Federline, Soap Opera stars and others. But overall this show is really a filler for me because I'm kinda tired of all of the game shows. If something else better is on, then I would watch it instead, so this isn't my 1st for Friday night most definitely, but it is a good show.
  • A suspenseful new game show

When I first watched this new show a few weeks ago, I thought it was decent, but not above average. The object of the game is to eliminate all the "mob" members all the while winning more money, the top prize being $1 million. Host Bob Saget incorporates some humor into the show, but not gut-busting laughter. Even though the game show has a few boring parts in it, it makes up for this when the contestant wins the higher amounts of money, and the suspense continues to rise. In my opinion, winning the top prize in this show is as rare as winning the $1 million in "Who Wants to be a Millionaire".
  • 1 vs 100

Either you will win are they will win. That is the whole piont of this and it is a good piont i like 1 vs 100 it is a good gameshow and Bob Saget is a good gameshow host and it is funny. I like when the MOB wins because that is when something different happens it is a relly good show and relly fun to watch out a of all the NBC gameshows on primetime this and Deal or No Deal are the best I guess that is all i have to say about 1 vs 100 THE END
  • THis one is okay

The only thing that I dont like about this show is that the questions are very easy pop questions. Why do they have mensa and doctors trying to answer a question about little nemo? I am sure that there are harder questions latter on in the game but by the time they get to them many smart people are eliminated. Also people take the money eventually if I had 200k sitting in front of me knowing that I was about to get to the hard levels I would take the money too. Nobody will ever win the million just like on Deal or no Deal.
  • I prefer this to Deal or No Deal anyday.

At first, I wasn\'t sure as to whether I\'d watch this, but when I finally decided to, I found it to be very entertaining. Game shows that make you think are my favorites, one reason I could never get into DOND thing. This one, I found to be very similar to Jeparody (Incidentally, Jeparody legend Ken Jennings is one of \"the mob.\") and tried answering the questions myself.

I\'d like to see this show for more than the scheduled five weeks. It\'ll bring some color NBC\'s otherwise dull ratings.
  • Dejavu, it's the bonus round from The Better Sex, done 3 1/3 times.

That's right, if you remember that short lived 1977 ABC game show & the bonus round that went with it, it's like 1 vs 100.

(Compared to The Better Sex)

1 contestant tries to knock off 100 people (6 contestants vs 30 people of the opposite sex), in 12 rounds (6). If the contestant (team) defeats the mob (audience), they win $1,000,000 ($5,000). Otherwise, if they are defeated, the mob (audience) would split the contestants winnings ($500 split).

It would be something if Bob Saget & a male contestant have to face 100 ladies. Or how about Lori Loughlin & a female contestant face 100 men. Then Fremantle would have a court case & Mark Goodson would be turning over in his grave.
  • Good thought for a game show, But can Bob Saget pull it off? Of course he can, he's BOB SAGET!

Yes, Bob Saget is the host of a show that gives contestants a chance to answer questions against a group of 100 people. Really cool concept, and you'd be amazed at how little people can know. It can be the easiest gameshow to win money, or the hardest. It flows nicely and put together well so far in its early years, I like this game show personally, becuase it does a good job at doing questions and getting results. I expect this show to do good in its future still, and it deserves it. Go Bob Saget and crew! 1 vs 100 is a good show, catch it.
  • Its a good show!!!!!

At first I thought this show was a rip off of NBC's Deal or no Deal. But I forgot that this show was made by the same producers. This is another great addition to the NBC gameshow line up. THe only thing I don't like about this show is that there is too much to risk. Like in Deal or no Deal, if you get on, your walking home with at least a penny. So its not as great as Deal or no Deal but I enjoy watching it. I dont know why people think this show is bad, I like it!!!
  • A new game show that at least makes you think -- something I hadn't really expected!

Okay -- I wasn't ready to like this show. Bob Saget as host. He's okay -- but you don't know which Saget to expect. A take-off on "Millionarie". Would this show really be any good?

Actually, it is very good. The fact that one individual is competing against 100 adds spice to the mix. Of course, everyone wants the money which can lead to the mob being demanding -- come on go for it. They at least aren't out what the "one" is out if he guesses wrong. For those who haven't seen the show, one person plays against 100 people to see who is smarter. The one person bankrolls money for every member of the mob who misses it. If the person goes for it and misses the question, the mob gets all the moolah.

The questions themselves remind me of trival pursuit. In fact, I think I had a history class in college that would have prepared me to play this game. I know I had a history class in college that would have prepared me for this show!!! The questions center around what some people would call common knowledge and others would classify as useless knowledge. Regardless, it is popular culture oriented and a good memory definitely helps. Even Kent Jennings from "Jeopardy" fame goofed tonight.

Overall this show can show you just how much useless information you know and make you feel good about yourself.
< 1 2