1 vs 100

Friday 7:00 PM on GSN - Game Show Network Premiered Oct 13, 2006 In Season

1 vs 100 Fan Reviews (52)

• A new gameshow that is very entertaing to watch.

1 vs 100 is a new show on Sunday nights. The host of the show is Bob Saget. I really like the entertaing side of this show with people getting to ask questions or play against the mob who if any of them get a question wrong they will be elimanted though if you get a question wrong you will leave with nothing.

Too bad though Los Vegas took its place with a great NBC night with Deal Or No Deal then 1 vs 100. Now its 1 vs 100 and Los Veagas which means again NBC runined their Friday night.
  • ...a lot of shows have the "DEAL or NO DEAL" thing in it...

It just started so that always is a downside, everybody thinks oh it's such a copy of Deal or No Deal but what show isn't, I mean a lot of shows have the "DEAL or NO DEAL" thing in it! It's like in movies, if one person does one horse movie, than another will do the same with a little different stuff to it... So anyway, I think it's still a good show to watch, not "GREAT", but there are diffrences and ALSO there are questions, 'real' question not 'deal or no deal!
  • This show is a good version of a good trivia game show good example of a good game show but the studio is boring. Bob Saget I like and don't like his performance on America's Funniest Home Videos. I like the new episodes on "afv" better.

Well let's change the subject, about 1 vs 100 I like this game show and I like the host and I do not like the studio. If any viewers like 1 vs 100 email why you like or don't like this show. How come every contestant looks like the other contestant.
  • Very easy questions

All of the questions are easy. Even me, a 15 year old that sits on her butt all day going on the computer and watching TV knows these questions. I knew all of them. That Roman Numeral question was so easy.....I know some people aren't exposed to TV or anything where they can pick up some pop culture knowledge, or some people don't read that many books, but without reading books or wathcing tv, your basic knowledge could probably answer these oh-so hard questions. I played the online game on the website and won the fake 1,000,000 dollars. This is overall a good progam, but they need to get harder questions. Maybe somehow viewers can email questions, that would be cool.
  • Not my favorite but it's good.

The concept of this shows is really great. It got off to a rocky start to because the questions were way too easy. But it got better after time and a lot changed. It's a great show to watch. One person versus 100 others is genius. I wish I could be on the show because it seems like fun. The host of the show is great and keeps me laughing. I don't know what else to say about the show other than I like it and will continue watching it as long as NBC has it on. And thats all.
  • The people are so dumb, it should be a comedy.

7.8
    The people are so dumb, it should be a comedy. You got easy questions to answer to win a million dollars. Now I bet your thinking that, "I could win a million dollars just for answering easy questions? How do I sign up!?" You don't. What I beleive is that the contestants are actors. I couldn't believe half of the mob said that you can move up and down on checkers and that a woman would have trouble with a Clue (the board game) question. This show makes me feel smart and makes me feel like a thirteen year old boy could be smarter than adults. HaHaHa. I still think this should go into a comedy catagory.
  • Potentially interesting game show. Needs some little twists.

7.2
    Bob Saget makes a good game show MC - he's toned down from his America's Funniest Videos days. Saget is certainly a lot easier to watch than the other brand new crop of nighttime game show hosts.

The questions on this show are too easy - that's my biggest gripe.

As the game wears on, the "ONE" often falls to the mob out of sheer greed.

The show is well-paced and pleasant to watch. I think they could add a few twists and turns to the mix - maybe single out more individuals from the "Mob" and tell us who they are or somethng.

Whatever, it sure beats the overwhelming number of crime dramas.
  • Better than that "Deal or No Deal" crap.

1 vs 100 requires a thing that Deal severely lacks, a functioning brain. I am kinda reminded of "Millionare" by 100 and having the Mob is an interesting twist, better than picking Breifcases though. And unlike Howie Mandell, Bob Saget is a <u>FUNNY</u> Comedian. But all you really need to do is answer questions and leave when you have enough money.
  • This is a pretty good game show.

I thought this was a good game show. I liked the way the contestant is competing against "The Mob" The one problem I think this show has, same problem as Deal or No Deal, I really doubt that anyone will go all the way for the $1,000,000. It's too difficult and if you answer 1 question wrong you lose everything. It should have a bonuses for knocking out certain percentages of the mob that you keep no matter what. Then I think contestants would keep going. Other than that I like the format. I think it was great that they brought in Ken Jennings for the first Mob, I can't wait to see who else they end up bringing in. The show definitely could be better, but it's entertaining and interesting.
  • Not a bad show, but there is really not much to it.

I grew up on game shows. I loved Sale of the Century, Scrabble, Concentration, Price is Right, and I still watch Jeopardy. Who Wants to Be A Millionaire was a breath of fresh air, and it was no surprise that the many band wagon shows that appeared soon after didn't stick around very long.

A few years after the game show boom, 1 Vs. 100 appeared, and I was eager to give it a try. But, I am sorry to say the show just left me pretty flat. It is not that it is a bad shoe, but it just feels lifeless. Throwing in a semi-celebrity like Ken Jennings isn't enough to make it more than a simple question and answer show. The show doesn't really create a heavy amount of drama. I love a game show that can get me yelling at the contestants, and 1 Vs. 100 just doesn't give me that kind of thrill.
  • Takes way way way to long answer a simple question.

T h i s s h o w w o u l d b e a l o t b e t t e r i f t he y a s k e d q u e s t i o n s t h a t a c t u a l l y r e q u i r e d s o m e t h o u g h t. T H e y also need to get rid Bob Saget. That guy isn't even f u n n y his audience gives him pitty laughs.
  • You need to bring Bob Saget back as host. The new hostess is terrible! It definitely isn't the same show. It isn't even as personal as it used to be. Hope it changes soon!

2.5
    You need to bring Bob Saget back as host. The new hostess is terrible! She has changed the whole attitude of the show and it is for the worse. That was not a good change to make. It definitely isn't the same show. It isn't even as personal as it used to be with the new format. The old saying "If it isn't broke don't fix it" applies here. It was a great show at one time but now it's very difficult to watch. Hope it changes soon! Maybe there will be reruns to watch at some point in time.
  • 10 Times better than Deal or No Deal!

On the outside you would not believe 1 vs. 100 was created by the same guy that created Deal or No Deal as the two shows are complete parallels of each other. On this program the players actually have to have a brain to earn their money as opposed to Deal where its so simple even my dog could play that game. Its sad that not that many people watch the show because it's one of the best nighttime game shows in recent memory. I hope NBC can bring this show back soon since bumping it for another night of Deal or make a syndicated show because doing neither would be letting a very good show go to waste.
  • This is why I like game shows because it gets you involved and that's what game shows are all about.

I think that this show will last a while and I hope it does it kinda reminds me of the rich list on fox I liked that show to cause you really get involved it make you want to participate. and that's what I like about game shows that they make you want to play at home. That's the way every game show should make you feel. Like your a contestant at home. This is the reason we watch game shows to feel like were part of the program. 1 VS 100 really shows that by letting us answer questions and by seeing if we're smarter than the mob. Well that's what I have to say about the show and here is what I though about the 9th episode:
    The show started with Santa and then was followed by the 12 days of Christmas and their interpitation of it which I liked a lot it's my favorite Christmas song. But the questions were defenatly easy especially the one about santa parking his sleigh. I couldn't believe that 54 people from the mob were eliminated with that Q + the contestant that was sad. But hey it made better TV. The only Q I had a problem with was the one about the goose. I forgot to count the goose laying the egg I just counted the chicks LOL.
  • Pretty good trivia game show.

I quite liked the premiere of this show so I'll tune in again. Who knows how long before I'm bored with it but I do enjoy trivia. I think I answered every question correctly in the first episode, so either they weren't difficult enough or I'm just really smart.

Hopefully somewhere down the line in a future episode, a contestant makes it really far into the game and has to go head-to-head with Ken Jennings or something like that. My only real gripe with the show is that the pacing seems really slow. I really can't stand all the chit-chat with the contestants on recent game shows (i.e. Millionaire, Deal Or No Deal). I don't care about their personal lives etc.; I just want to answer more questions.

Oh, and I give all shows I watch 10s even if I have issues with them. So ignore that if you want.
  • my new favorite game show

1 vs 100 is now my favorite new game show. The show goes along with one person answering question. While trying knock out the mb which is made out of 100 people and continues to drop with wrong answers. The player gets three answers and have to pick the right one. If they need help the can ask the mob. Each round they knock out a mob player they get moneycontuning from 100$ to i think 10,000$ and if you knock out every body from the mobyou will win 1 million dollars, but if you get the question wrong the people in the mob with split your earnings great game show and bob saget did a really good job
  • This show is great!

I heard about the new game show 1 vs. 100 and I decided to watch it a few months ago. When it premiered on my local NBC affiliate last night, I was pretty ecstatic. After I watched the whole show, I thought it seemed a little similar to other game shows such as Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Greed, and Weakest Link. I hope to see a contestant on that show win a million dollars in the near future, and I definitely hope this show will last MUCH longer than just five episodes. If it doesn\'t last, I'll definitely be disappointed. So tune in to your NBC affiliate every Friday night; if you don\'t, who knows what you'll be missing out on? And I will tape this show to watch later when I'm not home when it comes back on.
  • I thought I'd look at this and boy did I enjoy it.

I got a nice first impression when I saw the host was Bob Saget. You may hate him but I loved him on AFHV and Full House. This is how the game works. There is one lone contestant on the show. There is also a group of 100 other people known as the "mob" on the show. Bob asks a question. The first time, the 100 mob individuals pick an answer and the contestant also picks an answer(three possible choices). If the contestant is wrong, he or she goes home without any money. If he/she is right, then any mob people that got the answer wrong are eliminated. For every mob person gone, the contestant gets $100. They can either take the money or go another round. As the show goes on, a mobster is worth more money to the contestant. The money they've won the previous rounds is also carried over. If they want to, they can take the money they've already won between rounds.

If a contestant eliminates every one of the mobsters, he/she wins 1,000,000 dollars. Like I said above, if he or she loses, they don't get any money. The money the contestant could have won is split evenly between the remaining mobsters. Therefore, they always want the contestant to get large amounts of money so they get more if the contestant loses. This is proven in the fact that the contestant can ask for mob help twice. He or she can pick any one of the answers he or she wants to know more about, and then can pick any audience member who picked that specific answer to tell the contestant more about it.

I greatly enjoyed the first episode and hope this becomes a full show on NBC. The only problem I had is that the questions seemed to be quite easy.
  • 1 vs 100 with bob saget

love Bob Saget the women is just awful i love 1 vs 100 but its noit rhe same bring BOB back please what were you thinking if you need someone who is sexy make the contestans be because she is not i hope you get Bob back i am all for change but this is ridicules don't ruin another great game show
  • The best game show I've seen.

1 Vs. 100 is fun, but isn't it based on an old video game. I like how one person has to answer more questions than the many of the 100 people. This show is even more enjoyable than Deal or No Deal. Why you ask, because I hate game shows that are based on pure luck, it's just not fair. I also like the special appearances that appear in the mob(Otherwise known as the 100 people) It stinks how NBC cancelled it just because it got low ratings by certain critics. This show is by all means a must see game show.
  • 1VS100=Too Easy

This is one of the first trivia game shows on a big network that I, a 14 yr old, feel like I can win big money on. The questions are for babies. I like the show because its very original and it has many great guest stars. Do you want the money or the mob? A puzzling question. I don't think anyone has won the million dollars yet but it won't be long. 1 vs 100 is nowhere near as good as Deal or No Deal but its worth watching. NBC has the best game shows ever and I hope they keep it up.
  • I love game shows and this one is one of the best.

Bob Saget (Danny Tanner from Full House) is a great host for this game show. Then having the mob is great. I loved the first episode. Ken Jennings (74 day champion on Jeopardy) is also 1 of the 100 mobsters. I like the base of the show having it be a trivia gameshow and not all luck like Deal or no Deal is. It reminds me of Holywood Squares a little bit because they are like in their own block and it has a question you need to answeer and in 1 vs 100 you can ask a mobster 2 times and in Hollywood Squares you have to say whether the celbrities answer is right or wrong. So it has the same overall view in a way. Besides that the show is just great and I am going to keep following it and hopefully it sticks around past 5 episodes.
  • A new game show that at least makes you think -- something I hadn't really expected!

Okay -- I wasn't ready to like this show. Bob Saget as host. He's okay -- but you don't know which Saget to expect. A take-off on "Millionarie". Would this show really be any good?

Actually, it is very good. The fact that one individual is competing against 100 adds spice to the mix. Of course, everyone wants the money which can lead to the mob being demanding -- come on go for it. They at least aren't out what the "one" is out if he guesses wrong. For those who haven't seen the show, one person plays against 100 people to see who is smarter. The one person bankrolls money for every member of the mob who misses it. If the person goes for it and misses the question, the mob gets all the moolah.

The questions themselves remind me of trival pursuit. In fact, I think I had a history class in college that would have prepared me to play this game. I know I had a history class in college that would have prepared me for this show!!! The questions center around what some people would call common knowledge and others would classify as useless knowledge. Regardless, it is popular culture oriented and a good memory definitely helps. Even Kent Jennings from "Jeopardy" fame goofed tonight.

Overall this show can show you just how much useless information you know and make you feel good about yourself.
  • Its a good show!!!!!

At first I thought this show was a rip off of NBC's Deal or no Deal. But I forgot that this show was made by the same producers. This is another great addition to the NBC gameshow line up. THe only thing I don't like about this show is that there is too much to risk. Like in Deal or no Deal, if you get on, your walking home with at least a penny. So its not as great as Deal or no Deal but I enjoy watching it. I dont know why people think this show is bad, I like it!!!
  • Good thought for a game show, But can Bob Saget pull it off? Of course he can, he's BOB SAGET!

Yes, Bob Saget is the host of a show that gives contestants a chance to answer questions against a group of 100 people. Really cool concept, and you'd be amazed at how little people can know. It can be the easiest gameshow to win money, or the hardest. It flows nicely and put together well so far in its early years, I like this game show personally, becuase it does a good job at doing questions and getting results. I expect this show to do good in its future still, and it deserves it. Go Bob Saget and crew! 1 vs 100 is a good show, catch it.
  • Dejavu, it's the bonus round from The Better Sex, done 3 1/3 times.

That's right, if you remember that short lived 1977 ABC game show & the bonus round that went with it, it's like 1 vs 100.

(Compared to The Better Sex)

1 contestant tries to knock off 100 people (6 contestants vs 30 people of the opposite sex), in 12 rounds (6). If the contestant (team) defeats the mob (audience), they win $1,000,000 ($5,000). Otherwise, if they are defeated, the mob (audience) would split the contestants winnings ($500 split).

It would be something if Bob Saget & a male contestant have to face 100 ladies. Or how about Lori Loughlin & a female contestant face 100 men. Then Fremantle would have a court case & Mark Goodson would be turning over in his grave.
  • It is sad to see a great show go.Bring it back please

I am jameslpomeroy and I aprove this message.
  • 1 vs. 100 is a show where one contestant goes against 100 people who are referred to as the mob. If the contestant gets questions right more money for them, if the mob gets it right more money for them. A very fun show but vaguely familiar to other shows.

I actually like to watch the show but it is not an original show. I was actually surprise to see NBC create 1 vs. 100 so close to revealing Deal or No Deal although the shows obviously have their differences. Between the two, I believe that 1 vs. 100 is the best because it has more twist and turns to it. Another thing about 1 vs. 100 is that the mob doesn't always consist of ordinary people. Sometimes there are rappers in the mob, tv court judges, geniuses, a mob full of various type of children, Kevin Federline, Soap Opera stars and others. But overall this show is really a filler for me because I'm kinda tired of all of the game shows. If something else better is on, then I would watch it instead, so this isn't my 1st for Friday night most definitely, but it is a good show.
  • A suspenseful new game show

When I first watched this new show a few weeks ago, I thought it was decent, but not above average. The object of the game is to eliminate all the "mob" members all the while winning more money, the top prize being $1 million. Host Bob Saget incorporates some humor into the show, but not gut-busting laughter. Even though the game show has a few boring parts in it, it makes up for this when the contestant wins the higher amounts of money, and the suspense continues to rise. In my opinion, winning the top prize in this show is as rare as winning the $1 million in "Who Wants to be a Millionaire".
  • 1 vs 100

Either you will win are they will win. That is the whole piont of this and it is a good piont i like 1 vs 100 it is a good gameshow and Bob Saget is a good gameshow host and it is funny. I like when the MOB wins because that is when something different happens it is a relly good show and relly fun to watch out a of all the NBC gameshows on primetime this and Deal or No Deal are the best I guess that is all i have to say about 1 vs 100 THE END
< 1 2