1 vs 100

Saturday 5:00 PM on Disney Channel Premiered Mar 18, 2006 Returning June 20, 2014

1 vs 100 Fan Reviews (52)

• Not jsut another Deal or No Deal. This game pits one person against the "mob" in a test that requires knowledge. The goal is simple, answer all the questions right which will whittle down the number left in the mob. Then you win cash. I liked it.

What a pleasant surprize. In the January lull of interesting television, I opted to try one episode of this. Frankly, I feared it was another "Deal or No Deal" where luck is everything and expected to hate it. The first round, which is the 1 vs 100 in the "mob", has a simple question (they are all multiple choice) and it is hard to imagine people missing it but some do. The player gets $1000 for each person that missed it, assuming the player gets it correct.

The remaining members of the mob are able to go on to the next round against the player. The player gets a higher amount per incorrect mob member at each level but the questions are harder and it's more likely that the player will lost it all with a correct answer.

After a few correct answers, the player can opt to take their winnings and stop. If they miss an answer, the mob members that have answered all correctly to that point, split the pot. The last twist is that the player gets three "helps" .. to use over the course of their entire time on the show. These are in the realm of "ask the mob" or "trust the mob" .. depending on the mob for information.

Overall this has the ability to make one think. It's not like the classic jeopardy as the beginning questions are really easy. But they do progress and it is enough to keep my interest. Enjoy!
GSN