10 Things I Hate About You Forums

ABC Family (ended 2010)

when does this take place?

monke4sale

[1]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    ok so I have been meaning to ask this... and the more I watch the show the more I'm making up my own assumptions...but... when is the show supose to take place with the movie? is the show supose to be a pre-movie kind of deal or is the show supose to kind of take the place of the movie? as of right now I'm leaning on the side of the show is supose to take the place of the movie, but obviously I don't know and was wondering if anyone else did
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GottaLuvAnime

[2]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 7
    i think its the latter. its seems more stand alonei think not really w/ the movie @ all.

alirk

[3]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 22
    I think the show is supposed to be totally independent from the show...If you think about it, the storylines don't really gel...

yunik8

[4]Aug 27, 2009
    • level: 1
    The show is definitely separate from the movie. If you think about it Cameron was new in the movie and Biance and Kate is new in the show. The concept is like the movie but the show will progress completely different.

Coal_Harbour

[5]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 2
    The show, at least in its initial stages, is more or les a remake of the 1999 movie of the same name, and both are modern versions of "The Taming the Shrew" by William Shakespeare. The main characters are the same in both the movie and tv versions(though they are played by different actors with the exception of Walter Stratford). Some of the dialogue is even the same, for example Walter's line that Bianca can date when Kat does.

I will admit that I have not seen the movie, so this is based on what I've found out online (info from tv.com and imdb.com, and the trailer for the movie on Youtube). As such I can't tell what differences there have been between the movie and the tv show (other than the actors and the sets). Though I would speculate that if the tv show goes long enough it will cover all of the plot of the movie (if it has not already), and will have to by default move on to plot not based on the movie.

alirk

[6]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 22

You really should watch the movie...It's great!