10 Things I Hate About You

Great Expectations

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 12, 2010 on ABC Family

• First dates.

I really enjoyed this episode, it was pretty funny. It definitely had a lot of relationship development on Kat & Bianca's part. Kat tries to find out if her night out with Patrick is is a real date. Meanwhile Bianca gets nervous when she worries that Joey & her will have sex on their first date, especially when he brings her over to his house, and his parents are out of town. Chastity realizes she is miserable and goes to the movies alone, she bumps in to Cameron where she vents all her problems. A weird pairing: Chastity/Cameron. But it was definitely interesting to watch. Kat finds out it is a date when Patrick agrees to pay, only to find out they have to dine & dash. They end up running, but Kat ends up getting food poisoning. Patrick finally acknowledges it as a date by the end. I started to like Joey more as a character in this episode, until he starts kissing Bianca, on the couch. He sounded like some sort of sexual predator. Then he gets redemption when he agrees that their relationship is PG rated. I love the development with Kat & Patrick. The dad seems to over do it on being overprotective, but I guess that's just for the comedy, even though it's unrealistic. An amazing episode.
  • Fantastic Episode. Why you should watch this show. Great acting from everyone on board.

First off, when Joey meets Walter = hilarious. Great writing and Larry Miller pulls it off beautifully. Chastity gets stuck alone. It was done so well that I actually felt sorry for her. The whole thing with Bianca and Joey was typical but done really nicely as well. I was glad that Joey put this issue aside. It seems Bianca and Joey are really good together. As you can see, the writing is fantastic... the comedy is golden. And Lindsay Shaw and Ethan Peck just make you want to watch more as Kat and Patrick explore their relationship a bit more. From deciding whether it's a date to dining and dashing, this was a fun episode for these two. I enjoy watching this show - while TV is over-populated with teen comedy-dramas mash-ups, this is one show to kick back, relax, and enjoy without having to hear/watch/listen to overly sexual teenagers trying to get what they want. These relationships (Kat/Patrick, Bianca/Joey, etc.) are much more realistic and believable and the actors really pull it off, creating an impressive on-screen chemistry.