10 Things I Hate About You

ABC Family (ended 2010)

aldaros23

10 Things I Hate About You Fan Reviews (22)

• Just plain bad... This show soils the movies memory with a pathetic attempt to revamp the plot and characters.

ABC family launches another teen demographic aimed show, but unlike some of their better work (i.e. Kyle XY) this show is just plain awful. The character's blocking is obviously rehearsed to death and forced. The dialogue is equally terrible making this show painful to watch. The characters are unlovable and don't live up to their predecessors. The casting director's choices are astoundingly horrible, causing me to wonder if no one bothered to show up to the casting call; which could be a good career saving move because this black hole of a show will obviously be a stain on all it's participates resumes.

The idea is brilliant, reworking a Shakespeare classic much like the movie did for Taming of the Shrew, The Lion King did with Hamlet, or Get Over It did with A Midsummer Night's Dream, but unlike the listed above the show lacks comedy, the character depth, and actor talent.

However, it was refreshing to see the cameos that appear throughout the show. This show follows the movie closely with such similarities as, Joey is an IQ challenged male model, The Dad is still played by the gifted Larry Miller, Letters To Cleo reappearing to play I Want You to Want Me, and much more. With that in mind though the viewer wonders how long can ABC Family stretch a 90 min moive plot?

To wrap up, IF you didn't enjoy the movie, then I suggest you skip it entirely and save yourself the nausea this show would induce. IF you did like the movie you will hate what this remake, and regret spending half an hour of your life shifting through the poor imitation that is 10 Things I Hate About You.