101 Dalmatians: The Series

Every Little Crooked Nanny / Cone Head

Aired Weekdays 5:30 AM Jan 30, 1998 on Toon Disney

7.7
  • "Every Little Crooked Nanny" and "Cone Head" were both superb episodes of "101 Dalmatians". These two episodes are both very special to me, for they aired on my birthday.

"Every Little Crooked Nanny" and "Cone Head" were both superb episodes of "101 Dalmatians". These two episodes are both very special to me. The episode aired on my birthday.

In "Every Little Crooked Nanny", it's Spring and time for some Spring cleaning, that means its time to clean the Dearly's home and get rid of Cruella's security cameras. Anita's making something for her cows, but Cruella overhears this and misinterprets thinking that she's plotting something for a couple of royalties. Cruella decides to let Horace and Jasper trick Nanny out of the house and get a makeover so that she can take her place posing as a sister of hers. I must admit, while Cruella is amongst my least favorite characters, her plan was very well thought out. Cruella also reveals that she's really good at calling for quick service. I especially loved the four guys who worked in those services and said their marching grunts; they're really funny to listen to. I would have liked the episode a little better if the pups had larger speaking roles. While Cadpig does have a few memorable lines, the main pups don't really say much in this episode. That's the episode's only weak point, but other than that, the whole thing is pretty entertaining to watch.

"Cone Head", I personally think is the better of the two. Lucky shows off for Mooch by jumping off a high tree branch into Hiccup Hole. He gets injured as a large branch lands on his head. Dr. Whittaker stitched him up and gave him a cone to wear for a few days. He was being forced to wear the cone. This was very miserable for poor Lucky since he had to deal with Mooch poking fun at him so much. It was in some ways amusing the many attempts Rolly and Cadpig helped him hide the cone. I don't know why Spot decided to play soft jazz music each time he walked out. The first time may be understandable since Cadpig said that style is 99% attitude; I'm not sure about the second and third times (maybe just for fun?). Of course, this episode wasn't all to feel sorry for Lucky. The writers cleverly plotted this episode by adding a B story: Roger accidently gives himself a bald spot and does everything he can to cover it up. This episode, again, has a lot of memorable quotes (most of which Cadpig deserves credit for). Mooch, in the end, gets what he deserves for insulting Lucky so much.

Overall, these were both superb episodes. I personally think "Cone Head" was the better of the two. This episode is very special to me since it originally aired on my birthday. It makes me feel even better the fact that one of the two is a strong vehicle for Lucky. This is definately one of the greatest birthday presents I have ever recieved!