101 Dalmatians: The Series

Poison Ivy / Twelve Angry Pups

Aired Weekdays 5:30 AM Nov 14, 1997 on Toon Disney

• These were average episodes of 101 Dalmatians, but they could use a little more development.

In "Poison Ivy", Cruella is having the Dearly's watch over her niece, Ivy. Ivy seems like a very sweet girl, and the main pups decide to go play with her. However, the pups find out that Ivy is really a little trouble-maker, and she plans to cause chaos all over the farm and make it look like the puppies are responsible for it. She does a really good job doing it too.

It really hurt me to see the puppies get into trouble. Why did it have to be them? Those three pups are so innocent, yet they got into so much trouble, and Roger punnished them. Why did they have to so such in this episode? The puppies even did a totem pole in this episode...in their standard lineup even!

There are some things in this episode that are not quite clear enough such as Lucky spying on Ivy, and he tells his sibblings that she's framing them for messing up Roger's computer and then tells them to look while he was probably unaware that he was standing on Cadpig who at the same time was standing on Rolly causing there to be know way for them to get up to the window. Also, Rolly appearing trying to clean up Roger's desk while he didn't come through at first.

The ending I felt was appropriate having Roger and Anita find out that the puppies have been framed all along. Yes, those cute little puppies are just as innocent as Ivy. My only question is, did Roger ever find out how to get rid of that Ivy Virus? Some continuity might be nice.

"Twelve Angry Pups", in my opinion, is not as well-written as "Poison Ivy". In this episode, Mooch has been accused of stealing things from the other residents of Dearly Farm, yet he claims he's innocent. The farm decides to set up a trial to settle this whole thing.

I really think this episode could use a little more excitment rather than just, "Let's play trial." Ed Pig is also in character as he's always been, giving us his whole, "As mayor..." attitude. One of the few pros of this episode is the fact that it's one of the very few where Two-Tone has any spoken lines, and she deserved a little more spotlight than what she got in the series.

Overall, these episodes are okay. "Poison Ivy" has earned my reccomendation, but I reccomend you just not watch "Twelve Angry Pups" unless your one of those fans who is obsessed with Two-Tone. That's all I can say about this pair of episodes.

"She's doing something to Roger's computer, and she's framing us! Look!"
    -I would if I could, but for now, I am unable to. "Poison Ivy"