101 Dalmatians: The Series

The Good-bye Chick

Aired Weekdays 5:30 AM Nov 17, 1997 on Toon Disney

4.6
  • "The Goodbye Chick" stands out to me as one of the worst episodes of the series. I'll explain why, so don't freak out.

Cornelia is fed up with Spot acting like a dog and spending too much time with Lucky, Rolly and Cadpig and wants her to act more like a chicken. This plot sounds very similar to the plot in "My Fair Chicken", and I thought Cornelia changed her mind about Spot's behavior at the end of that episode.

What makes this episode different is the fact that it's a full-length episode, and Spot decides to run away from home and make friends with new types of animals and find out who she really is. I tend to prefer the short episodes better than the full-lenght episodes since I get two adventures for the price of one episode!

What makes me even more upset is this episode seems to come on very often when I don't want it to. It's like, "Wow! 101 Dalmatians is coming on! I haven't seen that show in such a long time!" But then the episode starts and it's like, "Oh, it's just this episode." Don't you hate it when dissappointments occur just like that?

I don't know why I'm against this episode so much. Well, I explained a lot already. This episode seems to focus on Spot more than any other character, and Spot is my least favorite of the main four. Lucky, Cadpig and Rolly all deserved larger roles in this episode, and that's the episode's main flaw.

In conclusion, "The Goodbye Chick" has not earned my reccomendation, and it's not a good way to get innitiated into the series. This is one of those episodes that you should just skip for the day while getting innitiated into the series. If you've already seen "My Fair Chicken", then you don't need to see this one. I suggest starting out with such classic episodes as "Leisure Lawsuit" and "Chow About That?" to get a good idea of what the show's all about.

"What can I say? It's a precious gift."
    -There are some things money can't buy, and some are not worth it. "The Goodbye Chick"