101 Dalmatians: The Series

Virtual Lucky

Aired Saturday 9:30 AM Nov 21, 1997 on ABC

7.8
  • All you fans must believe that this is one of the best episodes of "101 Dalmatians", or else, it's "Game Over"!

In "Virtual Lucky", Roger has made a new video game, which he's about to submit to a game company. At the beginning, while Roger's finishing up the game, Lucky and the gang are having fun with a catapult that Nanny made to get some of her work done. Of course, Spot had to but in and ruin all the pups' fun. Cruella stops by to get a preview of the game, which the main pups get to see as well. After Roger leaves his office from getting a phone call, Lucky and Cruella get transported into the computer, and literally play the video game. (This is really a good time for the pups to have some way of getting their message out to the humans.)

I'll have to say that Roger's game was very well made, though I don't see how it would sell in real life. I'd play it, but video games are much longer and complex than this one (but hey, this is only a 22-minute episode).

During the second round of the game, Rolly and Cadpig get zapped in as well, which made me happier. Seeing the main pups together never fails to make me smile.

Now, the third round is where it started getting really weird. Lucky, Rolly and Cadpig had to work literally as one to defeat Cruella. Cruella's lines in the last round sounded extremely villanous, as I'd expect out of most video game villains.

This episode had a few good lines and quite a few terrible puns. Spot doing her best to keep Roger from shutting down the computer was very suspensful at times. The ending, I felt, was appropriate: Cruella and the pups are freed from the game's domain, and they all live happily.

Overall, I strongly reccomend "Virtual Lucky" to all fans of the series who are video game nuts. This is definately one of the best episodes of the series, and I'd probably put it in my Top 10. I just hope my computer doesn't do anything buggy to me.

"At last! Supreme one-ness, jointedness, togetherness! When is it over?"
    -We can overcome any obstacle if we work together as a team. "Virtual Lucky"