101 Dalmatians: The Series

You Slipped a Disk / Chow About That?

Aired Weekdays 5:30 AM Sep 01, 1997 on Toon Disney

7.3
  • Without a doubt, these are two of the best episodes of 101 Dalmatians. Two extremely strong episodes in one small package! What more can you ask for.

"You Slipped a Disk": The main pups must retrieve Roger's disk from Scorch before he shows it to Cruella so they can keep Roger out of trouble.

I must admit, I don't have much to say about this episode. There was a lot of cool action and funny stuff in here, but too much to name. All three of the main pups are in character in this episode, and I totally don't mind Spot's absense at all. The chase sequence that is poking fun at the Scooby Doo cartoons was not too surprising. It's been done in various other cartoons as well. Probably the most memorable moment of this episode is Cadpig giving her speech to Rolly saying that they should go help Lucky face Cruella, and then Rolly suggests they just leave, which they do. Definately one of the best lines in the whole series. Rolly and Cadpig are pretty much done for the episode after that, but they do make a brief cameo towards the end. Cruella shows her characteristics as well making changes to Roger's game, and it also shows that she's a computer expert having the ability to do that.

Overall, the episode was very entertaining to watch, so it's reccomended by me.

"Chow About That": Lucky, Cadpig and Rolly miss lunch and try to find a way to break into the chow tower.

This is an outrageous episode, and it is one of the most entertaining episodes of the whole series. The pups racing to the farm was very entertaining all the way through. Cadpig's mental meal I've got totally memorized; it's one of the best things I've heard her say. The various attempts the pups made to get into the chow tower were a little different. Who's idea was it to launch Rolly into the chow tower by using Cadpig as the weight to launch him? I mean, come on, Cadpig weighs like nothing, and Rolly is extremely heavy, plus he was in a bucket and wearing metal stuff. The vaccum cleaner is even weirder. Where did the pups plug that thing into? And how did they get a cord that long? I don't know where they got those springs from, but it was fun to see them bounce around on them. The peanut baloon they got from the tractor they found on the way back, but what made them think it would get them anywhere?

Oh well, the three pups are still outside the chow tower. All is quiet around the silo, but the pups' stomachs grumble loudly. Will they ever get the kibble they want? Spot had the very answer, but the pups chose to ignore it until they crashed into the sewer pipe.

In my opinion, "Chow About That?" was the better of the two episodes, but both that and "You Slipped a Disk" were very strong making this one of the most classic episodes of the series.

"You know, when I get hungry, I have a mental meal."
    -Works for me! "Chow About That?"
  • Simple, yet very strong.

These two episodes were some of the best ones to air in the series.

"You Slipped a Disk" involved Scorch, Cruella's ferret, stealing a floppy disc for a game about Cruella that Roger made. Lucky, Cadpig, and Rolly have to try and get it back before Cruella sees it. This episode had a lot of puppy action from the trio, and stands as one of the series' bests.

"Chow About That" involved the main trio of puppies missing lunch, so they try and break into the chow tower to get their food, with Spot trying to tell them that Nanny left some food for them. The different ways the pups tried to break into the tower were hilarious. I also loved Princess the cow asking Duchess the cow if she's "been drinking her own milk again" (alcohol reference). That line was really funny.

Actually, on February 18, 2011, this episode aired on the Disney Channel at 4:00 AM, meaning that the pups have returned! Let's hope Disney does the same with Doug, Recess, Pepper Ann, and their other shows!

10/10