12 oz. Mouse

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

12 oz. Mouse Fan Reviews (48)

6.7
  • BEST CARTOON... EVER!!!

12 oz mouse has to be the greatest cartoon EVER with ATHF in second. it genius and actually feels like one long dream, its surreal as shit. the parts with the shark and him in the office with the clock ticking and slowly moving across the wall in the background.... genius. and the shitty animation is awesome, they do that on purpose for sure. and 12 oz mouse has to be one of the coolest characters ever created. and skillet is SO FUCKING ANNOYING its hilarious. if you dont find 12 oz mouse hilarious you are an idiot who only gets a laugh from curse words+dick/fart jokes (not saying i dont find that funny) but this crap is for people who are sick of mainstream comedy and want something awesome and totally different. to bad it was cancelled
  • One of the most unique cartoons ever made

12 Oz mouse is truly something different. It follows its own rules and does not try to be the least bit conventional. Very few cartoons I've seen have come close to having such a different, surrealist atmosphere. Ignore those who say it "has no plot" or "is just random crap". They either only watched an episode or two, or just didn't pay attention. Sure, the show is certainly not without its random/slow moments, especially in the earlier episodes. But it all eventually becomes part of a fairly complex plot , one that requires your full attention to understand. Not everything is explained though, some blanks you have to fill in for yourself. Aesthetic wise, yes it is pretty simple. Not that I've ever cared though. Despite the simplicity/"crudeness" all the characters are unique and interesting in appearance and personality, which more or less makes up for lacking animation quality.

Much of this show is love-it-or-hate-it, but if you go into it with an open mind there's plenty to enjoy here, including a rather spectacular climax and conclusion in the last few episodes.
  • It ranks right up there with Squidbillies as one of Adult Swim's worst shows ever created

Just like Squidbillies, 12 oz. Mouse suffers the same stupid things, no humor, no plot, and is too random. But there are two things 12 oz. Mouse does worse than Squidbillies, the artwork and animation. To put it bluntly, the artwork and animation makes Squidbillies look very talented in comparison, the drawings look terrible and were done by a 2 year old that was forced to draw for the show, and the animation is so choppy and stiff it makes Squidbillies' animation look smooth. The characters are just boring and offer no humor at all in the show, it sounds like they are stoned and drunk while trying to be humorous but fails. As for the premise, there is none, there is no story, no plot, nothing, even Squidbillies had a premise, even though it was stupid it did have one. The plots are all over the place and have plot points throughout each episode that are forgotten or never resolved. I am certainly glad this show got canceled in a year and I am glad it is never shown again. It ranks right up there with Squidbillies, it has no premise, no story, no character, just absolute pain and suffering for 15 minutes. Some people say it has depth but I see more depth in a kiddie pool than this show. For the love of God, do not watch, look at, think about, or even do a quick glance at 12 oz. Mouse, stay far away from this ugly excuse of a show.
  • Wow,Adult Swim has really lowered his standards

Omg this is far the worst animated show ive ever seen!I wouldnt even call that animation.It makes mr. Meaty look beautifull.I hate everything about this show.The characters are weird,too weird for their own good.The episodes are just plain stupid and too random.The humor is stupid,i mean,they laugh at their own jokes like stoners,how pathetic.And the fans are talking about some deph this show has.I dont see no freaking deph,i only see bulls*it!Thank god it ended!Oh,more words.Ok.This show sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks
  • I love it more than usual now.

A green alcoholic mouse gets hired by a Shark and goes around doing odd jobs. I personally like this show at some points, mostly I watch this show because of the Peanut Cop, he's hilarious. A lot of people don't like this show due to the crappy drawn characters or the background isn't colored, but I don't care about animation, I only care about the humor of the show. I seen most of the episodes except for the few last episodes of the series. This show is pretty great and is very underrated in some ways. Hopefully, Adult Swim is re-running a few episodes nowadays, but at a very horrible timeslot. (4 AM) Final Grade: A
  • just read my review!

I like this show but I understand why some people wouldn't. This show is like Chowder except the jokes are harder to understand. People also criticize the animation because it looks like a two year old drew it but the animation suits a bizarre show about a mouse and his friend Skillet (a squirrel) going around doing random stuff. Good writing!

My favorite episodes are "Spider" and "Star Wars VII.

The plots of these episodes are below.

Spider
    A big spider appears in Fitz's house(the spider will become a character) Skillet escapes the new guy and rejoins Fitz

Star Wars VII
    Fitz and Skillet find a haunted cold phone that speaks to them about nerd stuff. Meanwhile Shark's car won't start.
  • Looks as though it was drawn by a 3 year old stuck in a room and forced to do animation

0.0
    Overall, this has to be one of the worst shows I've ever seen on the nightly program known as [adult swim]. It has the absolute worst graphics I've ever seen on ANY cartoon (or whatever the heck this is) show. Please do us all a favor and cancel this piece of crap.
  • Two words: Terrible animation!!

0.0
    Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!! Oh my gosh!!! What kind of mental retard would actually make a show with 3 year old style animation!! Holy flaming crap cakes!!!!! The background doesn't even have color! I've seen some pretty bad animation before like HiHi Puffy Ami Yumi(which I extremely hate), The X's, and Sqidbillies but this is just plain sickening! Crappy animation indeed and the brief pauses in this cartoon and strange quirks aren't the least bit funny. The characters are also annoying such as that freaky mouse thing that makes weird noises...Please, save your soul and don't watch this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This show made me want to fart on my own head, set myself on fire, and throw myself off a bridge.

0.0
    Honestly. I mean, five-year-olds draw better than this, and the plot was utterly incomprehensible. I've seen funnier things drop out of my butt. I should pop one in an envelope and mail it to Williams Street--perhaps they'd air it. I thought upon seeing the title "12-Oz. Mouse" that it was a new Tom and Jerry cartoon a la John K's "Boo-Boo Goes Wild". I was sorely disappointed. If this is what passes for entertainment these days, I say the only thing keeping me from inking a deal to get my cartoons on the air is the conservative blacklist. Bite me, A.S.
  • What can I say? It's exactly the best. No one knows WHY it's a daily fix after the cancelation. Read more.

It's good. Why? Because it's by the creator of the Aqua Teens. How can people hate ATHF so much?

Anyhows... "12 oz. Mouse" is a show that's 12 ft. tall or something. He goes with the squirrel, Skillet and works with Shark.

There are some cool (just like video games) fun facts to the awesome. Crap, we got more to that. In that case, it was seen as a clip from Space Ghost's TV as a cameo from the movie, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters," right? And Skillet is seen as a toilet paper in "Perfect Hair Forever."

And what reeks the awesomeness and kills the show for the cancelation were 2 episodes. 1 is for episode 11 ("Star Wars VII") and episode 13 ("Auraphull").

Just sad. Overall, not the smart move, [as]. But, we're talking about the popularity on this program block on Cartoon Network. Because of SGC2C and ATHF. Number 1 in the hood, G. Right?

I'll say one thing. Not bad, but it needs a daily fix and a need to say this, "12 OZ. MOUSE FOREVER!"
  • about a mouse how runs around gets drunk and shoots people in a rock car taxie

Not completly terrible leaps and bounds ahead of tom goes to mayor and tim and erik awsome show at least this is somewhat entertaining and the guy that made it worked on aqua teen hunger force and I love that show but 12oz mouse is just a swim and miss I am not a fan of the animations to crude even to be remotly funny there are some funny parts and humorus dialouge but the show sill kinda suck in a way Im glad they didnt greenlight more episodes or play it anymore they need to make room for show like ATHF
  • Completely underrated!

This show is amazing. I know this may sound "superficial" and "stubborn," but I honesty believe anyone who doesn't at least appreciate the show in some sense is an absolute idiot. I can understand someone not liking this show because it's not their bag, but I'm tired of people simply stating that they don't "get it" or that it sucks without justification. It's infuriating! This show is refreshing! I honestly hope that this show doesn't get canceled and is renewed. It's a very funny, subtle, random, and intriguing show. And that's enough of this poorly written review; I've reached the 100 word minimun.
  • Get ready for 15 minutes of pure insanity!

This show is supposed to have crude animation and it isn't supposed to make that much sence. And that is what makes it the fun little show it is. Mouse Fitzgerald binge drinking... his friend Skillet who is just a piece of clip art... the cop who is a Marajuana-smoking peanut thing... that lady who can never stop saying "Sir, do not park your car here. Sir, you cannot park your car here..." The insanity and randomness is why I watch it sometimes. While it is not the best cartoon out there, it is probably the weirdest. Give it a chance!
  • Stop flaming this show. Its really a good show with a good plotline.

Serially, I'm super duper serial. Stop flaming this show. A lot of you (about 90% of you) hate this show just because of the animation. Well, the animation is carppy so it can focus on the plotline. What's that you say? No plotline? Well, you are very wrong. People don't realize the plotline because they pay too much attention to the animation. Well, if you payed attention very very very closely, and watched all the episodes, you would discover a plot. What's that plot? I'm leaving that to you.
  • A saga of action.

The entire series takes a while to understand due to its "incoherent" dialogue, but once you understand the plotline, you'll fall in love with it. Mouse is a lovable character who goes on crazy and out of the ordinary adventures in the series with his partner Skillet. The animation does seem a tad tacky but the style sort of gives a feel to it's theme and character.
  • A great show with a mysterious storyline under its randomly hilarious skin.

This show, at first look, is funny. It's random, and to some, it may seem stupid. But if it brings you back with its funny jokes and crude drawings, you will see something else that the show brings to the table. And that is a mysterious storyline that grabs you and won't let you go. You will be thinking about the stuff that happens in this show all day, and then, maybe you will be able to find a connection between the events and characters. Basically, if you watch more than one episode, you're hooked. It's too bad the episodes are only 15 minutes long.
  • Weird and Brilliant

this is a great show - refreshing and innovative. its randomness is only punctuated by the subtleness of its humor. oh, and since i'm not a high enough level to send anybody this info, under Cast Information you kids mislabeled the voice of the eyeball - he is voiced by NICK INGKATANUWAT (a previous adult swim employee of the moment: http://www.adultswim.com/williams/eotm/nick_i.html ).
  • This show is even worse than SquidBillies!

2.5
    The show's plot is uninteresting. It's just a mouse that has a job as a Jet Taxi driver and gets into all sorts of trouble. Boring. The jokes don't even make me smile. The animation is disgusting, it looks like a 3-year old drew it.
    I don't like this show, but that's my opinion. I'll say one thing positive about it: The theme song is great! That saves it from a 0.
    Overall, bad plots, jokes, animation, and characters, but a good theme song.
    2.5/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • There is something to it, if you can get past the animation.

First of all, the animation is crap and obviously a lot of people are going to be turned off of the show because of that. It’s just not for everybody. But for those who enjoy the animation, or at least can put up with it, the show has a lot to offer.

What does this show do that makes it so special? It allows a mystery/psychological thriller to be absurd and funny. On the one hand, you have Home Movies-style just-some-guys-talking dialogue, and on the other hand, these random-seeming bits of dialogue and weird events actually have some greater significance. This at the same time enhances the mystery, because anything that has significance can be passed of as randomness. Something can be a joke that works perfectly well on its own, and at the same time have some connection to the "big picture".

Of course, it's also possible that this is just a practical joke of sorts, since it's easy to give the impression of some greater meaning when the writers can pretty much do whatever they want at any given time. But even so it's fun to make up theories as to what's going on.

And what is the "big picture" in this show? I don't want to give anything away (be it real or imagined), but one major theme is controlling people through confusion, memory alteration and other sorts of mental manipulation. This works very well with the prevalence of drug references in the show, providing two sides for the comedy/mystery dichotomy. also, the characters seem to be conscious of the absurdity of the world they inhabit, a fact which is sometimes accepted unthinkingly, sometimes questioned, and sometimes just pointed in a sort of "hey, things are weird" fashion.

In a way, this show does what Shakespeare did: it appeals to the intellect, and it's good for a cheap laugh.
  • ????

4.7
    The only "Good" shows on Adult Swim are Family Guy, Futurama, Robot Chicken, and ATHF, but 12 Oz. mouse is nothing but a joke. Yes the animation looks bad, but I ask myself, "Did they do this to be funny?" I love creepy looking rats, but it seems like he isn't as funny as I thought it would be.

The plot overall is lame and the voices sound very dull. I don't hear any voice that is exciting or cheery either.

Avoid this at all costs and it is definately not worth staying up till midnight to watch this junk.

Long live Family Guy!
  • sucks.

let\'s see... I have to make this one hundred words, otherwise this review won\'t show. I mean, it really doesn\'t need a lot to say that this show sucks. The animation is horrible, and the people who voice everything is in monotone. I don\'t know how this, Squidbillies, and Perfect Hair Forever ever made the Adult Swim block. It appears like the network was justing fulfilling their contract obligations to the creaters of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Brak Show, etc, etc. Turns out that the shows all became a big pile of crap that we see now. There is no love in this show.

In a word: It Sucks.
  • Strange

2.5
    For trying something different, this show should get a 10. But, there's a lot of other factors that go into this. For instance, it is poorly executed. A good concept of poor drawing and awkward dialogue comedy, but it falls flat on its badly drawn face. Nice try Williams Street.
  • don't trust the [as] action crowd!

Yes, the animation is that of a retarded child set loose on ms paint, yes the dialog is unscripted heavy drunk banter, but this show is one of the greats! Remember when TGTTM first came out and everyone hated it. Then Tenacious D showed up and now they love it. Make your own decision, this is for accuired tastes, watch and decide.
  • Terribly irrelevant dialogue coupled with needlessly awkward silences and terrible animation give this show few rewarding qualities.

Not only is it full of long terrbily unfunny awkward siliences, needlessly drawn out fight scenes and dialoge that is TOO irrelevant, the animation is also the worst I've ever seen. I would have been fine with the awful artwork if it was funny, but it's not so it really has little to offer in anything.
  • People just hate it because of its animation. Try to give it a chance. Aren't we told that we don't have to judge something by its looks? Actually, this is one of the smartest shows on AS!

Okay, people just hate it because the animation and because they say there's no plot. Actually there's a plot. You have to watch the episodes in order to get it. The plot requires you think. All the randomness in the first episodes begins to make sense in the latter one and the plot begins to develop. The plot is actually about the Mouse, his mysterious past, and a conspiration plotting to destroy him.

Give it a chance and don't judge it by its looks. It can actually make you laugh. Just be sure to watch the episodes in order.
  • C'mon, [adult swim]. You didn't even try with this one.

I know the folks at [adult swim] don't have much of a budget to do their shows, but they didn't do too bad with "Tom Goes to the Mayor", or "Squidbillies". The animation isn't that great on those shows, but at least the dialogue is funny.

12oz. Mouse looks and sounds like a few guys in a recording booth doing voice overs after smoking tons of weed and then they got one of their kids to draw pictures and animate it. Am I supposed to find that entertaining? I hope not... cuz I don't. They might fool a few people into thinking it's genius, but most of us ain't buying it.
  • def is amazing

Definitely one of the funniest shows ever. Before I realized it actually had some plot, I thought it was funnier, now it\\\'s even funnier. Every week the show just gets more original, and now I want to find out what the \\\"meat wars\\\" were, why Fitz and Skillet were in space, how Liquor has bulletproof skin, and probably the most important, what the heck the show is actually about. I\\\'m sure that the creators will not dissapoint us as these are the final 6 episodes coming up. I can only foresee the show getting funnier, I just don\\\'t know what they\\\'ll do when it isn\\\'t on anymore.
  • This show is soooooo funny, but nobody I know have ever seen it...

This has got to be the most entertaining show on TV, with its stupid and storyline. Although it didn't last long, mouse had it's moments, whether it be getting drunk, or rocking out, or doing the exact opposite of what shark tells him to do. There is not any show like it. Watching it is the best way to waste your time watching TV. jk, TV is great. For any of you that haven't seen 12 oz. mouse, you're missin' out. It is hilariously random, and it doesn't make sense, and it is very entertaining. One of the many great shows on the Adult Swim.
  • I love bizarre and simplistic animation... but this...

Dios mio..........que poronga!...es lo unico que se me ocurre. Hoy estaba viendo Adult Swim y me mate de risa con "Los Oblongs" ese si es un buen show, entonces sabia que hoy estaba "Raton Esponja" y me puse contento porque al fin iba a ver que tal era... y me dejo pasmado por lo trucho, mediocre, carente, sin sentido (pero en el peor sentido) que fue... yo amo los shows bizarros, y me gusta la animacion simplista...pero me parece que los creadores de esta pila de mierda abusaron de concepto de manera vomitiva y crearon esta abominación que es lo mas choto jamas visto. Adult Swim es un buen bloque de animacion para adolescentes y adultos, pero este es lejos el show que menos recomiendo. Parece que lo hicieron con el presupuesto que sacaron de la alcancia de un pendejo de 8 años.

no en serio, muy malo

VERY F***ING bad!
  • Drunken randomness.

3.1
    Another show that caters to the drunken audience of fools. This show may be able to preoccupy the most forlorn withdrawn, antisocialperson. I have to say this is by far the worst animation I have ever seen being broadcasted.
    Its an insult to artists and true animators. Just like a Hangover from yesterday you wont be able to remmber anything that happened or make sense of such randomosity.
    More importantly you wont want to remember. The production level seems so low quality that you would think a 5 year old slapped it together, that is if it werent for all the relentless violence and drinking. Hopefully this show will fade away. We can only be so lucky.
< 1 2