13 Fear Is Real Forums

The CW (ended 2009)

Thoughts on finale?

  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [1]Feb 20, 2009
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I thought it was pretty good. The running in the campground got kinda tiring though, I felt like I was watching The Blair Witch Project but other than that. Im a little surprised that Nassar got ahead of Erica. I didnt know what they had to do for their last thing, so I thought if it was a "try to do this as quick as possible" then Erica would win (like the straightjacket thing) where as if it took more brain power and trying to find stuff itd be more Ted's game. So I thought itd be down between Erica and Ted which wouldve been more suspensful. I figured we wouldnt get to see the mastermind, that would ruin everything, I figured when Ted took off the mask some scary looking dummy would be sitting there. The ending was outrageous though with the blowing up the shack, I wasnt expecting that at all!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amaryllis88

    amaryllis88

    [2]Feb 20, 2009
    • member since: 10/01/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,516
    It was an interesting season, definitely living up to the "fear" aspect of things, what's scarier than being in the woods, at night, scurrying around trying to find a box. All three of them looked like zombies roaming the woods, the way the camera panned on them, and the lighting, just made it look really eerie. I'm glad Nasser got rid of Erika, she was a pain in my side!

    The way this last challenge was set up, it seemed pretty easy compared to all the other things they've faced, a lot simpler than being caged up in the slaughterhouse, or being buried alive, or waiting until you're inches from a pendulum about to slice you, or the car compactors. Those were definite scary things, but of course you have the mind playing tricks on you, and usually that can be the scariest of them all.

    I would've loved to have found out more behind-the-scenes on the episodes, meeting the minions, putting a face to the Mastermind, but I'm guessing of the way they ended it, that it may come back next season, since we didn't really find out anything at all. I'd love a reunion kind of episode, where they all talk about their experience, and what it was like being "killed."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kikimarie593

    kikimarie593

    [3]Feb 20, 2009
    • member since: 07/30/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 8,540

    I thought the ending challenge would have been a little more exciting then just running around the woods looking for things. And I don't get the thing with the voo doo dolls. What was the point of that? They made them and then nothing. I kind of thought the dolls would have something to do with their challenge.

    I was so excited that I thought we were finally going to see the mastermind and then we didn't get to. I kind of figured we wouldn't, that way if there's anymore seasons we won't know what he looks like. I also expected something like the explosion to happen. I was thinking since near the beginning of the episode it would be cool if the winner got killed off, too. I didn't think he would be able to escape, though. Anyway, I'm glad Ted won.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [4]Feb 21, 2009
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    The way this last challenge was set up, it seemed pretty easy compared to all the other things they've faced, a lot simpler than being caged up in the slaughterhouse, or being buried alive, or waiting until you're inches from a pendulum about to slice you, or the car compactors.... I'd love a reunion kind of episode, where they all talk about their experience


    Yeah, I agree with that too. Im like blind when it comes to finding stuff in the dark, in the woods no less, but I guess Id rather have that than the pendelum/fire/car compactor stuff. I also agree about the reunion- I would LOVE that!

    On another note- the winner did win $666,666 right and not $66,666? I thought it was the first option but in the finale they made it seem like the 2nd.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amaryllis88

    amaryllis88

    [5]Feb 21, 2009
    • member since: 10/01/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,516
    stellarchick86 wrote:

    On another note- the winner did win $666,666 right and not $66,666? I thought it was the first option but in the finale they made it seem like the 2nd.

    I'm pretty sure it was just the $66,666 that Ted won, it's also mentioned in the show summary as well. Either way, they're both pretty huge amounts of money, I'd be happy with the 66 thousand.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [6]Feb 21, 2009
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    amaryllis88 wrote:

    I'm pretty sure it was just the $66,666 that Ted won, it's also mentioned in the show summary as well. Either way, they're both pretty huge amounts of money, I'd be happy with the 66 thousand.


    Oh, ok, oops I didnt read the summary haha. I was just going by the show and probably wasnt paying much attention. $66thou is a lot but Idk maybe Im spoiled by other tv shows where you dont have to do as much as you win 2x the amount but *shrugs*. Im such a city girl, not only could I probably not do the scary stuff but the showers/sleeping accomodations/meals and that type of stuff would have to be something Id consider too. Thats why I hate camping haha. I could never be on a show like 'Survivor' and this show is kinda like that, but with added scary stuff instead of harder physical stuff, and for not as long (and they dont have to fend for their meals I dont think). But its sort of the same premise though..if that makes sense lol. But thanks for the answer too! =)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amaryllis88

    amaryllis88

    [7]Feb 22, 2009
    • member since: 10/01/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,516
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Im such a city girl, not only could I probably not do the scary stuff but the showers/sleeping accomodations/meals and that type of stuff would have to be something Id consider too. Thats why I hate camping haha. I could never be on a show like 'Survivor' and this show is kinda like that, but with added scary stuff instead of harder physical stuff, and for not as long (and they dont have to fend for their meals I dont think). But its sort of the same premise though..if that makes sense lol. But thanks for the answer too! =)

    I can't imagine myself doing the kinds of stuff that they had to do...one of my biggest fears is SNAKES. So, basically, a lot of the challenges they faced, whether it was in the boats, or reaching into a barrel, there were tons of snakes everywhere. *full body shiver*

    Then, having those crocs in the water, espying on you every time you go near the edge of the water, I ain't no crocodile hunter, so that's a no way for me. I haven't ever been camping, and I am somewhat intrigued by it, and would like to experience a tamer form of camping, not the "let's survive in the forest" thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [8]Feb 22, 2009
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    amaryllis88 wrote:

    I can't imagine myself doing the kinds of stuff that they had to do...one of my biggest fears is SNAKES. So, basically, a lot of the challenges they faced, whether it was in the boats, or reaching into a barrel, there were tons of snakes everywhere. *full body shiver*

    Then, having those crocs in the water, espying on you every time you go near the edge of the water, I ain't no crocodile hunter, so that's a no way for me. I haven't ever been camping, and I am somewhat intrigued by it, and would like to experience a tamer form of camping, not the "let's survive in the forest" thing


    Haha. I dont like snakes too, and I live in AZ so its scary. But since I do live where they are most populated I try not to think about it much because otherwise Id be freaked out all the time lol. If I just moved here than Id be scared but I lived here all my life, never had one in my house or anywhere super close to me so its just not something thats on my mind on the average day. I have seen them in person but more like way out in the desert type thing. But if I had to reach in a barrell with them in it Id freak out. My main thing is anything that can crawl on me, that sensation just freaks me out. Thats why I couldve never done 'Fear Factor' because they always had to sit in a tub of cockroaches or scorpions (thankfully never had one of those in my house either and quite frankly they freak me out more than snakes because they are harder to find) or something ridiculous! lol So I dont like any sort of bug or..well anything really lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.