13 Fear Is Real Forums

The CW (ended 2009)

Why this is not "real"

Codeguru

[1]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 6

Like all "reality television", this is scripted. No one would ever create a show based on the asumption that all the cast members would sign a release to allow it to be shown on television after they have been completely misinformed and terrorised. If they got them to sign a contract to allow them to use their footage no matter what it was, they would know the show is fake, and there would be no basis for "real fear". If they had them sign a contract that misinformed them about what the show was, that would be a complete defraud of the entire contract. There is no way any part of this show is real, it's very title is an impossibility. Stop watching crap, and they will stop making crap...

Codeguru

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

2BPowerRanger

[2]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 9
    well excuse me!

goodridd

[3]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 17
    Who cares if reality TV is real? As long as it is entertaining then I'll watch. I'm not saying this show is entertaining, because I haven't seen it yet, but I'll give it a whirl.

buildam2005

[4]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 14

That's not entirely true. Several years ago when a show called "Average Joes" or something to that effect aired in which an attractive woman did a Bachelorette-type show but with nerdy/"unattractive" guys, the men on the show were deceived by ambiguous wording in their contracts regarding what they were doing. Trust me, with contracts for reality shows, producers often have a lot more leeway with what they can and cannot do than one would expect.

stellarchick86

[5]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 32
    I figured that this show was scripted because of all the fears they have to face. What happens if someone has a heart attack or is like this show is scarier than I thought, etc then they could go back and sue the show. I mean, isnt that why they have stunt people for movies? People who know what they are doing? Im sort of going along the same lines. Either way, I enjoy the show though. I like how its different than other reality shows, Ive never thought to do one with fears before but so dark (darker than Fear Factor).

fabboyjamesah

[6]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 1
    i agree thank u for understanding that this stuff is crap

fabboyjamesah

[7]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 1
    so what u are saying is jack ass isnt real now what