13 Fear Is Real

The CW (ended 2009)

13 Fear Is Real Fan Reviews (2)

6.6
  • 13 possibly needs a few weeks to find it's feet. While not mind blowing entertainment, it's interesting enough to at least give it a chance to say how it pans (or bombs) out.

I'm not going to bury 13 just yet because I still don't think we've seen enough of it yet to make a final decision. To summarise the show, it's basically a load of people in the woods doing various challenges. At the end of the show 2 or more people take part in the "execution ritual" the loser of course being "executed". There is also a side plot involving the death box, the signifigance of which has yet to be revealed. It's sort of a mixture of SAW & Blair Witch in a survivor game show type setting. The show needs a little bit of work to liven it up, because while at present, it may hold my interest for another few weeks, I will start to get bored if nothing progresses. It's main problem is the challenges. There is just nothing gritty enough, running around a dark forest looking for a partner, finding them and making your way back out again, is just not what I'd call a challenge. I think the trouble with this show is, they want us to believe that everyone is is grave danger, but it doesn't try very hard to actually make us believe it. In fact it's just the opposite, I found myself saying "Yeah!! like they are ever going to let their contestants get eaten by alligators". Sadly I don't think the show will take off simply because of the fact we know they are not in any real danger and no amount of screaming, (much of which looks like it has been edited in afterwards) will convince us otherwise.