16 and Pregnant

Tuesday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television Premiered Jun 11, 2009 Between Seasons

pinkman

16 and Pregnant Fan Reviews (6)

5.5
  • MTV, what have you done?

Ok, I'm 17 so I didn't grow up with the original Music Television but I had music videos in the morning, TRL, and respectable award shows on MTV. Even with it slowly moving into reality shows starting with their hit The Real World and then branching out to Laguna Beach, the channel maintained it's dignity. Slowly we got LC to grow up/move to the Hills and drunker messes on the Real World. With MTV's recent logo change where they accept the fact they no longer play almost any music comes more and more TV shows nobody asked for. 16 & Pregnant is one of those shows I refuse to watch unless I am home sick from school or there is legitimately nothing else on TV. I would also like to hope this show has brought the issue of teen pregnancy to a level of awareness that shows like The Secret Life of the American Teenager hasn't achieved (even with their stupid PSAs at the end of every episode). This show has highlighted not only the miracle that is childbirth and the happiness it can bring a mother but also highlights the fact that having a child at such a young age puts your life on hold. It follows these girls through their difficult times with boys, family, friends, school, and everything else. I would like to think this show has maybe persuaded some girls that having a child isn't as glamourous as they think, but with another season coming soon I fear I might be wrong.