1600 Penn

Marry Me, Baby

Aired Thursday 9:30 PM Mar 28, 2013 on NBC

• Great Season-Ending!

This was a great ending to the season! I loved how the little comment Dale made about weddings got blown up into a big thing, which is what this show was about from the beggining! Then, there was the part with the birth. I liked Becca and Emily's conversation. The running through the traffic was hilarious. I also loved the line "Of course I knew; I'm the president!" And then the episode ended with a big surprise. One I was not expecting at all. But, it didn't totally make zero sense. This was a great ending to the season!
  • Excellent conclusion to a mediocre season

1600 Penn did not start out as a great show. It relied too much on cringe-humor, and there's only so much of that I can take, and I already get my maximum dose from The Office / Modern Family. But... it had its moments.

As the season progressed, the show improved, and towards the end they really hit their stride. The cliffhanger finale was _especially_ well-written and executed. The running jokes and subtle nods really came together. THIS was the show I wanted from the beginning.

I don't know if it will be picked up for another season, but I hope so. Most great shows stumble their first year. And from the final few episodes, this could definitely be a great show.