19 Kids and Counting Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on TLCIn Season

Anyone else not intrigued?

soccermom

[1]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 11

As I stated in my review, I used to be very interested in this family. Their occasional 'specials' had a lot more bang than this weekly series. Now I am just plain not interested. The family life style concept is just becoming a bit overdone. On the plus side, it' been a lot of fun to see individual personalities. Jinger learning to drive was delightful but coupled with the totally wierd way the eldest son and his fiancee kept clutching both hands was kind of creepy. And also trooping the entire family out for the ultrasound 'event'?? I know it's exciting but it would have been alot more effective had something like that been shared with just Jim Bob and Michelle. We know you love your big family guys....or else you wouldn't keep having more....but honestly, leave the bus at home once in a while. The reason the Roloffs and the Gosselins work is that we get a peek at 'coparenting'....not herd management.

Edited on 11/11/2008 3:02am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OTH_TW_lover

[2]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    I think its a family tradition to go the ultra sound. We saw that happen in one of the specials for baby #15 (? I cant keep track). Im kind of enjoying the weekly specials. Its interesting to see the differences between the three families (Roloffs, Gosselins, Duggars).

speedracertng

[3]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 12
    for me it's like,
    "ok, do i want to watch the duggars or not?" the answer is usualy no.

eachteachone

[4]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 1
    These parents are so unconscious it's not funny! Do they have any conception of the global impact of 18 children (and that is only one generation) living in a western country on the resources of the planet? I am disgusted by the lack of spiritual awareness of the fragility of the planet, and our role in preserving the planet for all of our children's future. What arrogance to keep breeding...and all in the name of (and permission from) "the Lord". Anyone who participates in giving these people money should rethink their beneficence. There are many more deserving children around our planet. Perhaps consider donating to educational programs for women around the world...studies have consistently shown that the more education a woman has, the fewer children she conceives. Just my opinion.

pink2006

[5]Sep 1, 2009
    • level: 21
    i think this family is just plain retarded. i just read the article about the newest pregnancy, so now it's going to be 19... DISGUSTING. just imagine that woman's stomach, it must be the flappiest thing in the world, and i don't even want to mention how her down there must be. she's pretty much spent like half off her life pregnant, she needs to get a life! it's obvious that the couple is a complete failure and the only way to feel satisfaction and like they've done something in this world is overcrowd it with a bunch of children.

miss_wierd

[6]Sep 2, 2009
    • level: 13
    Well I am not going to judge them. They are going to have 19 children and if they can do it then great. Some people want 2 children. Some people want 8 children. And this couple wants 19. Congratulations to them!

sandbur

[7]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 25
    I don't understand the attraction to watching, in a serial fashion, anyone raise their family; be it 2.5 kids or 18. None of these shows belong on TV, as a series at any rate, and most of them are exploitation at its worst. These people however, make me sick. I can't explain it; I am just utterly turned off!

anacletoagent

[8]Apr 15, 2014
    • level: 1

I don't know what they want, I'll tell you what they don't want: use condoms or get a vasectomy. In the times that we live in, there are still people that live like they're in a medieval world. Next thing you know they'll try to marry one of her daughters to Joffrey Baratheon.