2 Broke Girls

And the Break-up Scene

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Sep 26, 2011 on CBS

7.6
  • And the Break-Up Scene

The Good:

-"...That's the exact same sentence that got me hooked on cocaine..."

-"You can't tell an Asian he made a mistake; he'll go in the back and throw himself on a sword."

-"What are you, the relationship ghost?"

The Bad:

-Beth Behrs' drunk acting is even worse than her actual acting. She's just not talented.

-Max has tons of jewelry on and wears a lot of makeup. Even costume jewelry is expensive.
  • A teeny bit better than the first..

There's lots of chemistry between the two female leads which makes their scenes together easy on the eyes and fun to watch. I also like how Caroline is always trying to "fix" Max's life. It feels as if the one thing they needed in their lives was each other. Polar opposites in the same race.

Regardless of the chemistry, which I credit the actresses for, this show is still not funny. The writers trying to be agressive and getting horse poop and masturbation jokes involved isn't helping either. This show with it's brilliant leads, and "cute" premise could turn into something critical acclaim worthy, but the writers need to put alot more effort in.
  • Really not good enough

Wow, I love Kat Dennings but this show is dire. Entirely devoid of humour, lame canned laughter for unfunny one-liners and a miserably tasteless sight gag involving a woman covered in horse dung ("Look, it's Chanel No. 2"). Really? Cleverly-written shows such as Arrested Development, Studio 60 and Firefly get cancelled due to poor ratings and tripe like this gets commissioned? American audiences never cease to amaze me.