2 Broke Girls Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Thisn show went downhill really fast ...

Edie70

[1]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 19

Seriously. After witnessing the last 5 or 6 episodes I simply have to say - hire a new team of writers, ASAP!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kcs_niagara_usa

[2]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 8

following tonight's episode ...

" and the broken hip" was theee worst episode to date...

fanboy34

[3]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 11

:
    show went downhill really fast ...

I think most of the original charm was in the two leads and their bizarre Laverne & Shirley chemistry because the concept of the show was never aiming very high on the novelty board. Now in the current season, they've dragged in a few more sitcom standbys like using Sophie as their Fonzie in a red satin dress and piping in the canned laughter at everything she says, plus Han Lee has become a sad stereotype in a way Pat Morita's Arnold never did. All they need now is for Sophie to hop on a motorbike and do a little wheelie over a goldfish bowl to make their point about how much contempt the writers have for the viewing audience.

I tuned into the debut not expecting to like the show and found the girls' friendship kind of nice but now it's like the writers never expected it to last this long and haven't any idea what to do with this situation comedy they had sketched out on a paper napkin. Therein lies the weakness of so much American TV comedy - clever little ideas that should never be expected to last beyond 7 to 10 episodes are stretched out with weak filler episodes to try and last for long enough to reach syndication. Typical British comedy ideas are allowed to be just six or so episodes and only return if there's an overwhelming flood of support to continue.

If 2 Broke Girls had done just ten strong debut episodes and they came back to wrap up with another eight or ten it might have been a sharp little bit of TV history. Now it's just becoming an embarrassment.

chris17blue

[4]Feb 22, 2013
    • level: 10

I actually like the psychic episode, but the plane/broken hip episodes were so awful. I think Max made the same joke about the puppet guy being a serial killer at least 10 times and it wasn't funny once. Sophie is great but she hasn't been given a good material to work with as of late. And what happened to Andy? He just dissapeared one episode....Undecided

I'm hoping it's just temporary, and the show improves..I think Season 1 was better though.

kcs_niagara_usa

[5]Feb 23, 2013
    It appears the show is FUNNY but the overwhelming sexual overtone while it may get a shocking OMG smile,
    is way over used. for every "clean" laughable moment there
    are at least 2 moments of blue humor...
    one hits/ Okay " II get it" ( and the follow up pun,
    how often ba dum believe me,
    that just happened as I was typing...
    and I thought of a few more corny puns but spared you..
    BUT this show doesnt, it goes for joke two and three and it is insulting to the audience..

insulting to the audience . . .doesnt make the for good tv

OdumC

[6]Feb 25, 2013
    Yeah they're trying way too hard.. the show had promise even though they used the obvious dirty jokes way too much, I'm not offended by blue humor by any stretch of the imagination but you can only chuckle at so many "I'm coming" jokes before it's just a yawn.

then I guess someone did the math and figured at the rate they were earning it'd be season 34 before they got enough to open a shop so they pretty much gave them one, now that's failed and where do they go from here? would it still be a dream to open a cupcake shop considering they did once and it failed miserably?

Then there's the math.. Caroline figures they'd need 250k to open a shop yet they do it for 30k? that's not saying a lot for Wharton Business School if her margin of error is that high.

From the weak writing to the total inconsistency of the plot this show is losing me fast. I honestly don't think I found anything funny in the cupcake shop, their best moments were in the diner.

Romano338

[7]Feb 27, 2013

First, the first thing was these 2 girls trying to earn money to reach their dream. But it didn't went long, and now, the money thing is just useless. Why showing us at the end how many they have? The episodes aren't based on that at all anymore.

Some stories in the last episodes are clearly less good than it used to be. Some jokes are a bit too much too, like the "coming" or other sex-related. Some are funny, but it's sometimes too much.
    Max goes right into the sexual answers, way too easy.
    I noticed that the episodes always starts with a huge sex-related joke/pun. Sometimes, it's just too easy.
    Just look at the last episode. The very first dialogue: "Max, look, the mailman came." Where am I looking, your chest, yo hair?"

It's not deep enough. I mean, I don't want a truly deep thing, but here, it's just too superficial.

I keep watching it though.

Edited on 02/27/2013 4:37am
    Edited 5 total times.

MajLorne

[8]Apr 2, 2013
    • level: 21

The show isn't as great as the first season. If it stays like this up to the finale, then I'm not gonna bother for season 3 (assuming it was renewed). Jokes are overused, etc. I am getting tired of the Sophie character too. Oleg was funnier when he was just hitting on the girls. If they need another woman, then why not bring back that 'big boobs' intern to work at the diner? At least give us another eye candy if the jokes are gonna be stale.

Edited on 04/02/2013 9:05am