2 Stupid Dogs

TBS (ended 1995)

mrdivot

2 Stupid Dogs Fan Reviews (39)

• This show was one of the only shows i hated on CN in 2001.

0.5
    This shows got no effort what so ever.It's plot sucks and this dragonball and daragonball z were the only 3 shows that i hated on CN in 2001 everything else was good.This show should of never made it to CN to begin with and i can't say anything more but you know this show sucks.
  • Sometimes funny.

This show had some funny episodes that I couldn't stop laughing it made my stomache hurt. But then there was some boring episodes that I just had to change the channel or keep watching hoping it would get better but never did. It had a stupid humor to it, kinda like Ren and Stimpy but more clean for kids to watch. It was a lot better then some of the cartoons there are today but it wan't one of the best to watch. If you asked me if you should watch it or not I would tell you you should give it a try and it might be the best cartoon you ever seen or maybe not but still give it a try.
  • A meh show to put it lightly

I don't think is a bad show, but I admit other than a few things about it, it wasn't that good. The 2 stupid dogs were... ok. Most of the side characters were either forgettable or cliched. And top it off, the Secret Squirrel episodes were pretty underwhelming to put it lightly.

Now, don't get me wrong. I did love some aspects about it. For example, Mr. H, or Hollywood to be more accurate was freakin hilarious. Seriously, how could you not love this guy? He was just so over the top with his, "BUT IT'S WRONG!" yells, and I loved pretty much every bit of em. What made him even more entertaining is his behavior never went too far. Usually, when he yelled at someone, it was justified.

That and he never got away with anything either, which was a nice counter balancer for a guy who constantly told people they were wrong at the top of his lungs.

I also liked the Secret Squirrel character Penny. Maybe I'm a sucker for a pretty and cute female, but I just really liked her. She seemed gentle, yet completely able to take care of herself. She was smart, yet never obnoxious about it.

Honestly, I would have rather the show had Penny be Secret Squirrel' partner rather than Morocco. That guy was just annoying.

So yea, to sum it up, this show is really a 5 out of 10, but because Mr. Hollywood and Penny left a nice impression on me, I thought it was due a little more.

• Nothing!

Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Delted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, This review has been deleted! Delted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Delted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, This review has been deleted by Cartoon King. Deleted, deleted, deleted, deleted, Delted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted. All of this review has been deleted. Delted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Delted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Delted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Delted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Delted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted, Deleted! This has been deleted, This has been deleted, This has been deleted, This has been deleted, This has been deleted, This has been deleted, This has been deleted.
  • This show is pretty funny.

This show, Cartoon Network's answer to Nickelodeon’s 'Ren & Stimpy', was a good show, but was somewhat inconsistent and lacked the ingredients to be great. You might see it one day and piss in your pants and the next time just let out a few laughs throughout the entire episode. The show could have been great, but it was lacking something. What that something is-I'm not sure. Could it be a third character? Maybe. Could it be that they shouldn't have made Secret Squirrel, so that they could focus their attention 100% on 2 Stupid Dogs? Maybe. Whatever it was, I don't know. I recommend you watch this show, but I can't guarantee you'll like it.
  • It's a good show, only it could use some work.

The show reminds me of this new show that I think is named Catscratch. It does have some creativity, but I never really liked secrat squirrel so I'm not a verry big fan of the show. I like the charactors and their thoughts. Like their stupid ideas that get them into deep shit. It really is a funny show, but it's not a real creative show.
  • when cartoons were dying fast 2 stupid dogs saved it, kind of.

2 stupid dogs is one of the greatest cartoons of the 90's. It's unbelievably underappreciated. 2 stupid dogs teaming up with Secret Squirrel and Morocco Mole was genius. Great show for kids and stoners of all ages. Cartoon Network was right for puting this show on the air, but THEY WERE WRONG! to stop making episodes.
  • Id ALmost forgotten

I cant beleive that there was such a quality kids TV show that is never on anymore. This show was absolutely marvelous. Soo much funnier than these modern kids TV shows like 'Cramp Twins' or 'Spongebob'. Ah the simple pleasures of:"Well isn't that cute. But it's WROOOOOOOOOONG!!!!". I thought that that was hilarious every time.

I can see the obvious comparison between these characters and Lennie and George from 'of mice and men' This was a clear Parody of them. Oh, and licking turds off the wheels of cars was always a hilarious event to watch. Those two dogs always in search of fine comestibles.

What A CLASSIC!!!
  • Bring it back!

Cartoon Network had it made for them when this show and many others were out. I find this show to be hilarious. I loved the episode where Little Dog and Big Dog went into outer space, and the episode with Red in it. This was always a favorite show of mine and I would love it if DVD's were ever released for it. This is without any doubt a classic Cartoon Network show. They did bring it to Boomerang for a while, but now I don't see it. My personal favorite was Little Dog because I think he's hilarious. If Cartoon Network would ever bring this show back it would become huge.
  • Great alternative to current cartoons.

I was flipping channels the other day, and I happened to stop on Boomerang. I see what looks like a geeky Little Red Riding hood skipping and singing. All of a sudden, this girl goes skipping and singing right off the face of a cliff. I immediately thought, "this is definitely the cartoon for me!" After watching a few episodes, this one has become a personal favorite.

As the title might infer, this cartoon follows the misadventures of two contrasting (not only in size but in personality) dogs. Like most good cartoons, it's not so much what they say that's funny, but the stylized way in how they say it. But don't get me wrong, the dialogue is great too.

"2 Stupid Dogs" is always cute, always funny, and always much better that whatever is on Cartoon Network.
  • Great show

Two Stupid Dogs follows the lives of two dogs, the overly excited Little Dog(the dachshund) and easy-paced Big Dog(Brad Garrett from "Til Death" and "Everybody Loves Raymond")-the sheepdog. These crazy canines don't know how to fit in the world, and they definitely don't have any know-how. They often find themselves in commonplace situations (going to the drive-in, walking through the mall, working on the farm), some not so common situations (stuck on a space shuttle, a contestant on a game show, getting mistaken for the prime minister), and even in some familiar situations (Little Red Riding Hood, Noah's Ark, and Hansel and Gretel). But no matter the situation, their stupidity usually leads them to calamitous results.
  • Just great

One of my favorite's cartoons when I was a kiddo. This cartoon is absolutely hillarious and icredibly funny. Back then, I didn;t realize this thing because, sincerly, I didn't had a clue what they were talking about but still watched them and still loved it. And now, it just hits me how great and inteligent they were. I laugh with my mouth and my belly hurting.. It is just amazing. One of the top cartoon network's classics, which you can't find these days.. Too bad that you can't find a decent show like this one.. And I'll defintely show it to my child to watch it because it worths all the way.
  • 2 Stupid Dogs: Funny Idiots

2 Stupid Dogs was a short lived American animated television series created by cartoonist Donovan Cook produced by Hanna-Barbera Cartoons that ran from September 1993 to January 1995 on TBS Superstation. 2 Stupid Dogs was a cartoon about a stupid dog and another stupid dog, with an animation style that was unusual (at the time); a very flat, simplistic style similar to early Hanna-Barbera cartoons of the 1950s and 60s, with early 1990s humor and sensibility. 2 Stupid Dogs was the beginning of the successful revival of Hanna-Barbera's fortunes, since the studio had not launched a bona fide hit since The Smurfs in 1981.
  • As the title says there are 2 stupid dogs living a dog's life. The small hyper one and the relaxed large one. The small dog is a daughhaund(i know thats spelled wrong) and the large dog is a sheepdog.

They Have To Bring This Show Back!!!!!!!!!!!When i was young i loved this show it was my favourite!!!!!!Every single sunday me and my grandmother watched this show. I called it our show. I remember this one part from about 7 years ago the bigger dog had his head stuck in a hole in the fance and the little dog came along i dont remember what happened after that. This show is one of my favourite childhood memories. Still to this day me and my grandmother talk about this show. Overall I give it a 10/10 it is comical, memorable, and an overall great show. If they do bring it back I would recomend this show to every single person i know.
  • This Show is about 2 dogs who get in all sorts of mischief and thier stupidity leads to it.Theres a crazy energetic dacshund and a laid back sheepdog. They get into so many different situations like running into the brady bunch,or even getting stuck in a

I started watching this show when I was four years old. I found it funny and entertaining. I remember when they played the marathons I would stay up and watch them. I taped a lot of episodes. That was until my little sister taped it over with Rugrats while i was gone. I was so Upset! I mean they still play Rugrats re-runs all the time. I havent seen this show in years. They should consider playing some re-runs. I really enjoyed this show, it was pratically my favorite childhood tv show. If this show came out on DVD I would definatly buy it.I know they dont play this show in the states but if you ever get a chance to see it I guarentee you'll either love it or you won't. But most people I know love the show.
  • two stupid dogs is a masterpiece of animation

first of all, i dont think the world has ever heard a better theme song. this is without a doubt one of the greatest shows ever. why they would take it off air is beyond me. from start to finish it is filled with hilarious sitituations caused by the stupidity of the funniest looking dogs ever.
  • Beginning of an era

Many may not even give the series a second thought - which is why I chose the classification "underappreciated" - but it is definitely one of the most influencial of the 90's, if not in the most direct of ways (kinda like how Nirvana changed the music scene, but it ended up being Alice in Chains that was the most influencial over the years).

Think about the style of the show, first of all. Many things drawn in a simplistic way, with odd angles aplenty. While it reminds one of old series like "Rocky and Bullwinkle," it had been a long time since a series with such a strong, different style had been on the scene, and I believe it definitely marked a turning point for cartoons as a whole, especially the company that made it, Hanna Barbera (think about Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, etc...).

The humor was also part of the changing scene. There was a healthy dose of innuendo and pop culture reference in the series that kids and adults could enjoy in different ways, much like the 60's Batman series or a movie like Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Nowadays, you see that in so many cartoon series, but back then, it was very fresh. Some compare it to Ren & Stimpy, but I find it to be so much more than a supposed copycat show. While Ren & Stimpy often relied on gross-out humor to get their laughs, 2 Stupid Dogs did it more so with clever writing and clever ideas.

Overall, it's on my short list of favorite television shows of all time, period. Many may think I'm crazy for saying that, but a lot of them probably haven't really given the series a chance or viewed it later in life, when they can appreciate it on another level.
  • 2 + stupid + dogs = 2 stupid dogs!

7.8
    i love this show! there's the little dog and the big dog! and the guy who yells "BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!" haha! funny! the little dog is so hyper! and the big one is so cool and laid back. but they have one thing in common there stupid! why, cartoonnetwork, why? why did you take two stupid dogs away?
  • Funny

2 Stupid Dogs feels like a classic when you watch it. The show actually manages to be hilarious without even trying. If you really like those shows that are two decades old, I say this is one you can view. The only reason I did`nt give the show a 10 was because I felt detatched about it during some scenes.
  • ditto

I remember watching this show on Cartoon Network and laughing at every single episode. This was my favorite show for a while. It's great. Some of my classmates used to say it was stupid...of course it's stupid that's the funny part of the show...I loved the music too. It takes a truly original angle for a cartoon- jazz. All of its background music is simple, spirited jazz. It adds an element of interest and lucidity that's particular to this show.
  • Two stupid dogs, stupid and dogs.

And yes, there are two of them. This show is pretty funny for an animation show tailored for adults. The dogs really are plain stupid and even act like real life dogs sometimes. There weren't many episodes but it was certainly worth it while it lasted. One of the animation shows I have on vhs off of the satellites.
  • Funny as Heck.

2 Stupid Dogs is a show about, of course, 2 stupid dogs and they are hilarious in every way. I actually remember watching this show a whole lot. I remember the episode about Little Red Riding Hood best. I can't remember their names but this was a great show. I know there was a fat on and a skinny one. I wish this show was still airing on basic cable because I miss it a lot. I don't have much more to say about the show because I vaguely remember it. Those 2 stupid dogs are a part of my childhood that I miss.
  • For the love of god BRING IT BACK!

This show was very funny and was one of the classics of Cartoon Network. The best shows are really the ones that are no longer running. A lot of this new crap on CN (with the exeption of FHFIF, Camp Lazlo, and Billy and Mandy) really sucks c*** in my book. This show was about two stupid dogs (hence the title). They had adventures in every episode that they handled in retarded ways, but thats why it was funny. Please CN bring all the old classics back and take off all this new $#!t.
  • Classic catch phrases keep this show running!

Two stupid dogs was so essential to classic cartoon network. This show was loaded with comedy, and quality comedy at that. You a brief time, this show was featured on boomerang a couple of years back, which was good to see, as boomerang was reviving some of the best cartoon network shows, but has been off the air since then. Before the boomerang revival, cartoon network featured this show in their daily line-up, and they couldn't be any smarter for doing so. This show followed the adventures of big dog and little dog in very creative and original storylines, with great voice overs for to play their parts. The name might be stupid, but the show certainly wasn't.
  • If you notice, 2 Stupid Dogs? More like 1 Great Show.

I like this show. As far as I know, 2 Stupid Dogs is the best show I watched. The voices were cool, the acting was great, the characters were drawn not bad, and everything, OH MAN! I'll tell you, it looked incredible for 1993. Oh and 1994 & 1995. We going to be kept, but misrabaly (spelled wrong) cancelled to be replacing time with The What-A-Cartoon Show.

But you get to choose what yoyur favorite characters are for this show, but I like the Little Dog & The Big Dog (Johnathan).

So the show is cool. And like I said, 2 Stupid Dogs? More like 1 Great Show.
  • I loved 2 Stupid Dogs!

2 Stupid Dogs was my very favourite show ever. Whenever I was allowed to watch Cartoon Network as a kid I would always ask if I could watch CN during 2 Stupid Dogs. I didn't really like Secret Squirrel for some reason. Anyway, my favourite dog was Little Dog because he was hyper and cute. Sorta like me!
  • Childhood Memories

It has been too long now to recollect the stories from this show, but i can remember watching this show "2 Stupid Dogs" in the early 90s as a child. I can only but vaguely remember small bits of an episode where the two dogs visit a factory (presumably for food).
  • One of my favorite shows of my childhood

I've loved this show ever since I was 3. It's one of my favorite shows I grew up with. The 2 main dogs are pretty funny, especially the little dog. Hallywood is pretty funny too, especially when he says "Aint that cute, BUT IT'S WRONG!" and the Little Red Riding Hood episodes are pretty funny too. I've seen some shows simular to this like 'Ren and Stimpy', 'Cow and Chicken', 'Schnookums and Meat' and 'Timon and Pumbaa'. I really like them alot too exept 'Ren and Stimpy' since it has too many gross humor in it. I really with that '2 Stupid Dogs' had more then just one season. I don't think just one season is enough seasons for a funny show like this. I thought the 'Secret Squirrel' cartoons on this show where pretty good too but I like the Dogs more.
  • One of the Best shows around.

My favort 90's classics are this & "Rocko's Modern Life" because they have similar plots the dog & Rocko are like "Pucca" & "Homestae Runner" begause there great to remember the plots are original as 'Rocko" himself evey charater is nice & shows like "CatDog" & "Arthur" are basicly rip-off to this & "Rocko's Modern Life"

Live long Dogs, Live Long
  • Bring it back!!!!!

Now that I have a child, I want her to see this cartoon. My family loves it. It is the best. It is just one of those cartoons that is so simple yet so funny. No violence or bratty little story lines, just a good cartoon. So bring it back!!!
< 1 2