21 Jump Street

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Feb 05, 1990 on FOX

• Death for Ronnie the Drug Dealer by injection.

This episode was a sad one for me to watch, even though Ronnie deserved to be punished for the killings that he did in the past. This episode showed that even Drug Dealers like Ronnie could fall in love. I enjoyed the flash backs in between the main story line. It showed a different side of Ronnie that I hadn't seen before. I kind of wish that Rosie would have shown up for the execution, but I understand why she didn't. She loved him and didn't want to remember that way. That had to have been hard for Hanson to watch. Bye Bye Ronnie.
  • Superior quality.

The only reason I didn't give this episode a perfect '10' was because it has very little to do with the Jump Street gang. This is the guest star's (Josh Richman)'s show all the way. He had appeared in an earlier episode in the 2nd season, and we now find him on Death Row. Through flashbacks (and with some great camera work at the beginning) we delve into the psyche of a young man sent to prison for murder. Rosie Perez plays his girlfriend, and she does a fine job, as always. This show is incredibly sad, and nothing personifies it more than the look on Tom Hanson's face as he becomes a witness to the execution.