21 Jump Street Forums

FOX (ended 1991)

Impact Episode(s)

LisaToddFan

[1]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 4

We all know Jump Street targeted issues that were happening in real life amongst teenagers & young people. Which episodes had a strong impact or message for you & why? JS was somewhat 'controversial' at the time (not in my opinion) so what made it gripping viewing for you?

Discuss

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Soozin511

[2]Jun 16, 2008

Best Years Of Your Life- because suicide is like a really important topic right now for me because my mom tried

Shirts and Skins- because it says exactly what I want to say, like how the Nazi's and the anti-Nazi groups were basically the same.

Fun With Animals- Booker is so right when he tells off Hanson towards the end.

I really like how the show doesn't try overly hard to be tolerant or anything;; thats a problem with a lot of shows (and people) nowadays.

LisaToddFan

[3]Jul 8, 2008
    It was a great show for getting messages across with what was happening at the time

JohnnyDepp21JS

[4]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 6

Jump Street had the ability to entertain teenagers and teach them stuff without being patronising, although Depp percieved it to be hypocritical becasue most of the writers and producers and even himself were all getting high in drugs and then telling people not to get high..... however i love the way the show reaches out i do have a few personal favourites that I relate to more than others the one i relate to the most is blindsided for reasons you can probably guess, orpheus 3.3 is one that had a lot of impact on me along with many more of the episodes that would take me forever to explain them all

majidok

[5]May 25, 2010
    • level: 6
    I think most of the episodes were good , can't point out a specific episode for having a serious impact on me or maybe I can't remember exactly . I think I watched it mostly for fun and entertainment , though I was a teenager at the time .

annericelover

[6]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 7

There were a lot of episodes that gave an impression or impact when I was growing up watching the series as new episodes. One of them was entitled "Swallowed Alive" from Season 3. It was a chance for viewers to see what happens to the teenagers that are put in juvenile facilities, it played a lot on the emotion and even sanity on Hanson's character the most. After this episode, we see a huge change in his character, since he does seem to allow that world to creep inside him a bit. Its also weird upon first viewing when we never know exactly what happens to Doug(imagine watching this as a new episode and not knowing if we'll see Doug in the next episode)as he just disappears and all that is said is he lost it and was transferred. I'll post more episodes as I come across them, but that is one that I remember made an impression on me as a kid. Kind of a scared straight thing, as I have never ended in jail, lol