21 Jump Street Forums

FOX (ended 1991)

Please help me remember an episode.

ThePurplePikmin

[1]Nov 2, 2006
    • level: 1
    Okay, I'm pretty sure there's an episode of 21 Jump Street where one of the younger members joins a cult and Hanson (maybe) and someone else end up kidnapping the kid out of the cult and pulling an intervention to get the kid de-brainwashed. I feel like there was a cheeseburger involved with the intervention.

Did I dream this, or is this a real episode?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BRAH

[2]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 4
    Nope, this episode existed. It was Season 5's "Brothers" (1990). The plot was about new Jump St. officer, Joey Penhall (Michael DeLuise), Doug's brother, infiltrating a religious cult made up of kids whose parents claimed they were brainwashed. During the investigation, Joey gets brainwashed himself, and it's up to his estranged brother Doug (Peter DeLuise) to try and bring him back to reality.

The scene which you are talking about with the cheeseburger, was a scene where Doug was interrogating Joey at the chapel, and due to his brainwashing, Joey refused to eat, and Doug tried to force him to eat the burger.

tvman1961

[3]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    Good episode "Brothers". Joey suddenly appears one day (morning?) at Jump Street (Chapel) and he is relaxing in Doug's chair. Hoffs and Mac arrive and they think he is a homeless person who has taken refuge. Doug comes in, his brother greets him, and Doug decks him with one punch.
    Edited on 09/10/2007 6:02pm
    Edited 3 total times.

lequericacalvo

[4]Oct 30, 2007
    • level: 32
    ThePurplePikmin wrote:
    Okay, I'm pretty sure there's an episode of 21 Jump Street where one of the younger members joins a cult and Hanson (maybe) and someone else end up kidnapping the kid out of the cult and pulling an intervention to get the kid de-brainwashed. I feel like there was a cheeseburger involved with the intervention.

Did I dream this, or is this a real episode?

Check on the guide...

majidok

[5]May 24, 2010
    • level: 6
    Good to know , thanks !

annericelover

[6]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 7

I love that episode, Michael Deluise was a great addition to the series, he gave the series the new youth feel that began to be felt(I even liked Officer Kate and Garrett, but they were taken off after just two or 3 episodes). Its a shame that he was written out of the series, just because Doug leaves, its kind of stupid reasoning, but oh well. I remember when the chapel was filled with people, than in the 5th season it was like a ghost town, that is when you knew the series was on its last legs(from the series writers, not fans). I believe even Hanson was mentioned in this episode, but not sure