This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Tuesday 8:30 PM on CBC Premiered Oct 01, 1993 In Season

Im2Crazy4U

This Hour Has 22 Minutes Fan Reviews (8)

5.5
  • I wrote about the wrong show before, I meant the hour was bad this show is alright.

again ignore this review it was meant for the show the hour, I put it in the wrong spot. This show is decent and funny were the other show is just some guy who doesn't know anything spouting his mouth off. Sorry for the confusion. I do like this skits on this show, they are pretty good and the new segments, so this show is definitely a good show to watch, even though I can't think of anything else to say about it, I still have 13 words left now I have 7. I reccomend watching this show to check it out.
  • This Hour Has 22 Minutes is a Canadian parody on news broadcasts and is so much better then 'The Daily Show'!

This Hour Has 22 Minutes is a hilarious show, that's getting better every season! The sketches are hilarious and keep getting better and better. The commercials that they make fun of are hilarious and I often find myself rolling on the floor with laughter. I hope that more people will begin to watch it, because it should deserve more credit then it receives. The cast deliver an outstanding performance. The writers have quite an imagination, that are much funnier then Royal Canadian Air Farce, another Canadian sketch comedy. I hope that Americans will start to watch the show, because its a good show.They might find it funny. Unfortunately, there are a lot of jokes having to do with Canadian politics, and since Americans don't know who Paul Martin is, they might have a problem comprehending the humour. All in all, This Hour Has 22 Minutes is hilarious and i wish it well in the future.
  • Some viewers mat not share this..sense of humour.....

This hour has 22 minutes is a satirical examination of dayily events some viewers may not share this..sense of humour. thi is what always used to preceed 22. i like it better now that Mary Walsh is gone she made people not like it because she made it stupid. i like the cast that's on ther now they do a fine job of acting.i like how they put what a polotician said and put it with a different story, it really makes it funny. i don't usually like the skits all that much but some are good. i think 22 is better than Royal Canadian Air Farce. later.
  • Going Downhill Fast.

2.5
    This show used to be very funny with some great sketches and great talent on it, it was one of the few Canadian comedy TV series on CBC that as a Canadian you could actually be proud of-- or at least not angry that they were wasting your tax dollars on it. But the last two or three seasons this show has just been garbage. They have really bad new people on it who just aren't funny and none of the sketches or jokes or characters are funny any more either. The show must just be stale but it has been on for so many years I guess that is no surprise. It used to be better than Air Farce but now it is just like Air Farce with tired gags and over acting. Stick a fork in this show cuz it's done.
  • Used to be Funny.

"This Hour Has 22 Minutes" used to be a very funny show. Like another CBC program that is a very similar sketch comedy show about Canadian politics ("Royal Canadian Air Farce") it has probably just been on too long. Both shows are well over ten years old and they have obviously gotten very stale. I don't think the show got really bad after Rick Mercer left, it has only gotten really bad in the last two or three seasons. "The Rick Mercer Report" is also not very funny (I think Rick Mercer has just lost it) with nothing really happening in it. This season is the worst I can remember and I just won't watch "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" any more. They are finally getting rid of "Royal Canadian Air Farce" and I think this show won't be far behind. It is sad because it used to be very good.
  • This Hour has 22 Minutes should be on the old Ma and eddie Reardon skit "That Show Sucked".

I agree totally with the other commentators that this show used to be hilarious and now it just sucks. I try watching it occasionally, but i just cannot stomach the lame jokes. The show itself is the joke now. Cathy jones is being dragged down by those weakass so called comedians they replaced the other cast members with. time to cancel this show and quit wasting taxpayers money producing this garbage anymore. I hate to say that since i used to look forward to watching this show. At the very least maybe they could get Greg Thomey, Mary Walsh and Colin Mochrie.
  • Used to be funny.

This Hour Has 22 Minutes used to be funny but for the last two or three years it has just sucked it used to be great and Royal Canadian Air Farce sucked but now they both suck.
    Royal Canadian Air Farce still sucks tons more than This Hour Has 22 Minutes but they both just have bad jokes about news headlines and the segments and sketches are all just terrible.
    The acting on This Hour Has 22 Minutes is tons better than on RCAF but the jokes are just so bad it is sad to see that the show has fallen this far from where it used to be.
    The cast is fine but they need to change the show tons to make it funny again or else just cancel it like they finally canceled RCAF maybe some shows just shouldn't stick on TV forever or they get stale like this.
  • Lame

This Hour Has 22 Minutes used to be a very funny show and one of the best Canadian comedies on TV. CBC had a good thing going but it's time to let it go. Now that Royal Canadian Air Farce has finally been showed the door THH22Min is easily the worst comedy on Canadian TV. The jokes/sketches/characters are lame and just none of the show is funny any more. Even worse there is no relevant social or political comedy, it's all caricatures and bad, predictable jokes. Remember when it used to be funny and relevant too? It was even still a good show after Rick Mercer left and for a little bit after Greg Thomey left but now it is just going through the motions. CBC please cancel this before it gets way out of hand like Royal Canadian Air Farce that show got way more sad before the plug was pulled, at least replace THH22Min now before it gets that sad, time for new shows and new blood at the CBC obviously.