We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

227 Forums

NBC (ended 1990)

Doubt There Will Be More DVDs

jjackson411

[1]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 19
    It's been too long since the first season was released on DVD, and I doubt the other seasons will ever come out. The first season box set probably didn't sell too well, so the powers that be stopped releasing other seasons. I don't think they'd go this long without giving an update. Oh well...that's the business.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GSU2004

[2]Jun 20, 2006
    • level: 9

jjackson411 wrote:
    It's been too long since the first season was released on DVD, and I doubt the other seasons will ever come out. The first season box set probably didn't sell too well, so the powers that be stopped releasing other seasons. I don't think they'd go this long without giving an update. Oh well...that's the business.

It was an excellent editorial on TVShowsonDVD.com in regards to the problems of these one or two season only releases of sitcoms.  People simply weren't buying them as they had hoped.  I was really banking on TVLand putting 227 on at a good timeslot so it could provide exposure to help get more seasons out.  According to an unconfirmed source from a poster on sitcomsonline, the sales were extremely disappointing for 227. 

ahsfreshmen10

[3]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 4
    My mom went out and got it a few months back and I thought it was boring but 227 is laugh out loud funny.

telvisnostic

[4]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 52

I bought the dvd last year and i'm saddened that there migth not be anymore season's coming out. 

But that awful show with John Ritter that he did with Markie Post was put out in it's entirety is just a travesty.

Edited on 10/02/2006 8:11pm