227 Forums

NBC (ended 1990)

TVLand is doing 227 wrong!

GSU2004

[1]Jun 15, 2006
    • level: 9
    There is going to be no launch marathon for 227 and they are going to have it placed during the lunchtime hour after What's Happening.  Dam, Dam, Dam, I was looking forward to the 48 hour marathon but its TVLand and they change their minds so often.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jjackson411

[2]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 19
    The lunchtime hour may not be the only time it airs. Usually, they show the same episodes of shows twice a day, like with Good Times and What's Happening?. And even if they don't do a marathon to introduce the show, they'll end up doing many more in the future. By the way, where did you get your information about when 227 will air?

GSU2004

[3]Jun 20, 2006

jjackson411 wrote:
    The lunchtime hour may not be the only time it airs. Usually, they show the same episodes of shows twice a day, like with Good Times and What's Happening?. And even if they don't do a marathon to introduce the show, they'll end up doing many more in the future. By the way, where did you get your information about when 227 will air?

I got it from the sitcomsonline.com message board.  The moderators post press releases and other news about what networks are doing.  This is how I found out about 227's timeslot.  I have yet to find out any word if it will remain on TVOne.

PatJK910

[4]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 10
    I just found out from TVland.com they moved 227 to Sunday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. At least they didn't yanked off the lineup, which is a good thing.

BiGLOU2006

[5]Aug 14, 2006
    • level: 3
    Not only that, now it only airs on Sunday-- what's the deal with that. I'm a tv show collector, I hope they do change their minds.

GSU2004

[6]Sep 10, 2006
    From what I read on sitcomsonline.com message boards, 227 is supposed to be hitting local syndication again this fall and many speculate on the reasoning why TVLand has not given it much play to help boost the ratings in the local markets for the show.  Again, this is unconfirmed as it just what posters are commenting on.  The moderator who is a good source did confirm that 227 is going to local syndication along with other shows that we havent seen in awhile like Benson.  No word on what markets will be getting the reruns.