A 24 Community
FOX (ended 2010)

24: Live Another Day S09E08: "6:00 PM-7:00 PM"

Nine seasons in, we've seen every trick in 24's book. There's a lot about the show's formula that feels tired in 2014, even after taking a few years off, and I've certainly spent some time during my reviews of Live Another Day voicing my frustration with the sloppy plot devices or cold use of violence. But an episode like this one was a really great reminder of how 24's management of its real-time premise and concurrent storytelling can build tension to expected, yet still surprising outcomes. "6:00 PM-7:00 PM" might not have been the absolute best episode of Live Another Day to this point, but it definitely made the best use of the show's internal structure as President Heller's showdown with Margot Al-Harazi reached its, well, explosive, conclusion. 

Last week, with most of my attention lasered in on Live Another Day's use of drone attacks, I didn't devote much ink to President Heller's decision to surrender himself to Margot in hopes of putting an end to her reign of terror. At the time, the idea that Heller would just give up rang a little hollow to me, because it was so naive and misguided in the way that all bad 24 politicians or leaders have been over the years. Why, I thought to myself, would Margot actually believe Heller or actually stop her attacks once Heller was dead? It all played a little silly, despite William Devane's typical combination of gravitas and pathos. 

And while the whole thing is still silly, "6:00 PM-7:00 PM" successfully convinced me that Heller's ruling mattered in the larger context of the narrative and even more surprisingly, created a weirdly compelling moral dilemma for Margot that I never saw coming. Heller immediately presented his "plan" to Jack—resign from office, sacrifice himself to Margot as a personal choice and not an act of state, and pray for the best—and from there, the episode not only ran through the logistical nightmares of sneaking the sitting president out of his secure location so he could go get drone'd, but also the emotional consequences that ensued. Of course, Jack pretty quickly got on his high horse about the morality of letting Margot "win," as it were, what it would do to the country, to Audrey, etc., but Heller had an answer at every turn. His primary response? There are no other options, and Jack would consider the same action. Truth bombs!

One of the negative byproducts of 24's bumpy final few seasons and subsequent cancellation-turned-hiatus was that the Jack and Heller's relationship more or less disappeared from the picture, but this episode hustled to resurrect some of that stuff, primarily through a couple of nice performances from Devane and Kiefer. There was a good number of close-ups on both men's faces as the episode tried to highlight both the sadness and the acknowledgement that this had to be done, and of course Devane got that really great moment where he roared at Jack about what this surrender could prevent—primarily the deaths of thousands of more people in possible future drone attacks. 24 loves locking a couple of actors in a small room while they argue about WHAT'S RIGHT, but it only works when the actors are up to it; in this case, they were.

Meanwhile, Live Another Day finally found something for Kim Raver to do, and she made her scenes with both Devane and Tate Donovan's Mark some of the best stuff we've seen all season. The final Heller family conversation, about a beach trip so many years ago, was warm without being cheesy, and Audrey's outburst to Mark once she discovered the truth about her father's whereabouts and course of action traveled the right tonal trajectory from outrage to sadness to recognition. After having to stand around and do next to nothing for seven hours, it was nice to see Raver get to unload a bit—and rightfully so, given the context. (Donovan's performance was also good, as the actor continued to make sure that Mark looked mostly like a conflicted-but-well-meaning sorta-jerk, rather than an out-and-out villain.) Together, all of those scenes in the embassy took some weight off President Heller's choice by giving him time with the people who are closest to him (Jack, Audrey, and Mark). The decision itself was, of course, nuts. But when 24 is good like it was in this episode, the show convinces you that nutty decisions make sense, for the story and for the characters.

This episode also soared to real heights because of its ability to draw out President Heller's showdown with Margot (well, with Margot's drone) just long enough for Kate and Chloe to try to find another way to take Margot down. Again, we've seen 24 create these either/or scenarios a number of times over the years, and the less said about Jack imploring Kate to "WAKE UP THE BITCH" in reference to Simone, the better. Nevertheless, those pretty standardized scenes of Jack calling Chloe looking for information because THEY'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME work a lot better when the "situation" they're running out of time on is the eventual death of a long-running and important character. Thus, Jack's check-ins with Chloe and Kate were nice reminders of the gravity of the situation, further underscoring that Heller's insane concession was, truly, the last resort. This was a strong example of what the proverbial ticking-clock-style storytelling can do for 24; the stakes were already high, but the extra juice of Jack scrambling to find Heller a way out while Heller shrugged it all off, knowing what he had to do, made for good TV.

And then by the end of the hour, this episode hit another, almost weird, gear when Margot appeared legitimately shaken by Heller's willingness to cooperate. It was almost as if Margot had seen the first eight seasons of 24 and just assumed that the president's agreeable disposition was all another ploy to take her down—so when it wasn't, she was faced with exactly what she wanted all along, only it seemed to scare her. There were a few things going on in that sequence, I think. For one, Margot had spent so much time crusading against Heller and what he stood for that actually "winning," if you will, was probably overwhelming. 

But there was also that moment where it seemed like Margot was rattled by having to execute Heller, straight-up, with the drone. I'd like to believe that the moment was a bit of commentary on how impersonal and awful drones are, even though Margot ultimately made decided to blow Heller into the ground right in the center of Wembley Stadium. Nevertheless, Michelle Fairley and the writers did a nice job of pointing out that Margot might in fact want people to see that she's an honest, fair terrorist, if such a thing exists. Whether or not the show keeps that up in the final third of the season—Jack had to go after someone, after all—but it was a fine moment that tracked well with the odd respect between Heller and Margot.

Instead of relying on shock value to take out President Heller, "6:00 PM-7:00 PM" methodically built to his death, and Live Another Day is better for it. This was one of those hours that does good things with the show's structure without taking too much advantage of it, and it certainly sets the show up for what should be an interesting final four hours.

COMM & CLASSIFIED FILES

– Jack didn't kill anyone or say our favorite word this week, so our DAMMIT TRACKER and KILL TRACKER have stalled out once again. He did knock that one Secret Service agent out and drag him to the bathroom in approximately 2.3 seconds, though. 

– Elsewhere on the show, Navarro's attempts to kill Jordan continued to go poorly. Jordan survived long enough to figure out that Navarro was the one who ordered his death, but the second skirmish between Jordan and the hitman left Jordan mortally wounded. I'm not sure if he's dead yet, but I'm also not sure it matters. Worst of all for Navarro, Kate started sniffing around Jordan's weird absence in the office. That's going to go very, very poorly for Navarro. 

– No silent clock for Heller, which some people might be upset about. It's certainly not a signal that he survived, right? With Heller presumably dead and Jordan and Simone both pretty close to the other side themselves, the ranks are starting to thin. 

– Fox promoted this episode as the 200th in 24's history, but that doesn't include Redemption. For whatever reason, the network seems really embarrassed by that one-off film, but not Seasons 6 and 8 of the show. That's odd. 

What'd you think of this episode? Will you miss President Heller?

97 Comments
Comments (97)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
that last note on Redemtion was hilarious for some reason.
Flag
There is approx. 5 seconds of footage looped continuously while Jack gets Heller out of there, presumably Chloe did this though there are still unanswered questions… I made a few images to explain this after I watched it because I thought I saw something odd about the way Heller was moving throughout the whole scene.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2rzt05u.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/15gwhvn.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/29n9izk.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2e52hoh.jpg

As it’s in real time, I don’t think we’ll ever get to ‘see’ what happened exactly but any explanation along with these images should clear things up… apart from (possibly) where the looped footage actually came from.

At first I thought the episode was better for Heller dying but having looks very closely at it, it’s quite clever and I’m less angry about the misdirection than I was at first when I started reading about how Heller wasn’t dead. Let’s see how they explain it next week but looped footage is clearly at the heart of it.

Michael
Flag
Wow, this is what I call an overkill.
Flag
Heller isn't dead , already shown in the preview for the next episode
Flag
Was I the only one who thought fuck me that missile strike was weirdly jumpy and done hella fast? And that they hired someone from the SiFy channel for SFX - I doubt any Wembley fans spilled their beverages during it! It reminded me of the old Flash Gordon B&W's where next week's episode reveals something didn't actually happen! Stella work.
Flag
I heard at least one "DAMNIT"...
Flag
This season has really been a surprise so far. Most reboots of anything are usually dreadful and make you wish the object in question had just been left to lie in peace, but this really feels like the final season 24 deserves.
Flag
ya great episode one of the best, yet it was the 200th episode of 24 what a way to lock it up.......f**k the ratings .....give me bauer for season 10 already
Flag
This review is rather cynical, if they show wouldn't deliver on it's promises it would be absurd. The only thing I dislike about the season is that it is almost over because the 24 episode model took it's time for twists and turns and failures and "oh so close" moments, which was the essence of the show. Now that it has become more linear the thrill is lost in the rush.
Anyways some advice for the cynical reviewer. Without 24 this website would probably not exist, without 24 TV Programming would not be at this level today, so show some respect because even when you have seen it before you have seen it the first time in a 24 Episode
Flag
I'm liking all the story threads they seem to be setting up (hopefully for future shows). You have the Russians (where I think the next season will go),
The wiki guy - who is selling the secrets to china,
Kate hunting down the mole that ruined her and her husbands lives,
Jack maybe going home,
Chloe maybe finding out that her kid and husband were targeted- but not from who she thought
Also enjoying the Mark/Jack story. First we saw him trying to get rid of Jack, then finding a little respect for him via Heller and this week not naming Jack, to Audrey as the person taking Heller to his death -- Knowing it would have been an easy way to make her hate Jack as well. I see the respect growing between them with Jack one day finding out his new good friend Mark was the one that ratted him out to the Russians
Flag
''Weirldy compelling moral dilemma'' for Margot. Im certainly intrigued to see how this plays out.
President dies from direct missile drone strike....only on 24
Flag
Staff
IN A GLOBAL LANDMARK
Flag
I like Heller but he's dead. He's a man of morals and integrity and honor. Please remember that way back in season 5 he sacrificed himself to keep Christopher Henderson and president logan from using him as leverage to get the evidence that implicated Logan in president Palmer's assassination. In that season he drove his car right off a cliff and into the ocean (but survived). So this is nothing new for that character. It's still a shock to actually see it and realize that he's 99.999999% likely dead. But at least he went out on his terms and for the right and honorable reasons.
Flag
I haven't watched this series in years and I'm glad to see nothing has changed.

Oh look we have a traitor in the ranks. Amazing how an organisation setup to counter terrorism never seems capable of identifying rats within there own ranks.

Oh look we have another President of the United States doing some daft thing.

Boy this show is lame.
Flag
No CTU this season it is the CIA. Navaro is not working for Margot but appears to be just selling information to a wiki leaks type of organization and framed another agent. Navaro's end game is not known but he wants to stop the attacks ftom what I have seen. You are correct that all the president's crap is worn out.
Flag
Heller is alive. Cloe managed to hack into the drones system in time and created a 10 second camera delay on the drones. So the live feed that Margot actually watched was delayed, and Jack managed to get Heller off the field target in time.
Flag
Exactly what I was thinking. There wasn't a silent clock. Heller was a major character in the series. Tony wasn't dead, Heller isn't dead now. No silent clock = nobody died.
Flag
If the delay was introduced after the drone got to Wembley, they would have seen the glitch on the screen. If it was introduced earlier, it would have been even easier to spot it, because they were flying it by remote control.

He's dead.
Flag
Very good "24" explanation ! I would not be surprised if indeed this is how the writers do it !
Flag
Heller was brave but giving in to terrorists doesn't work. If he survived it was a very quick stunt Chloe pulled off, to loop the footage and have Heller hide.
Flag
Heller's insane decision to surrender was almost as insane as Jack killing Chapelle just because a terrorist demanded. That was painful to watch.

As I watched Heller's final moments I kept thinking, "hey, Heller can't go like that." But now I realize that's EXACTLY the way he had to go. A big sacrifice and a big explosion. It was a much more dignified way of departure than growing slowly insane by Alzheimer degeneration. When I go, I hope it'll be like that!

What irritated me the most was the "Do you even know if the safety is on of off?" villain ploy. And the silly guy had to look at the weapon to figure it out. If I were him, I'd have shot the bad guy's arm, and as he bled, I would say, "Hey, guess what, it IS off!"

All in all, a nice episode. I hope they renew 24 for season 10! Or is it season 2?
Flag
I was pretty confident Heller would die. 24 has a good reputation of not chickening out on things like that.

What time of the year is this season set? With London's high latitude there wouldn't be very many days of the year where sunset is exactly 6pm. A bit of attention to detail wouldn't have hurt.
Flag
This is the show where the hero once threw a screwdriver through a bulletproof vest, and his coworker got shot in the neck at close range and not only survived, but walked into the office dressed in a suit 7 minutes after he woke up at the hospital after surgery. And most scenes that involve computers are absurd. So it seems pretty weird to demand that they shoot an outdoors scene at a time of day when the sunlight is exactly right.
Flag
Weird but totally justified?
Flag
Initially I thought that the series took place on a spring or a summer day, but with the darkness setting in by 6.35 pm or so it must be during the fall. Yet it doesn't look like it on the outside.
Besides, it was pretty weird to observe how it was only getting dark at 6.30 pm to have the darkness fully take over only 7 minutes later. Not to mention that the sky visible through a window in Heller's residence at 6.20 pm is still surprisingly bright. So yeah... I get that they can't be bothered to get the times right when shooting various scenes, but the incosistencies there were a tad too noticeable.
Flag
The sky visible in Heller's residence is in the centre of London and the light pollution would be massive there meaning it would appear lighter in the window than actually being there as London is very similar to places over in America like New York and LA in that it never really gets fully dark in the city. Bigger nitpick for me is Wembley Stadium being lit up. With no game on and nothing happening there it would be dark and shut down not fully floodlit with nothing happening there.
Flag
It would probably also be pretty hard to get inside.
Flag
That could explain it. And it's one valid nitpick about their portrayal of Wembley. Another thing that made me wonder: would Jack and Heller really be able to just walk there unbothered?
Flag
I did wonder about that too but my son pointed out they got the code for the gate so its possible they would as security would be light with nothing going on at the stadium. The floodlights were on before they landed though so can't explain that lol
Flag
"For whatever reason, the network seems really embarrassed by that one-off film, but not Seasons 6 and 8 of the show. That's odd." HAHAHAHA

Flag
One question: what was the purpose of Jack taking out or putting something into Pres. Heller's arm? It was not too clear for me...
Otherwise, I am loving this series so much!
Flag
He was removing the President's tracking device so that the Secret Service would think he (the President) was still in his hotel room and not running around London town.
Flag
I think Heller is dead. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Margot's son, Ian, will take over as (one of) the villains of the last part of the series - I think she honestly wants to step back and tell the world "Look what we can accomplish, look at the power we held over you - but we CHOSE to stand down, because we are not without honour", but Junior didn't seem to be too thrilled with the idea.
After helping his mother kill his brother-in-law and (attempt to) murder his sister, I think he's going to be reluctant to just back off and destroy all those lovely, lovely drones when he COULD blackmail the British some more, or just blow shit up.

Flag
The leader of the wiki leaks organization is my guess. That character doesn't have the presence of that guy
Flag
I suppose he could hack the drones with the information he's had access to through Chloe - but I don't see his motivation.
Unless he wants to use them to cover up his espionage - THAT I could see, nothing says "distraction" like a huge explotion. ;)
Or maybe sell control of them to the highest bidder?

I just don't see Ian sitting back and saying "Yes, Mommy dearest" when she tells him to get rid of all his cool new toys...

Of course they could drop the drones as the major threat/plot device and focus on the espionage bit - Mr. Wikileaks and Navarro trying to keep Kate and Chloe in the dark.
Flag
interview today with showrunners Evan Katz and Manny Coto

Have you wrapped the season?

Katz: We wrapped yesterday. Manny and I are doing post for a very intense period that's going to finish the last few episodes.
There are 12 episodes, but Live Another Day will cover a 24-hour period. You've covered seven hours so far, is there a time jump ahead?
Coto: There will be a time jump, one or more, and we will be happy to tell you how we're going to deal with it… right after the last episode airs.
Flag
Staff
I feel like I saw somewhere that they were going to jump ahead after Hour 9 or 10.
Flag
at hour 9 they could be off - staging a tactical response to the drone strike team with a dawn raid, and then a strong physical, action-packed two hours to 'splode stuff and kill bad people. then a couple more hours off-line to send Jack and Strahotski to the hospital for post-op clean up. then 10AM final hour to clean up the political fallout, and Audrey, and offer Hots a new job cause they found her innocent husband, and someone has to stand up to Vladimir Vladimirovich and tell him to fuck-off because Jack is now the Ambassador to Luxembourg and untouchable.
How's that work?
Flag
Even though Margot may keep her word, I have a feeling her son might not.
Flag
This is exactly what i thought. He probably is going to betray her and go ahead with the strike.
Flag
They can, of course, take it either way next episode, but I think the death would fit the tone of the season more. See my review on chandlerbrett.com
Flag
I am pretty sure that he is dead. This will totally mess Audrey's relationships with both Mark and Jack.

If Jordan is dead, than Navarro is safe.
Flag
Tully, why you do this?
Flag
I thought it was a pretty good episode. The look on Margot's face when she heard the president's surrender was so real. (She, while initiating the plan, herself did not realize it would come to this). Personally I think 24 should give up the snitch plot, having an insider in the CIA is such a huge cliche not just in 24 but in all terrorism plots of Hollywood. I loved the episode, it certainly ranked one-of-the-top in my book this season.

Also, with every episode I just keep on wondering, we have an extra 12 hours time-jump left and we are at the 8th episode. With 4 eps left, I wonder when and in what context they would take it. I think they will make a straight 12 hr leap at one go which I do not think wise off, that 12 hr time jump should have been scattered throughout the season instead of taking a big leap at one go. Lets see what happens.
Flag
I'm finding it hard not to be distracted by how awful the "special effects" are - any time blood, explosions, or fire appear it looks like a cheesy 90's video game. Use some practical effects, people! marcusj1973's explanation of the Navarro plotline makes sense, I was having trouble working out how that fit in with the over all plot, it just seemed like a red herring until I read that. I'm still looking forward to the plot twists of the next "four hours". since we're only 2/3 of the way through the season, particularly Mark's ethical dilemma as it's now clear he will bond with Jack (it was President Heller's final order, so he'll do it) and try to thwart the Russians. I think Margot will die next week or the one after, and Alfred Builder will continue reprising his role from The Pillars of the Earth as the creepy stepson who thwarts his parents' plans because he was secretly in love with his sister - I guessed that much as soon as I saw him. Stra-hot-ski will have been wasted on this show as an actress unless she can win Jack over by reminding him of his ethics in a reasonably long personal monologue in a precarious situation, thus supplanting Raver as Jack's replacement wife.
More+
Flag
Practical effects would be great. But there was no way they were going to let them blow up the turf at Wembley. That had to be CGI.
Flag
LOL, you're right, but they could have blown up a model.
Flag
True, but the CGI this season has been terrible. The explosions are bad and I expected them to be on some level... but the blood is just laughable
Flag
RIP Heller. next episode, stark dies...again...killed by his son
Flag
Heller is alive
Flag
{pouring some out for Heller}

He really should have gotten the silent clock. If I recall, that's used primarily when a character dies that you know is going to die where the quick cut to audible clock is used for dramatic effect. I get why they didn't, but they should have.

From here on in, you can almost write the final episodes yourself.

- Margot is going to stick to her word but her son has other plans. He kills Margot and continues with his plan to fire bomb London.
- Kate continues sniffing around and either tracks down Jordan or he gains consciousness enough to call her and points her in the direction of Navarro and these missing partitions & frame of her and her husband.
- Chloe gets pulled in to discover that Adrian isn't as noble as she was led to believe.
- And Jack...well, Jack does what Jack does. Kicks ass and saves the day despite any level of implausibility. And I'm okay with that.

There's really only one thing in question. Now that there's nobody around to countermand Mark's forging the President's signature...does he really march Jack off to the Russians (or at least try)? It's one thing to escort your father in law to his death. Under these circumstances, he might be able to maintain a relationship with Audrey. But if he does the same to Jack too...he's gotta know it's over.

I've long wished for a happy ending for Jack Bauer. To ride off into the sunset and just live his life. Whether it was his relationship with Connie Britton or Audrey, working in an African orphanage or moving back to LA to just be a grampa...Jack's shown he not so damaged or "cursed" that he can't live a real life. He's done it a few times, but every time he's comfortable, duty called.

Just let him have his moment with Kate, fade to black, hit the clock and end the series. Two years in a Chinese prison camp for an accident is penance enough. Surely there's got to be evidence existing somewhere that will call off the Russian dogs and show that those he killed actually had it coming.
More+
Flag
Yeh that would be low of Mark to march Jack off to the Russians especially with a presidential pardon on the table. I, too want Jack to live a happy life but still kick ass when the world needs him. :)
Flag
Mark still has levels of douchebaggerie yet to be put on display, but even if decides to do the right thing, that would mean him personally crossing the Russians...and I'm not sure he's got the stones for that.

I just hope they don't decide to fake his death...again. Either give the man a full pass and let him retire in peace or kill him and put the final nail in this series.
Flag
It was a good episode, and this season is solid, but I just don't -feel- it. I don't know if it's the 4 years off, the extra time away from Audrey and Heller or the shortened episodes thus less character-building. But though the writing and acting are fine and there is less filler than before I just am not getting as hyped as I used to.

When I watched Chapelle/George Mason's honorable deaths, they hit home and I still find those episodes 2 of my favorites in the series.

I actually thought Kate's friend getting stabbed and (maybe) dying was more sad and personal than Heller walking onto that soccer field and getting droned.

Anyways. Personal lack of feeling emotions aside, this season continues to feel like streamlined 24. It's a fun bumpy road and Jack's character never gets old so I'll watch for as long as they make episodes. Margo and her son are a little more interesting than some past terrorists and I'm interested in seeing what strings Chloe's boss will continue to pull.
Flag
lack of build up!
the 24 episode model wasn't as rushed and yet I am glad it is back
Flag
I couldn’t sleep, so I “reviewed the tactical feed” (aka rewatched the end of the episode) and I realized that we saw Heller walk out onto the field, and then the rest of the shots we saw of him were on Margot’s screen. So Chloe didn’t have to simulate an explosion. All she had to do was set it up to loop the footage of Heller standing there to make it look live when it wasn’t. Kind of the reverse of what the terrorists did with President Hassan in season 8.
I am still not sure if Heller is dead or not…I have heard persuasive arguments both ways. But I feel like the way they did the scene was at the very least designed to leave his fate an open question, especially with the lack of a silent clock.
Flag
Chloe doing this in such short time and without her knowledge of the situation is like a scene form a science fiction movie set in 2000 yrs in the future of an alien intelligence. This is just can not be real even if we want it to happen
Flag
"Chloe doing this in such short time and without her knowledge of the situation..."

1.) Jack is psycho-amazing and forces the suspension of disbelieve basically every episode. Chloe is kind of like the hacker version of Jack - she does her basass-ness using computers.
2.) On the heels of that, 24's use of technology basically begins and ends with 'advance the plot'. Resultantly, any form of "technology can't do that" is "completely possible, and possible within three minutes" for Chloe. Since they didn't specify what the other two modules do, it's well within 24's use of technology to say that they are "the one that verifies that missiles were fired" and "the one that relays images to the pilot".
3.) Chloe gets an oddly high amount of screen time for someone who was unable to assist in the plot. It would make plenty of sense for that screen time to lead up to a 'she figured it out at the last possible second and worked a miracle that saved Heller's life'.
4.) It would give Mark an awkward place to be in - Chloe did a metric ton of bad-as-far-as-he-is-concerned stuff, but she saved the president's life. How does he react.

There is ONE major problem with this line of reasoning though - immediately after Margot pulls the trigger, we see the drone fire the missle, and an actual shot of the explosion on the field, in a wide enough area that Heller couldn't have possibly avoided it. If it were not for that 2-3 second scene of the ground bursting open from an objective shot and NOT from the drone's perspective, I'd fully believe the theory that Chloe managed to redirect the missile at the last second and fool the view of the drone.

I'm stuck believing that the drone did, in fact, actually kill Heller...and he wasn't given a silent clock.
More +
Flag
and though we've watched that "actual shot of the explosion on the field" people still thinks it is possible that Chloe did wonders!

unless it is part of the "illusion" and President Heller was just imagining what will happen to him at the same time Chloe was hacking that system.
Or... maybe Jack saved President Heller from the filed a second before the explosion happens! :S

Flag
I think the lack of DAMMITs in this season was done on purpose to build up to the moment he said the B word. That blew me away. Powerful stuff Bauer, powerful stuff.
Flag
Yes! When he said that I was like, "Oooo Jack needs to swear more often!" Lol! Loved it!
Flag
There was a moment in the Season 4 preview when Driscoll patronisingly offered to find Bauer a new role after being fired, and Jack's response was fantastic: "Thanks Erin... but I can find my own fucking job." *shuts door*
Flag
Who is betting on Ian betraying his mother and turning out to be Cross' boss?
Flag
Hooray the bad guys won. May be they will even escape as well.
Flag
I think this reboot should of started by showing us what jack has been doing and I would very much enjoy if jack became an anti hero that would make sense because the country has betrayed him and questioned his allegiance on numerous occasions and they have taken him for granted like it would be cool to see china or another country make him a citizen haha

Flag
I AGREE I think the writing has been mediocre they just threw something together no wonder fox president stepped down just stepped down lol I think the writers strike fucked the series up because after they came back it was horrible they were thinking of money instead of the storytelling
Flag
HELLER is OBVIOUSLY not dead. If you look on IMDb is shows that he is in 12 episodes. soo......
Flag
Or IMDB just sucks.

For every pro that contributes to the site, you've got some amateur who just fills in episodes.
Flag
As a main cast member, he is listed in the credits regardless of whether he makes an appearance or not. Plus, I'm sure he makes appearances in the "Previously on 24" part of the episode, and that counts as a credited appearance.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
An it not beyond the wit of the producers to make sure that IMDB included him in all 12 episodes.
Flag
Oh and I'm pretty sure I heard a DAMMIT when he was talk to Kate.
Flag
Oh man! There is hope right? Chloe somehow switched the feed and Heller survived. Ok maybe not but I'm still hoping. Not everyone gets a silent clock but I thought Heller would be important enough to get one. Maybe they are saving it. Anyway great episode and I got all sorts of choked up during the picture of the beach scene. As for Jack's Presidential Pardon.....I wonder how that will play into Mark's plans with the Russians. Hmmm?
Flag
She said the drone feed was impenetrablle.
Flag
I know. Even when Jack shot Chapelle (sp?) I was still hoping there was someway out of that too. :)
Flag
I was going to skip it due to coming home late and having other tasks (blah!) to do. Anyways, decent episode until the crazy ending. Dang. Ouch, I wouldn't Jack to cut my arm. :P
Flag
I like Heller but he's dead. He's a man of morals and integrity and honor. Please remember that way back in season 5 he sacrificed himself to keep Christopher Henderson and president logan from using him as leverage to get the evidence that implicated Logan in president Palmer's assassination. In that season he drove his car right off a cliff and into the ocean (but survived). So this is nothing new for that character. It's still a shock to actually see it and realize that he's 99.999999% likely dead. But at least he went out on his terms and for the right and honorable reasons.
Flag
I love how the embassy had an unguarded fire door that just opened up on a busy street. Also wondering why Heller had to sacrifice himself at all since Margot could have just used a drone to target the embassy and taken them all out. I'm surprised he was put in a bunker somewhere for his protection. This is 24 though, so some things just defy explanation. It was a very dramatic and exciting episode despite the flaws in logic.
Flag
that is exactly what I thought when margo took control of the drones why not target where ever the president was staying im sure it is no secret also it was pretty stupid to think if the chief of staff called a staff meeting all the secret service would vacate where the president is ha
Flag
He wasn't in the embassy. This was made clear several times in previous episodes. I think he was in a hotel of some sort.
Flag
Wherever he was, I think it was still common knowledge where he is staying.
Flag
It seems that the whole place has weak security.
Flag
I think the lack of a silent clock, coupled with the fact that we didn't actually see Heller get blown to the ground (at least, not close enough up to confirm) and we didn't see Jack reacting to it, and the fact that Chloe was talking about hacking into the feed right beforehand, was designed to at least leave it an open question.
Flag
Even if Chloe managed the hack in the last seconds, there is no way she could have faked the video feed that quickly.
Flag
Time for Jack to go in rampage mode! Time to run up the kill and DAMMIT score for Jack Bauer!
Flag
No silent clock for James Heller :(
Flag
there was one DAMMIT used i think! around 12 mins when he's talking with Kate
Flag
I'm pretty sure I heard it too.
Flag
Yup its there
Flag
Staff
NOTED.

(DAMMIT.)
Flag
Is it just me, or was that one quick strike in the end? Was the drone hovering in the parking lot?
Flag
The only way I could see Heller living through this is if what Chloe found was a video feed protocol on the thing she was working with... and somehow just patched in some footage to fake them out... though I HIGHLY doubt it. The episode was good and so far this season is much better than the previous 2...I hope its ratings and reviews are enough to maybe get another season or 2 out of it.... even if it's a mini-season like this.
Flag
That would be stupid if they did that.
Flag
Where the hell was the silent clock......
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Carmichael Show President Trump
    NEW
    NBC
  • 9:00 pm
    American Ninja Warrior
    NEW
    NBC