A 24 Community
FOX (ended 2010)

Jack Bauer was thisclose to getting the last laugh.

After turning himself in to the Russians in exchange for Chloe’s freedom in the closing moments of the 24: Live Another Day finale, Jack Bauer was flown via helicopter to what we can all expect to be months (maybe even years) of torture in Moscow. However, there was almost an ending in which Jack didn't survive. 

Of course, in true Jack Bauer fashion, he would’ve gone down fighting.

“We went through so many ideas for that ending,” Kiefer Sutherland told fans at 24: Live Another Day’s Comic-Con panel on Thursday. “We thought, maybe for the DVD, Jack will pull out a hand grenade, and just blow [the helicopter] up. We had never had that kind of freedom before.”

Unfortunately, Jack Bauer really is on his way to Moscow. But whether we'll find out his ultimate fate remains to be seen. Executive producer Jon Cassar remained mum on whether they’ll do another season, but did give hope for seeing Jack again on the big screen. “We’re still talking about the movie,” he said to much applause. “It’s still potentially out there, so that’s good news.”

Would you want to see a 24 movie?  

27 Comments
Comments (27)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Big screen? Bring it!
Flag
I will see whatever they put out for 24 so long it's not a damn comic!!
Flag
A movie would be great, but it should be at least 3 or 6 hours long.
Flag
I think a movie would be fine but not at the risk of losing the 24 series story line. Keep the tv series rolling. It's great.
Flag
I'd prefer another shortened season to a movie. I don't think the format works well as a movie - we're used to long, intricate plots and lots of sub- and sideplots.
LAD worked well as a midway point between the old 24 episode seasons and a movie - it cut down on the extraneous fluff (i.e. a gazillion less important plots and details), it kept the action and the pacing tighter and more focused, but still managed to keep that 24 feeling of a complex and layered world with more time for plotting than quips.
Just the way we like it.
Flag
I'll have a movie or season 10 please and can you add a smoothie to my order, thank you.
Flag
24 is already a movie, dammit!!!! Putting it on the big screen dumbs it down for a "new audience". It's a continuing story that is superb as a long-form storytelling that is a series. Stay as a series. Being in movie theaters does not make it better. Just stop that backwards way of thinking.
Flag
I will take a movie but seriously, we need a another season, even a shortened one like LAD!!!!
Flag
Movie please!
Flag
Yes, please!!
Flag
The shortened season really works for 24.
Turns and reveals are reduced, which means less ridiculous twists and betrayals just to create enough content for 24 episodes.

24 as a 12-13 episode season will work for as long as they are willing to keep making it. Definitely give us new seasons over a movie!
Flag
I say no to a movie, yes to another TV season.
Flag
Do both, but not at the same time.
Flag
NO! No movie! We saw how that last movie turned out. Id rather see one final shortned season than a movie.
Flag
I'd rather they do another shortened season, but I'd definitely watch a movie if it came out too.
Flag
Of course they weren't going to kill Jack, they had to keep the door open for more TV or a movie. Everyone else's fate in the 24-verse might be perilous (even Chloe is probably fair game at this point) but Jack's arc will remain predictable and repetitive.

I'm sure there's a good movie to be made but how do you incorporate the real time/24 hour aspect? Redemption was an interesting prelude but it wasn't exactly action-packed. There're some tough decisions here.
Flag
2.4 ;)
Flag
I'd rather see more full seasons of 24 than a movie. The depths which the full season can mine far surpass what can be achieved in a 2 hour feature limit.
Flag
Full seasonas in 12 or 24 episodes? 24 is too much.
Flag
Just give me something.....a prison break movie or a season. anything!!!!
Flag
I would love a 24 movie but I would still want another short season too
Flag
Dropping it to 12 episodes was a mastersroke, less of the pointless filler sideplots :( BUT 24: Redemption sucked monkeysballs so lets have another series instead of a movie damn it
Flag
I'd take another season over a movie, but any 24 is fine with me. :D
Flag
Forget about the movie. Just do another season and please bring Yvonne back.
Flag
I'd watch a 24 movie. They could film it in multiple countries instead of just one like they usually do. Having 24 hours during the course of a 2 hour movie might be a little weird though.
Flag
2.4!
Flag
I would under no circumstances pay to see any sort of 24 movie.However I would very much enjoy a another season of the television series.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members