A 24 Community
FOX (ended 2010)

Better send your motorcade-attacking SWAT armor to the dry cleaners, because Fox has announced premiere dates for three of its upcoming series, and Jack Bauer will be back on your TV screen before you know it. The familiar countdown clock of 24 will start ticking again this spring, when 24: Live Another Day makes its debut on Monday, May 5 with a two-hour premiere. The limited-event series will run for 12 episodes—while still telling the story of a 24-hour day—and Kiefer Sutherland (duh), Mary Lynn Rajskub, Kim Raver, and William Devane will all be back to reprise their original roles. Live Another Day will pick up four years after the events of the Season 8 finale, with Jack still on the run and being hunted by the U.S. government. 

Also debuting this spring are new comedy Surviving Jack and new drama Gang Related.

Surviving Jack will premiere Thursday, March 27 at 8:30pm, after that evening's American Idol results show. The series stars former NYPD detective/vampire king Christopher Meloni as "a man becoming a dad as his son becomes a man" (good luck with those Stabler rage-outs, kiddo!) and is based on the book I Suck at Girls from $#*! My Dad Says Twitterer Justin Halpern. Scrubs' Bill Lawrence is executive-producing. 

Gang Related will also get a boost from the Idol singing machine, premiering Tuesday, May 20 at 9pm after the first half of Idol's two-night season finale. The action drama centers on the LAPD's elite Gang Task Force and stars Lost's Terry O'Quinn, the RZA, and Ramon Rodriguez as they purse the city's most dangerous thugs. 

29 Comments
Comments (29)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
At least he will not be saying 'Jake...Jake...Jake...Jake...'
Flag
Wait… they brought back 24? Why???
Flag
probably because other networks are pulling in ratings for their Summer shows
CBS with Under the Dome, ABC with Rookie Blue so I guess Fox wanted in on the Summer Tv and 24 already has a built in audience with its previous seasons
Flag
how will they solve this? will each episode be 2 hours or some other solution.
Flag
It will be like they did with the 2 hour special.. they didn't rename that to 2 as it was only 2 hours in real time.. and this will be no different... the show is called 24 .. but the return will be 12 hours long (real time) instead of condensing 24 hours into 12.. the whole show is based around the real time factor.

Flag
So damn glad we will be seeing 24 again. Nearly 4 years ago it seemed like a definitive end, yet nothing can truly stop Jack Bauer!
Flag
I look forward to the return of 24. I am happy to hear Mary Lynn Rajskub will be back as well. Chloe is a great character. Hopefully it will live up to expectations.
Flag
I only watched season 1 & 2. Might check this out but does it matter if I haven't seen season 8? Cant be bothered watching it just to be up to date.
Flag
For crying out loud!! Why bring back this relic?!?!?! The original was great for the 1st season, ok in the 2nd, and then sucked ass the rest of the way!!! What, having The Following come back wasn't enough suckiness for FOX!!!
Flag
I can't explain it, but I'm looking forward to the new 24. I don't know why, I miss it, even though IMO each season was worse than the last.... So yay! I think?
Flag
More importantly Jen's back, hooray! Her articles are so rare these days.

This new season of 24 sounds like a huge cheat; covering 24 hours with 12 episodes, that destroys the premise of the show. According to wikipedia the season will have 'time jumps' - not cool. 24 is just not cut out for shorter seasons.
Flag
My dad is going to jump for joy when I tell him 24 has a premiere date now lol
Flag
If you woke up this morning.....its because Jack Bauer spared your life!! 24 LIVES AGAIN!!!
Flag
They could have done 24 episodes for 24 again, just show Jack sleeping the first 12. Watching him sleep is still more interesting than some reality shows out there.
Zoe is back too, so Jack is safe.
Flag
Um, Chloe. But good point.
Flag
Actually, I think her full name is: Dammit Chloe
Flag
yay! an excuse to re-watch 24 for the umpteenth time:-) I wish 24: live another day was 24 episodes long. Since there are only 12 episodes, will they all be 2 hours long?
Flag
I wish it worked that way! The more 24 the better!
Flag
Yvonne Strahovski in 24? Color me excited.
Flag
Would this be a better way to convey your excitement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoS1MCF8AeI
Flag
Dude, when I read the description of Surviving Jack I did a W T F. It wasn't written ambiguously, I just read it poorly.

I initially read it as Chris Melloni is playing a Vampire ex-cop that's dealing with his son becoming a man. I was about to say W T F were they smoking.

But then I realized you were referring to his former roles :-)

Flag
I should ALSO add that I would SOOO watch the pilot for a show that stars Chris Melloni as a vampire ex-cop that's trying to deal with his son growing up and becoming a man.

I mean, who wouldn't want to at least watch the pilot for that.

He can do some wacky stuff... like my brothers wouldn't have believed me that he was the trucker in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle if not for IMDB
Flag
Premiere date for 24! WOOHOO!
Flag
Surviving Jack sounds like it would be a good name for this new season of 24, now that it doesn't actually have 24 episodes.
Flag
Hate you Homer. Was about to post something similar. I thought those were the sub-titles for different 24 events. Although Surviving Jack sounds like a SitCom spinoff of 24 with a laugh track.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members