A 24 Community
FOX (ended 2010)

In keeping with the time-honored tradition wherein TV networks use the Super Bowl to promote their existing/upcoming programming, Fox laced its broadcast of today's Seattle/Denver blowout with the first new footage from 24: Live Another Day, its forthcoming 12-hour "event series" that will bring Jack Bauer back to television to shoot people and blow stuff up. Set in London and scheduled to premiere on Monday, May 5Live Another Day will pick up four years after the events of 24's Season 8 finale, with Jack still on the run and being hunted by a CIA agent named Kate (Yvonne Strahovski). And now we've got our first look at it, courtesy of four tiny teasers and a more substantial trailer. Here they are:

Teaser #1: "Glass"

What is that, a taillight? And what's starting to catch fire? Gasoline? Or, errr, petrol, given that this is London and all?

Teaser #2: "Flame"

Fire is spreading! Sirens are sounding! Panic is starting to ensue! 

Teaser #3: "Tower"

Explosion near the Gherkin! Ruh-roh. 

Teaser #4: "Pistol"

Five bucks says that's Jack Bauer arriving on the scene. And based on his aggressive gun-cocking, I'm assuming he's pretty pissed off. 

And finally, the whole shebang, "Street Chaos"

Is it just me, or is Chloe rocking a lot more black eyeliner than she used to? Must be part of her new status as an Edward Snowden type. Anyway, shooting! Staring! Screaming! A car with a Union Jack on it and a red telephone box to make sure you don't forget where they are! Looks about right, doesn't it? Regardless, for as ridiculous as anything having to do with 24 can be, I can't deny that I'm looking forward to 24: Live Another Day. How about you?

85 Comments
Comments (85)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Bring more seasons out pleaseeeeeeeeeee, love me some Jack b
Flag
I'm hoping for a 24/Person of Interest crossover in which Jack Bauer and John Reese are engaged in a fight to the death for the prize of TV's biggest badass, until it is revealed that Jack is actually Reese's father. The Finch/Chloe shipping will destroy the internet.
Flag
O stopped watching during season 6 (I think), let's hope the previously on... fills in all the gaps. It will be interesting to see how they revive the series.
Flag
I loved 24 back in the day. Probably should have finished after season 6, season 8 was good but I found 7 to be the worst by far, mainly because of that irritating sidekick woman that I have forgotten the name of.

Is this still 12 episodes? Seems moronic to not have 24.

Also it's been so long that I am having trouble not seeing Chloe as Gale the Snail, Jack is in need of some salt by the look of things.
Flag
Can't wait for this.. Jack is back !
Flag
I don't watch any kind of teaser/trailer/next time for a TV show as there's so little surprise left in television these days I detest any kind of spoilers (I even close my eyes during the NCIS segues), but I'm hugely looking forward to the new 24 so just in case the pathetic, antiquated, nonsensical Nielsen rating system has now been fully replaced by a proper social media analysis assessment system I just want to leave a positive comment in here :)
Flag
Finally I can resurrect my 24 drinking game. Take a drink every time Jack says:

"Copy that"
"Don't fight it"
"My name is Jack Bauer"
"I'm a federal agent"
"I am not going to let that happen"
"I give you my word"
"I don't want to kill ____ but I will if I have to"
"Don't you move"
"Do it now"
"Ok, get back to me"
Flag
Its as well you don't include ''damn it''. Would be a long night haha
Flag
Damn it! Forgot that one!!!
Flag
It is the final countdown,
well 3 months
Flag
This was definitely a great spot on the superbowl. When I heard that familiar beeping sound, I got goosebumps.
Flag
That trailer was pure awesome! This has got me HYPED for the return of the greatest TV action star of the last decade... Welcome back, Jack Bauer. :)
Flag
I AM EXCITED!
Flag
Someone needs to look into Jack's sleep deprivation.

On a more serious note, I simply can't wait, although with nature of time, I am going to have to.

#JackIsBack
Flag
Does anyone know how long this event is supposed to be? I'm seeing conflicting number of episodes and i was just wondering.
Flag
It is 12 episodes. However Markkujuntunen is wrong in saying each episode will consist of 2 hours. They will skip hours in the day that are going to be slow. It is supposed to be 12 hours out of the next longest day in Jack Bauers life.
Flag
Pretty sure it's 12 episodes, with each episode spanning 2 hours in the series to make it 24 hours in Jacks life.
Flag
Jack Bauer returning? TIME TO KICK ASS AND TAKE NO PRISONERS!! AND IF YOU DO HAVE PRISONERS...TORTURE THE S#%# OUT OF THEM TILL THEY GIVE UP THE INFORMATION!!
Flag
They should had used Dr. Who's blue Tardis. [grin]
Flag
well if they filmed it at earls court station, there is an actual police box there so that could have been a small nod to it.
Flag
This is on one hand totally fabulous~~I'm a hard core 24 fan. On the other hand I have watched all of 24 twice and now want to watch it all again. I have no idea where I will find the time except to fall behind on all my other shows (no big deal), stop commenting, ignore my friends/family and get completely obsessed bingeing it again--is 3 times a sign that I need help? The only other show that I obsessively binged watched twice is Breaking Bad and The Shield.

If I disappear for a while then you know I got sucked into the world of 24. I don't cry easily over fictional characters but 24 brought tears to my eyes several times.

I know some people don't like this show and I don't judge them for it. However for me I get slightly obsessive about it. Ok, I totally nuts over this show.
Flag
I know right, I feel the same way, 24 for life
Flag
I will judge you, right after I finish this BSG binge and now obviously a The Shield binge. But then I will totally judge you.
Flag
You are not alone.

24.... yes
Breaking Bad... yes
The Shield... Oh god yes....

Flag
Am tingly all over!!
Flag
OMG!! jack bauer aka RAMBO is coming back. haha can't wait
Flag
OMG!!!! I can't wait.
Flag
Considering that Jack is still supposed to be on the run when this series starts, I won't say that Chloe will be in the field with him. She may go on the run to join him, but they won't technically be in the field. Can't wait for Jack's screams and actions this May!
Flag
So Pumped, cant wait to hear that clock ticking again and Jack yelling "WHO DO YOU WORK FOR!" agn! :D
Flag
I'm just waiting for a "DAMMIT"
Flag
"WE DON'T HAVE TIME!"
Flag
I didn't realize how much I missed Jack Bauer until I started watching these...when I finally saw him in the last one and he started shooting I got a great big smile on my face! I was excited for it before but now I can't wait for his return!
Flag
Jack is back! All hail to the king!

(no pun intended since it's set in England)
Flag
For the love of everything holy... WHY THE HELL IS CHLOE STILL ALIVE? Worst tv character. Ever. That being said, still excited for the show to come back, if only to hope that finally Chloe eats a bullet.
Flag
I have to disagree, the worst tv character by far is Rusty from Major Crimes. He is the only character that I fast forward through on any television show.
Flag
Are you kidding? Chloe ROCKS!

Flag
Sorry but she's horrible. But then again, so is the actress. Every part she plays is just as horrible as the last. But the role of Chloe is insulting because we're supposed to find her endearing. She's a whiner. Big time. In a non-fictional universe she would be squashed like a bug. Yet somehow her luck never runs out. Even Arrested Development knew that she was so annoyingly bad every time she opens her mouth that they made her a mute! Chloe is the benchmark against all other bad characters. Any time one sucks it's easy to say well, at least they're not as bad as Chloe. Or anytime someone looks consistently and pathetically angry (and constipated) all the time... "Stop being a Chloe!"
Flag
Ditto!
Flag
i mean i can't lie the final two teasers made me so excited. i'm trying not to get my hopes up, but they're already there.
Flag
Heck ya, i am glad to see this i loved 24 and the calamity that is Jack's lif
Flag
Jack Bauer is the best!!! And Chloe!! I want even more action than before and explosions, fights, bombs... All of it.

The following takes place between ... & ...

Flag
Intriguing....looking forward to Jack and Chloe back in action.
Flag
Yep, 24 has long been the prime example of ridiculous action series - and yet, I also seem to be looking forward to it. It's very probably nostalgia, and I quite expect the new installment to be as ridiculous as the last few seasons, but you never know. After all, it's going to be only 12 episodes, so this might make a difference ...
Flag
I am curious what they will make of it. Do you Americans also hear that the UK sounds (like the sirens) are so different from the US ones?
Flag
Chloe is looking BADASS!!! I bet there's some kind of story that makes her want to go out in the field with Jack and kick ass!
Flag
You know what I've always wanted closure on, or at least know a little bit more about? Mandy the Assassin. She appears at least twice and completely incapacitates a central character, then leaves. She's also extremely young for that kind of work. And that's all anyone knows.

I probably won't get answers on Mandy this time either but I can hope.
Flag
Let's hope she will be back!
Flag
Chloe's arc is a rather odd one. She began as the comic relief in Season 3, then every other friend Jack had exploded, and she was the only recurring character left. She became Jack's partner by default and gradually became more "normal" from that point, but for the most part kept the social awkwardness that made her endearing.

So I'm hoping this Radical Goth Chloe won't be too silly to take.
Flag
I refer you to my comment above, stating that I reckon there's some kind of subplot, that makes Chloe actually want to go out into the field, with Jack, and kick ass!
Flag
Just started a Rewatch a few weeks ago now on Season 2 have about 3 more months to watch 7 seasons.
Flag
about time fox figured out that sometimes they get rid of shoes before they should have.... can't wait for 24 to be back on the air, Chloe looks bad-ass as hell, Jack looks straight pissed, and shit is going down!im not the least bit worried, I'm just glad they brought it back!
Flag
I think they ended the show at the right time. After 8 seasons it was starting to get stale and Jack needed a break. That being said, I'm so ready to see Jack back in action.
Flag
it needed a break maybe but not cancelation. unless jack and chloe are dead, the show must go on. so a 4 year break is just enough to leave us excited, i say touche'. well done, good timing, we all still love jack bauer and he's not 20 years older, looks... exactly the same, and chloe got hotter. fucking A. i think they are doing the smartest thing you can do right now.... take an icon, and keep it going while its relevant and makes sense.... don't try to cash in on it when 50 more shoes fail in the next 30 years, do it now. just like heroes.... that ship was about 1 year from becoming too far to ressurect. but... do it while you can. who else is gonna bring back an old show? can we get al bundy back? lol
Flag
What's with Chloe as the Girl with the Dragon tattoo? Wasn't she, like, a geek and later a stay-at-home-mom, which is what made her an excellent contrast to an always just brute force Jack?
Flag
Spoilers about her: http://www.tvguide.com/News/24-Chloe-Changes-1076526.aspx
Flag
Aaaa... Nasty :(
Thanks, though, for the update :)
Flag
SO excited for this. I forgot how much I loved this show.
Flag
24.24.24. Never forget
Flag
I'll definitely watch this but Yvonne Strahovski will be difficult to take seriously. She has got to be one of the worst possible choices after years in a spy dramedy, in which her real co-star was various push-up bras. Shame they killed of Reiko Aylesworth's Michelle Dessler, as she was kickass when finally out in the field and would've made a great chase agent. Ho hum.
Flag
:) I'm so excited
Flag
Jack and "The Chloe with the Dragon Tattoo" + extra eyeliner! :-)
Flag
I thought exactly the same! Looks like our beloved former CTU employee is a Stig Larsson's fangirl :)
Flag
I'm so excited that I'm planning on marathoning through some seasons of 24 in anticipation :)
Flag
Chloe looks bad ass.
Flag
Words cannot express how much I can't wait for 24.
Flag
I loved 24, but this concerns me GREATLY!

Putting aside the obvious title tie in to the deboculous 'Die Another Day' which almost single handedly ruined the Bond franchise...actually, I can't put it aside because I fear it's going to follow the same path with the same results.

They tried to shoe horn in as much of the little things that made Bond great and pay homage to the past all at once. I've got a bad feeling that '24' is going to take the very best parts of each season for this little comeback tour of theirs. Problem being, it was always a show better than the sum of it's parts, because when broken down, the parts were pretty ridiculous.

Of course I'm still gonna watch every minute of every episode and curse when the clock beeps and fades to black every single time...but still worried.
Flag
It's a teaser pal. During the Super Bowl. It's supposed to get us all excited and nostalgic, so no surprise they stuffed all the good stuff about 24 in it. You shouldn't worry in my opinion.
Flag
My feeling isn't based on the teaser, it's based on the long established history of Hollywood milking movie and TV franchises for every last dime they can get even long after they should have been retired or allowed to rest in peace.
Flag
Another thing I am worried is that they just started filming last month IIRC. :(
Flag
Yup, I'm stoked!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:30 pm
    Judge Judy
    NEW
    CBS
  • 9:00 pm
    What Would You Do?
    NEW