A 24 Community
Monday 9:00 PM on FOX

In keeping with the time-honored tradition wherein TV networks use the Super Bowl to promote their existing/upcoming programming, Fox laced its broadcast of today's Seattle/Denver blowout with the first new footage from 24: Live Another Day, its forthcoming 12-hour "event series" that will bring Jack Bauer back to television to shoot people and blow stuff up. Set in London and scheduled to premiere on Monday, May 5Live Another Day will pick up four years after the events of 24's Season 8 finale, with Jack still on the run and being hunted by a CIA agent named Kate (Yvonne Strahovski). And now we've got our first look at it, courtesy of four tiny teasers and a more substantial trailer. Here they are:

Teaser #1: "Glass"

What is that, a taillight? And what's starting to catch fire? Gasoline? Or, errr, petrol, given that this is London and all?

Teaser #2: "Flame"

Fire is spreading! Sirens are sounding! Panic is starting to ensue! 

Teaser #3: "Tower"

Explosion near the Gherkin! Ruh-roh. 

Teaser #4: "Pistol"

Five bucks says that's Jack Bauer arriving on the scene. And based on his aggressive gun-cocking, I'm assuming he's pretty pissed off. 

And finally, the whole shebang, "Street Chaos"

Is it just me, or is Chloe rocking a lot more black eyeliner than she used to? Must be part of her new status as an Edward Snowden type. Anyway, shooting! Staring! Screaming! A car with a Union Jack on it and a red telephone box to make sure you don't forget where they are! Looks about right, doesn't it? Regardless, for as ridiculous as anything having to do with 24 can be, I can't deny that I'm looking forward to 24: Live Another Day. How about you?

85 Comments
Follow this Show
Members