A 24 Community
FOX (ended 2010)

Unlike all his enemies on 24, Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) will never die. According to TV Line, discussions surrounding a 24 feature film have gained traction in recent weeks.

Sources tell the website that Imagine Entertainment is considering a new movie idea but has to pitch it to 20th Century Fox.

Of course, it's likely that Fox will want to continue 24's television revival after the success of the recent limited series 24: Live Another Day. "We haven't had a specific conversation about it coming back yet, but I'm sure we will in the future," Fox Networks Group Chairman CEO Peter Rice said in July. "It's a fantastic franchise. I think it still has many more stories to tell."

Talk of a 24 movie first heated up not long after the conclusion of the series' eighth season in 2010. However, production was stopped in March 2012. After Live Another Day wrapped in July, executive producer Jon Cassar revealed at Comic-Con that discussions about a film are still happening.

Do you want to see 24 on the big screen? 

33 Comments
Comments (33)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Stop it with the movie talk already. They'll never come up with anything decent. As pointed out earlier by some of you, another series in the likes of LAD would be just fine.
Flag
If I have a choice between a movie and a series... series all the way!
Flag
I'd like to see a miniseries that takes place before Day 1.

Flag
A movie plus various mini series like Live Another Day would be a great way to keep the show fresh. It could all work together really well.

Flag
Long overdue. I believe it's going to take producers realizing they need to drop the real time concept. Let the story guide it, not the time restraints. We don't need a two hour movie about two hours. Give us a movie that takes Jack on the run across the world over a longer than 24 hour time period.
Flag
At this point I'd prefer another 12 episode run of the series. The condensed time was just what it needed. A movie might be TOO condensed.
Flag
Last 24 was absolutely terrific, so great to see it come back and come back so strong, I'm not against them doing a movie but I'd rather hear the news they've signed a 5 season order!
Flag
I can't say that I am overly excited about the news! 24 Live another Day was such a let down that I may not muster up the courage to attempt watching the movie. Make no mistake, 24 was brilliant in its day, but lets put it to rest now.
Flag
If they make a movie, will they still have the same main actor?
Flag
Much prefer to have a season like LAD...rather than a movie.. but both will be very welcomed...
Flag
I'm still waiting on the news and release of the Spooks film in the UK with Kit Harrington. Between the spy shows 24 and Spooks, I have to say that I prefer Spooks even though a lot of people will disagree, but the idea of GoT star Kit Harrington being a main character has me excited. the only problem I had with 24 was that it revolved too much around Bauer and old storylines and ideas were repeated and grew stale. A new movie will make it to a viewing, but only out of loyalty to the show and a vague interest.
Flag
Although it would mean changing the name of the show, they should make a few more seasons with reduced episodes, things flow better. I think 18 episodes would be ideal.
Flag

Oh no, they're gonna suck the life out of the show AGAIN... I wish shows would end when they were ment to end, and not when they become unwatchable... but that's just me I guess
Flag
Best TV series ever. No to Movie but absolutely yes to another season on TV or 2 or 3 !!!
Flag
I don't see it working as a movie but I could be wrong. Even the shortened season was cheating
Flag
Just bring back Kate!
Yvonne Strahovski is the best
Flag
She's the most suitable woman for Jack. Over the years Jack was always pining after Audrey but I didn't like her. And it's too bad Renee was killed. And I don't think Jack should end the way he did; being in a Russian gulag.
Flag
I prefer a season 10,11,12,13... I want more Jack Bauer and Action. please dont wait years to make another season
Flag
I don't care what it is! I just want something! :)
Flag
I hope they either do a movie or another season. I'm not satisfied with the ending of Live another Day. I want Jack to get a happy ending.
Flag
Never gonna happen
Flag
You're probably right. I just don't like them leaving it at him being tortured in Russia. I preferred the ending of season 8, it wasn't a happy ending but at least he was free.
Flag
I'd rather see Season 10, then a movie. I like that idea - seems others do too - one more season of Jack and then a huge crazy movie to close it all out. Hope they bring back Kate from this year - she was great! Closest they've ever come to doing a female version of Jack - and doing it right.
Flag
Yeah, i would love a movie because the budget would be bigger so they can do more but a season would be awsome also becaus i would have at least 12 weeks of jack throwing women out a window, YEEEEEEE DOGGIES
Flag
NO! A movie is not a good idea. Just do one more shortened season, and then end the show for good.
Flag
These 24 movie rumors have been going on for almost a decade now. If they didn't make a movie when the show was at the height of it's popularity I doubt they are going to make one now. 24 works better as a series anyway.
Flag
If this ends of being a one or other scenario where it's a movie or another season, I'd rather have the season. 24's unique format obviously separates it from other shows, where 24 as a movie is really just another political thriller. Granted I'd still go see the movie version.
Flag
They need to lock up Strahovski. Her characters backstory aside from the units and squads he was on is nearly identical to Jack's. Have a movie or another season with her in it and lead that into her taking the reigns. You could even keep Chloe and everything. I think Fox is making a mistake if they don't do this.

However perhaps not because I want her to be Ms. Marvel.
Flag
Not enough big boobs to play Ms. Marvel.
Flag
That can be faked. Facewise the are few that look the part as much as she does.
Flag
She was excellent.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members