A 24 Community
FOX (ended 2010)
I apologize for the length of time it takes for this post to load. As it is a GIF Party, that particular animated image is a sizable piece of data that slows things down when they are used in succession as they are here. But without all the GIFs...it wouldn't be a GIF PArty! So load the page, go grab a coffee, or some dry toast, or poach an egg - then come back to see the page fully loaded!

And please give the author and the story a HEART if you enjoyed this piece of amateur work! Our pay is your HEARTS!

Don't you hate pretentious parties? Me too, but you should see the mini pot pies and jumbo shrimps! So good. The champagne was free and I tipped the bartender $20 and he is slipping me Duck Fart shots when no one was looking. Anyway, a LOT happened between 4pm and 5pm so let's get started.

Navarro and Erik survived the ambush...

...and the CIA is busy picking up the mess and what was left of their pride. President Heller has seen about enough ineptitude and with the British PM breathing down his throat, he decides maybe Jack's offer wasn't so bad after all. He gives Navarro the order, and it went something like this: "Give Jack everything he needs." And when he says he wants Kate (awwwww - don't we all!) he tells Navarro that "...if he wants her and needs her - he gets her!" How often I told my daddy to tell that to prospective prom dates!

Meanwhile, it is just a typical tea time afternoon at the Al-Harazi home.

Margot recovers the voicemail of Naveed’s phone. Unfortunately for his sister, Farrah (and her daughter), she was alerted to pack her $h1t and get ready for a trip. Margot demands Simone find out what she knows – and if it is too much, dispose of the problem. That means slaughter them both in case I was being too cryptic (sorry!)

Jack is preparing his playthings.

Mark drops in for a visit, not concerned about drones or murders or the President’s safety. No. He is worried about Jack being interested in Audrey’s fine booty. Insecure much! Jack assures him that even if he survives this little mission, he will be heading right to the Big House afterwards – so he has nothing to worry about. Jack must be mellowing because he shot out some platitudes trying to alleviate Mark’s worries that Audrey and he could still be a thing.

But before we can feel too sorry for Mark and his low self-esteem, he gets a call from the Russians regarding an arrangement he had in place to deliver a previously in custody Jack.

Obviously, since he was the one to sign the President’s name, he wants to keep this little arrangement hush hush.

Jack and Kate make their way to the arms dealer he knows, Karl Rask. This guy had direct deals with Margot and it just so happens Jack has worked for him for the last 2 years. The plan is to offer up Kate as a peace offering – nothing like a CIA agent for the guy who has everything. The idea would be for Kate to be knocked out on propofol to make her unavailable for interrogation. The risks are significant and Jack leaves the choice to Kate. Then this happens.

The look on Jack’s face is absolutely priceless. The scheme begins. I believe we have the new Jack Bauer, everyone. But her best badassery is yet to come.

All goes according to plan except for one thing: Rask has a drug that will counter act the propofol, allowing them to interrogate Kate. And by interrogate, I don’t mean politely talk to.

Jack’s buddy Belcheck is perched watching the events unfold through a scope. Unfortunately, because the British PM is aware Heller has Alzheimer’s, he orders MI-5 to follow Jack and Kate’s plan. They don’t understand that Belcheck is there to prevent the plan from going pear shaped.

After taking out Jack’s support, they prepare to storm Rask’s place. The entire plan revolved around Rask accessing his bank account (to insure his money was safely in the account Jack had established.

If MI-5 rushes in, the plan is FUBAR. And just as he is about to hit ENTER – they do just that. Though, Kate would have to admit she is glad she isn’t seeing the business end of that drill.

This is where things get good. I need two GIFs to cover Kate’s awesomeness.

Jack not only manages to not get shot…

…he also manages to save the plan.

Chloe now has access to Rask’s account and hopefully information on the Al-Harazi transactions. Unfortunately, the escape plan Rask had was hugging a hand grenade.

Simone has been chatting up Farrah and her daughter and is convinced they know nothing. She believes Naveed was acting strange due to marital issues. Margot, the cold bitch she is, instructs Simone to off them both just the same. Simone hesitates, however. She pulls out the handy brain sticker, but tells Farrah to grab her daughter and run. Of course, Farrah insists on just freaking out and Simone almost accidentally guts her (if that is even possible).

The little girl sees it all. She takes off running with Simone chasing. Unfortunately for her, she brought a knife to a bus fight and is knocked to the street, unconscious. Margot will not be pleased.

We zip into the spilt screens!

Chloe searches Rask’s bank data. Jack and Kate escape. Margot formulates a plan to eat live kittens. Heller knew there was something he forgot to tell the PM. And then forgot who he needed to tell what he forgot.

A shadowy figure moves to the roof of a building, slipping a battery into a cell phone. It is Navarro. He concerned his IT guy is digging too deep into the Adam Morgan espionage files. There is a risk the planted evidence against him will be discovered as a fraud.

We have found our mole!

Until next hour, gang!

*Edshrinker*
38 Comments
Comments (38)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jun 09, 2014
Jacks face WAS awesome
Flag
Jun 09, 2014
You don't see people shocking him often.
Flag
Jun 08, 2014
Loved Kate taking down the bad guy. Probably not the way he'd have liked her legs to be wrapped around him, he he. Also the PM's assistant was waaaay too helpful.
Flag
Jun 08, 2014
Yvonne is just too beautiful. Yet she is doing cold fish bad ass instead of femme fatale' really well. No one could ever be as good as Kiefer in this role, but I sure wouldn't mind a Kate centered version of 24. She really pulls it off.

Yeah - they don't have time to play coy with all the potential bad guys. That season is already half over, DAMMIT Chloe! (in my best Jack voice): "We're running out of time!!!"
Flag
Jun 05, 2014
I think you meant that the British PM is breathing down Heller's NECK, not throat.
I'm not usually one to correct someone but breathing down his throat would be more like mouth-to-mouth. And since we are talking about Stephen Fry here, well that could have all sorts of unfortunate implications.

Jack's expression when Kate sticks the syringe in her own neck. Priceless! Looks like he's found someone as insane as he is.
Flag
Jun 05, 2014
I combined metaphors there!

"Breathing down neck" "Jumping down his throat"

Funny. I am leaving it as is - just too silly
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
I never understood why they didn't use a nipple twist on Kate as torture.

Flag
Jun 05, 2014
They did but it was censored out. Damn American network rules :-)
Flag
Jun 05, 2014
We will have to wait for the region 2 DVD set ......
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
A Purple Nurple?

What - if she doesn't talk, noogies next?
Flag
Jun 05, 2014
Hah, learned two new urban words!

Both do does look much better on her than the drill, especially my suggestion :-)
Flag
Jun 05, 2014
Vee have vays to make you talk
Flag
Jun 09, 2014
At least they did not fetch 'The comfy chair' :)
Flag
Jun 05, 2014
No, not the dentist act.........
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
Simone obviously had her doubts about her mothers directions. She didn't want to kill her sister in law and kid, it was just another piece building up some kind of break. When she awakes in the hospital, will she be converted? If so, and if that changes the playing field I will be disappointed.

Loved your remark about Simone bringing a knife to a bus fight. It also wouldn't have mattered if she had brought a kalasnikov. A tank might have done the job.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
That little pig sticker had no effect on the bus whatsoever.

I wonder if loving Mum will be sneaking into the hospital to kill her own daughter? After she eats a baby seal.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
I'm curious what they will do with Belcheck (Bauers help) as he was taken down by MI5 pointing a (probably illegal) gun at people.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
I would imagine he is as wanted as Jack. Jack will probably bargain for his release. The Prez says - what he wants and needs - he gets!
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
Thanks @edshrinker, nice to see the pictures/videos again. I'm not sure how slow your line is, but mine had no problem in loading the post.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
Laptop WiFi. But Time Warner Road Runner which is fast. Mine loads quickly - but I have heard complaints. I reduced the GIFs to 512x288 and it seems to help.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
This episode was almost a by the numbers callback to what makes 24 one of the greatest shows ever. This episode felt so nostalgic for some reason.

Moments like Jacks infiltration plan going wrong, even though he suspected it would.
Interference from an outside source that helps and harms at the same time
Good old torture. although Kate was on the receiving end.
Navarros villain turn
Tech analyst who finds an 'anomaly' and inadvertently puts themselves in danger.
Assasination gone wrong because of feelings (Simone) and then getting injured so that it delays Jack or when he does find her he will have to use some insane method to get answers out of her.
Chief of staff doing duplicitous things for the 'greater good/personal resentment
There where more but these things are like 24 lore.
Only 24 can be ridiculous and exceptional at the same time.
The grenade part lol
I am liking the stuff with Kate. She is the one new element to this season amidst all the welcome famiiarity.
My Kate is a mole theory seems to have been shot down in this episode but the more likeable and brilliant they make her the bigger the twist will be..There is always a 2nd mole. But for now im enjoying her team up with Jack and realising her potential for her own spin-off.

More+
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
Klaus - your comments are the best. You do a much better recap of the important things than I do.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
I am wondering if they do twist Kate - her hubby and her have been working all along to root out an evil at the CIA. Typical "rogue hero" stuff Jack would do - like he is betraying everyone bu actually it is done for the greater good. If I wouldn't have heard they want to spin off the show without Jack - I'd still suspect Kate. But Yvonne has the charisma and badassness to take this rile over - it would be a waste to have her a one season villain.

Anyone else realize Dexter Morgan = Kate Morgan. I wonder if she is a poisoner?
Flag
Jun 05, 2014
I have a hard time picturing her as a badass like Jack is. Will she be able to break arms/fingers, kill, put others in danger etc? It needs a special kind of jerk to be able to. It seems like a men for that role is more acceptable.
Flag
Jun 05, 2014
I think you have your answer with what she did with this guy.

Unarmed, cuffed, on his knees.

Then offered him up to a rival gang if he didn't talk.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
Good summary of a lot of the ever present 24 issues.

I still hate it when someone interferes with Jack plans, even how bad they are. That UK pm should stick to presenting QI. He is brilliant in that role.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
Someone said it here before - Jack's villains are usually anyone who is NOT him or Chloe. They all end up screwing him up.

Although - the intervention did save Kate from a drill in the eye.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
"The look on Jack's face was priceless" yes it was! I bet he was like "I have found my soul mate." What would have made Kate's takedown of henchman with the drill even more bad ass was if she was blindfolded! As always I love an excuse to get all dressed up and act pretentious! Until next week Ed. *Raises glass with pinkie up and takes a sip* ;)
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
Since Kiefer said he's done after this one - I am convinced we have the Spinoff character. We are getting too many scenes that are Kate when they normally Jack.

But it is 24. The rug could get yanked.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
That rug under the pair when they make that kid which will give us the spin-off in twenty years?
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
Um...

Maybe?
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
Here here good woman. A toast to our physical perfection and endless wealth.

Huzzah!

I wanted her to use the drill right in his eye. Might have been too much for the network.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
I love 24 but Kate jamming the syringe in her neck was beyond stupid!
Once Navarro told IT guy to stop looking into the info, he went to the top of the mole suspect list so that last scene wasn't surprising.
Regardless, I love 24 and Jack is the ultimate hero!
Thanks Eddy!
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
The same for me. The moment Navarro told IT guy not to pursue the lost info on the partition we knew due to 24-rules he was crooked in some way.

I am not sure that getting Kate's husband convicted for his crimes makes him the mole, but it will certain make him a central part in some conspiracy. I do not belive he is connected to Al-Harazi but to the Russians.

Now we only have 12 hours, will they give us a real mole that informs Al-Harazi? I have no candidate yet except for the dubious female help of the UK prime minister.
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
She did seem a little too "helpful" - didn't she?
Flag
Jun 04, 2014
Yeah "Hey you know that possibly revealing information that almost exposed the whole CIA?If you could just sit on that new info for me, that'd be great."

Yeah - ask Michael Jackson how safe propofol is.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members