A 24 Community
FOX (ended 2010)

BYOD, y'all!

There is a old skit from SNL called the Superfans, where 3 Chicago Bear fans would discuss all the things you could pit against former coach Mike Ditka – that would result in failure. “Dit-ka” would always win. Well, if you ever wondered what would happen if you put a drone and Jack Bauer against each other, we now have our answer. As if there was any doubt.

We open with the aftermath of the shootout.

I wonder how Kate feels about Jack being pissed MI-5 busted up their little plan – since that intervention was the only thing that saved her from an intimate encounter with a drill. Regardless, Chloe informs them of intel about a VIP accident victim. As we saw at the end of the last hour: Bus – 1 Simone – 0

Unfortunately, the EMT also contacts mum about the accident, which means she will shortly find out Yasmine is alive and that Simone initial intent was to get both her and her sister-in-law out of dodge instead of killing them. There is going to be a race between Bauer and Margot as to who will get to Simone first.

No great surprise here. Old “Double-Cross” is the man on the other end of the phone with Navarro. We do find out it was indeed Navarro who released sensitive information to the Chinese and then framed Adam Morgan for the deed. And as Cross reminds him, he is being well paid for his assistance.

Despite being warned off, Jordan Reed is still digging into the data. Although Navarro does hesitate in ordering a drastic solution to the Jordan problem, the snake does indeed go through with it. He sends Jordan into the field to complete a dead drop. Which is code for – “I am sending someone to shoot you”.

Kate and Jack arrive at the hospital. Kate goes off to talk to Yasmine and is encouraged to find out that Simone was initially trying to get her and her mum to leave town. She tells Jack, who is once again able to convince a doctor to risk the life of a patient and wake her despite her injuries. She may have been willing to save Farrah and Yasmine, but she is not willing to give up her mum. So Jack goes to plan B.

Poor pinky hole!

Margot’s contact in the hospital gives her the scoop on Simone’s betrayal as well as her location in the hospital. He loses a gunfight with the bobbies but his cell phone texts reveal exactly what Margot is planning to do. Which is this:

Fortunately, they had about 8 minutes to evacuate, though by the look of things not everyone made it out of the strike area. Not only that, but the drone Liam is piloting tracks Jack and Kate dragging Simone out of the hospital.

All I can say is, Liam is the worst shot ever. He shoots like a Stormtrooper. But the whole sequence of the escape is heart pumping.

Liam has one missile left. Jack hides the vehicle in a tunnel and then politely requests the use of another citizen’s car. He sends the former vehicle out of the tunnel, baiting Liam who ends up being way too pleased with himself.

Margot quickly spots the fake out, but it is too late to do anything about it.

The split screens bring hour seven home.

President Heller realizes the cat is out of the bad about his Alzheimer’s. He decides on a most interesting resignation – he is going to give himself up to Margot to avoid further death and destruction. He tells Jack he needs to see him – apparently to be the one to sneak him out to Margot.

Margot is actually feeling some remorse over the action against her daughter. Or possibly, she just feels sorry for herself that her daughter betrayed her. Or maybe she is just constipated.

We see Jordan survived the hit. From the promo for next week, he is going to be on the run for a bit but promises to be a fly in the ointment for Navarro.

The episode ends with a Skype between Margot and Heller. They want to know each will keep their word.

Looks like they have a deal.

CHLOE's LAPTOP:

• Speaking of Chloe, she was warned out of her lair and had to set up shop in a pub with, apparently, excellent Wi-Fi.
  • Since this is a party, we have been playing the 24 Drinking Game. And I am wasted. We not only had 4 "Dammits" in about a 5 minute block but also got a "We're running out of time!!!" That is a lot of shots.
  • With that voice, can Michael Wincott ever be in anything where he isn't evil?
  • The subplot between Mark and the Russian ambassador went to another level. It is a "give us Bauer" or "we reveal your treason" deal.
  • Both Liam Al-Harazi and Navarro's assasin really need to go to a shooting range
  • Did that fact that Kate strapped on Jack's Murse (the Jack Sack) signify a "passing of the fedora" of Indiana Jones fame?

See you next hour!

- Edshrinker
39 Comments
Comments (39)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jun 12, 2014
Silly episode reminded me of Grand Theft Auto , can't wait to see Jack steal a manual unleaded car Dammit! Could done with more of London's sites blown up (Buckingham Palace , Westminster) . Nice twist at the end with Double Cross suspect they is somebody higher up running things. Suprised that Jordan survived the toxic canal rather then the gunshot. Looking forward to next week jack grand theft auto London Style!
Flag
Jun 12, 2014
LOL. He survives the gunshot but dies from Staph infection from the Canal water.
Flag
Jun 11, 2014
Not a dull moment.

Heller wants to go out a hero instead of fading away from illness. Problem is that he probably can't trust Margot.

"Shoots like a Stormtrooper!" brilliant.

More likely, Margot feels bad about letting Simone get away.

That Russian needs to get another barber. Preferbly one that isn't blind.

If they do do a spin-off with Kate, she needs to up the cheese-cake factor. That was a big part of what made Chuck so great.
Flag
Jun 11, 2014
The way they interspliced the pic of young Simone and Margot - I think they were implying she felt bad that she WILL try to kill her daughter no matter what. I am sure she would rather not. But sentiment won't stop her.

That beard was THE SHIT! Only a large Russian man could pull that off.

IDK about cheesecake. Now - I'd LOVE to see her go undercover as a hooker. But it wouldn't really do to have 24 do the things a comedy did. But there has to be room for all sorts of outfits is she needs to infiltrate (my pants) by using a disguise. Sydney Bristow sure could pull it off.

Flag
Jun 11, 2014
bahahahaha this recap was hilarious as usual xD im glad you're still keeping tabs on the 24 drinking game!!!! LOL
Flag
Jun 11, 2014
They have been saving up those "dammits" and then just let them loose all at once this week. Well played.
Flag
Jun 11, 2014
Yasmin is a awesome child character! I like how she wants her aunt dead for killing her mom (good old family feuds!);-)
Flag
Jun 11, 2014
Thanks for checking in Vicky! You have been missed!
Flag
Jun 11, 2014
Excellent work because it felt heartbreaking. She really sold it.
Flag
Jun 11, 2014
I thought Heller would surrender himself to Margot if it came to that but since he is asking for Jack I think he (at least unconsciously) wants Jack to make everything right (aka: kill Margot)

Flag
Jun 11, 2014
They are both in for a surprise then. They have Heller getting ID'd by a drone standing in Wembley Stadium next week. I would imagine a missile is the next part of the plan.
Flag
Jun 14, 2014
I don't know about Wembley, maybe a drone strike at Lord's, during a test match! Would seriously liven up the sport!
Flag
Jun 14, 2014
How often have we wanted a particular player to get a missile right up the arse.

Phrasing
Flag
Jun 11, 2014
Do you think Cross & Navarro & the Chinese are responsible for all the freaking spam that invades this site periodically?
Flag
Jun 11, 2014
That was Chloe's doing while Jack was gone. She was bored.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Was it bad that I laughed when Jack tortured Simone with her pinkie? I'm sure it hurt but I giggled. Anyway loved the way Liam fist pumped his hit on the car. Was he thinking he was playing a video game? I also kept hearing in my head..."Stay on Target!" Maybe I should wait a couple days to watch my shows after a trip to Disneyland. I think I'm still riding rides....;)
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Jen - we'll have to give you a X-Wing code name. Red-6 or something.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
I did go on StarTours! I've always felt I needed a Rebel code name!
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
I am curious where the sub plot with Kate's husband and Navarro is taking us. Although on the one side I hope it will converge with the main plot sometime, I also feel that would be too easy. But, if it stays a sub plot, why bother?
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Margot now has climbed up to probably the most hated antagonist on tv for me. I thought about it and know why. She is someone who could be real in our life, there are people with the same hate and drive and possibilities. All the other series have villains who are believable but less believable to be a threat in real life. She comes very close to being real and that frightens me a bit. I understand why the writers/producers do it, but in this case I would have loved it to be a bit less realistic.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
I have done lots of evacuation drills in buildings with people who could walk. A hospital is a bit different as so many are not really mobile. That 8 minutes after he got the message, meaning 7 minutes after they saw it is too short for any evacuation. That was a huge hospital and even Jack c.s. never should have been able to get out. They probably didn't have more time to spend in the series, but that was real bs.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Well - to be fair they needed to get people out near to where Simone was but 80% of the rest of the hospital was OK. They did show a lot of carnage after as well - indicating many didn't get out. They only tried to evacuate. No one said it was successful.

They made a point of showing Simone seeing all the damage, dead, and dying
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Did that fact that Kate strapped on Jack's Murse (the Jack Sack) signify a "passing of the fedora" of Indiana Jones fame? Not for another five hours. The question if Jack will survive becomes more apparent. If Kiefer really wanted this to be his last and if they signed Yvonne on for a next, he will have to die. Ah, now I'm thinking about a pot I will not want to write.

Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Jack Bauer can not die!!!!!
Flag
Jun 11, 2014
He moves on to Highlander-the-almost-but-not-so-final-final-trying-out-to-be-a-sequel-but-first-a-new-series.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Jack will never die. I don't agree he has to to move on with a new lead. It would be out of character to ever show him beaten. I think the solution is him finding some peace and freedom away from the awful world he tries to save us from.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Oh - i am quite sure Dexter didn't find peace. In fact i would say his penance was NOT dying at the end. Having to live out his life as a tortured human.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Just like Dexter :-)
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Nah. Yvonne already said that is not an option this season. I do see Mark pissing off Audrey to the point she leaves him for Jack. Permenantly.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
He would make a better lumberJACK.

Sleep with Yvonne and you become an immortal lumberjack
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Another goal for Jack.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Speaking of Chloe, she was warned out of her lair and had to set up shop in a pub with, apparently, excellent Wi-Fi. We have excellent communications in Europe :-)

Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Sweet. And there was lots of beer on tap as well.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Oh yeah, UK pubs ..... We even have one in the centre of our Dutch city. It even has Irish beer (Guiness) on tap.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Have a Black and Tan on me, sir.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Unfortunately, the EMT also contacts mum about the accident, Ahum, they picked up the phone that Simone was carrying when mummy called to see how Simone was doing with her family killing.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Was that it? I actually slid back in after walking the dog and missed the 1st couple minutes. Just saw them chatting and assumed they used her phone contacts. Oh well.
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
Jack and Kate double team continues.
This episode did good work tightening the story again after last weeks slight mess.
Finding the subplots to be pretty good this season, maybe because they all revolve around the main plot.
Navarro and Cross are intriguing and of course there is ANOTHER person in the shadows pulling their strings. Cross seems happy to be the middle man whilst Navarro seems to realise that its going to end badly for him eventually and he is resorting to desperate measures.
Mark has gotten himself into quite the hole and it will be interesting to see how he maneuvers himself around it. Russian dude is amusing. We all remember what Jack dished out to the russians and this guy seems to mean business..He also has a spectacular moustache thing going on.

When the drone hit that hospital i thought it looked familiar and realised i live 5 mins away from it. Decided to troll through all the previous 24 episodes of this season and realised that many locales i have been to or live near to. Should have tried to be an extra when they were filming.. DAMMIT
Flag
Jun 10, 2014
You should visit. YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members