A 24 Community
FOX (ended 2010)

Make sure you give the ole' GIF Party a HEART before you leave. Consider it a cookie for the author!

I don't even know where to start. Other than to say - you better have a speedy computer because this took a lot of freakin' GIFs to do it justice.

Brilliant hour of 24!!

We open with the gang mourning the death of President Heller.

And the bad guys doing the evil version of a Snoopy Happy dance...

....until freaking Ian sees a glitch in the recording. Sonafabitch!

PSYCH!!

All that is left for us is the image in our heads of Chloe, beer soaked and testosterone saturated - looping the video while Jack scooped Heller off the pitch. All the the Al-Harazi gang saw was the decimation of a Hellerless soccer pitch. "Live Another Day" is literal for the Prez.

The plan nearly works, but the race is on to find Al-Harazi and the Override Device before Margot can utilize the last drone they saved from self destruct. Damn terrorists were actually keeping their word. But now they are pissed.

Although... Jack informs the gang of the plan and Audrey is pleased.

So the question is - can we find Margot's new location before she can use the final drone? With the data Chloe has, she utilizes the help of an old friend...

By the smile - we know we have a location. I mean seriously... when does Chloe ever smile? Cross is set up in his new digs - and Open Cell is able to help Chloe pinpoint Margot's exact location.

So it is Kate and Erik by land...

And Jack by air. Hey bad guys... you might want to look UP!

As Kate and company work their way up to the 5th floor, Jack is cool with wrapping himself with a high voltage power cord to swing down. Hey. It's Jack. No whoop.

The drone is on auto fire. It is on its way to Waterloo Station. While an evacuation is underway. this missile is fired. How long do they have?

Jack works his way down to the Al-Harazi's. I will stop with the silly typed words now and just let you enjoy:

Incidentally - yes the double "Sploosh" is intentional. Actually - I think Audrey's was probably bigger.

"Margot - you are in custody. You have the right to remain...oh Fuck it":

So all is cool right?

Hells no. This is 24. Even though we have half the time, we still have to have one bad guy peeled back to reveal the one Big Bad of the season. But to get there, Kate has to filter through Navarro's bullshit and find out about poor Jordan Reed:

Kate has a contact with the police that gets the prints of Jordan's assassin. She gets Jack the prints to run against a database at the CIA (love Jack's dark contacts - that could be its own series!). Navarro knows he needs out. He contacts "the middleman" Cross to get help on getting out of the country. Cross wants The Override in exchange.

I know you guys have crashing computers from so many GIFs - but this exchange is so priceless - I just have to. In my own words:

Now Jack leaves to take the call. Some reviewers might wonder why he would trust Navarro. Navarro is the STATION CHIEF and thus far has done nothing at all wrong or the least bit questionable. Unfortunately, for the Tech that has The Override - the info that Navarro was linked to the assassin comes too late. Which makes for a dead Tech and a missing Override.

Navarro tries to shut things down as he escapes. Unfortunately, Jack doesn't care much for rent-a cops:

SPLIT SCREENS! What an hour!

Jack tries to catch Navarro as he escapes with The Override. Mark contemplates how Treason will look on him. Audrey towels herself off and bandages her dad. Kate and Erik (I do NOT trust Erik!) see to their fallen comrade. And a car stops to refuel...

We heard Chloe say goodbye to Jack earlier. Now we see she has chosen to rejoin Adrian Cross and Open Cell. And her feelings go beyond hacking. Meanwhile - Adrian speeds off to get The Override from Navarro.

Holy crap.

- Edshrinker

91 Comments
Comments (91)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Gave this awesome post the 24th heart, because...... poetry, dammit.
Flag
agent kate bauer lol, she is definately one of jack's best partners
Flag
I haven't really looked at the ratings, but if this did will enough I wonder if they will do another season with Yvonne.

Renee was pretty batshit crazy too.
Flag
Bit late to the party here .. busy week and only just caught up. Just wanted to mention my wonderings over Caroline Fowlds (Miranda Raison) character. She is the assistant to the PM and I have a suspicious feeling her character may be expanding a bit soon.
Could be very wrong but she is a relatively well known actress and has been giving shade all over the shop (could be her acting style though ;) )
Flag
Thanks Charlotte! There has been lots of discussion on her earlier ...but she faded into the background a bit.

Great info and I am SURE you are right. Is she the "middleman" Cross talks about? I think you may have something.

In no way do I think that could be Chloe (well, not really).
Flag
@Klaussays @klotensen @Whedonrules @phxcowbot @Mirelapilipo @Vicky8675309 @JenMo73 @Woz22 @ashtray4241 @thepathologist @chrelle66 @danmat101 @Tigerbob @Rolamb

Thanks guys! These things take a ton of work (and a lot on TV.com's end too with all this data to upload) to do - but you all make it worth it! This was the best turnout we have had at one of these parties. Maybe word is getting around! I had someone from another site mention our bashes. Hope to see you all next Tuesday!
Flag
What chrelle66 said! You're welcome, Ed.
Flag
You are very welcome. It's the least we can do since you take the time arrange a party for us. We're glad you do.
Flag
HELLER lives... The non-silent clock last week should have been a clue but i was genuinely surprised at the twist.
Also at Margot and Ians deaths. Dark Jack is hilarious and his execution of the mother son duo was cold as ice. Quite the throwing arm he has.
Thought they would have a bit more air time this season but they were good villains while they lasted, especially Margot. LOL AT Michelle Fairley for having a character watch her son brutally murdered then be murdered herself next to him.

I wonder if Simone is alive.

Jack and Audrey..i am one of the few fans that like Audrey so let her 'Squee', 'Drip' and 'Sploosh' away over Jack. She is the one happy ending left for Jack. After Renee though i think the writers refuse to allow him that.

I dont like Navarro but his use of Jacks patented choke hold before escaping was funny.He should have said 'don't fight it',
I also felt a level of sadness when that cop informed Kate that Jordan was dead.
I thought he would survive and for a side character that before this ep i dint really care for his death adds gravitas to the ongoing plot and raises the stakes for Kate and Navarro especially when she learns the truth.

The Cross Chloe relationship was hinted at earlier but i hoped it wouldn't come to fruition, alas it has. I prefer them as separate characters but i suppose it adds more tension between Cross, Chloe and Jack.

More+
Flag
Audrey is running out of bodily fluids. She has been doing this since Jack just arrived:

Flag
Klaus excellent points all around!

Many have mentioned the irony of Ms Fairley's death. I would bet it was no accident they landed next to each other,

CIA is still keeping Simone alive as far as I know. But my personal feelings:

Flag
Lol at Marc throwing 'shade' Audreys way. He has done that about 5 times i think. Im expecting yet another crushing end for jack along the lines of when Renee was shot or when he was taken by the chinese.
Yea Simone is pretty hot, she may need gloves now but still..
Flag
LOL. She can only count to 9!
Flag
I just want to see her play naughty Russian bride again. Since she can't do that unconscious...

Flag
What an hour indeed!
Compared to Jack Bauer, James Bond is just very blond.
Flag
Where is Bond? This shit is happening on British soil and yet the Yank has to come and save the day! Although - I'd take a Bond girl over Audrey anyday.
Flag
I just saw George Lazenby on 'Legit' not too long ago, why didn't they bring him (my favorite Bond recognizing he wasn't the best but he was very cool in the best movie) on this show? That would have been meta-tacular. (He was funny as hell playing Jim's dad on 'Legit' in a few scenes with 'Cliff Claven' John Ratzenburger. That was another bullshit cancellation this year ed)

Keiffer has to want to keep playing Jack at least one more 12 episode season. This show has to be getting better numbers than 'The Following' ever did and its easier doing just 12 so maybe he'll stick around for one more go.

This is the second show this year where Kim Raver has been playing a woman who's married to someone she doesn't really want to be with ('Revolution' was the other.). She's a very boring actress and Audrey has kind of always been a boring character. Jack has to want to sleep with badass that is Kate at this point. She's the closest to his female counterpart they've ever created and bonus its YVONNE STRAHOVSKI in the role. Hopefully they don't throw in a last minute reversal of character for Kate.
More +
Flag
LOL!
And a big UGH @ Audrey - your Gif with her dripping and drooling and splashing was spot-on!
Flag
Girl has got it BAD!
Flag
Brilliant composition edshrinker - especially loved splat-sploosh-splat
No other show on TV could do that. Kudos to the FOX showrunners and to you for your summary.
Flag
Poor Audrey is going to have sex hair from just phone conversations with Jack.

Thanks @phxcowbot ! I don't think there is a show on TV that would fit this format as well. And I have become an expert at GIF making after doing this season! So much to play with.
Flag
Great stuff Ed. Love your work!
Flag
Thank you love!
Flag
Awesome party dude!
The "silly words" are a lot of fun. I like it when Jack gets "bad" and does stuff like disemboweling terrorists or tossing 2 out of the window. Nice splat sound effect.
I haven't seen any previews of next weeks episode but if I was Navarro I would worry about Cross double-crossing me and just straight up murdering me to get the override device.
Flag
I am really worried Chloe is the one after the device. They never went back to address how messed up she was over Morris and Prescott
Flag
After episode one I was worried that Chloe was a "baddie" due to what happened to her family and she had been wrongfully (imo) imprisoned. However after this episode, I don't think she is a "baddie" since Cross is bad and made that call but only when she wasn't around. This is the 1st episode where I was pretty confident she was on our side. However I may be wrong and as long as everything is good for Jack at the end of the season then I will be happy
Flag
I think she is oblivious now ...but will have to choose Cross or Jack in the end in order to secure the Override.
Flag
It would be ABSOLUTELY terrible if Chloe was the on after the device! However, if it was the Russian's fault for Prescott and Morris and she wants to enact revenge on the Russians then maybe it's ok.....maybe.
Flag
She indicated it was a hit on her ...but it was Morris driving Prescott instead that day. What I wonder - she said she was killed because she was the only one who knew where Jack was. Wouldn't that make Mark a possible candidate for setting up the hit?

I think they are trying to make Mark a good guy now though.
Flag
@phxcowbot

Mark was equally interested in getting the Russians to destroy Bauer at that time. And he committed treason signing that paperwork. I am not sure how they are playing him now (they are making him more sympathetic) but at the beginning of the season I thought they might go this way.
Flag
my thought was the Russkies Hit that - never thought of Mark. If it was Vladimir Vladimirovich, Chloe will take him out like leftover shark fin soup
Flag
Oh yeh. Navarro dies FOR SURE!
Flag
Kate has to find out about how her hubby was set up. And then kill his ass. I think she will be the one to do it in a "Baueresque" moment.
Flag
I hope so!
Flag
TV.com should get a dedicated GIF server!
Flag
I am actually totally impressed at what I able to do here are a User contributor. I mean - these are huge GIFs and in this instance I had 19 of them (usually I do around a dozen). They take a while to load - but this Post must be huge space-wise.

But I am glad you enjoyed it!
Flag
CBS has the money to pay for a big server farm - I am glad they give you access to it. Thanks Mister Moonves.
Flag
Damn right. All for more bandwidth.
Flag
LOL! Well we do play golf on the weekends.
Flag
and you give him Mulligans don't you?
and pretend you can't count.
Flag
jordan died from canal poisoning not a deadly encounter with the assassin also amazing Jack didn't electrocute himself with that cable, come on even John Mcclane used a fire hose.Jack has a great way of interrogating terrorists fly thru window. Wonder if Mark will call the Russians to get rid of Jack now audrey will run of with him now. Amazing the wifi connection in pubs in London maybe thats why it takes ages to get a pint . At least Wembley wont need a american football to bugger the pitch up Jack taken care of it LOL
Flag
That canal is that bad, huh? So he could have avoided that knife but would have dropped dead just the same? Brutal. That would have been a fun scene him walking back into the CIA and then just falling out.

"What's wrong with him!?!?"

WIFi in Pubs is better than my cable modem at home. Jealous.
Flag
Great GIFs man!!
By the way, I totally trust Erik. He seems really by the book fellow.
Flag
Early on - he was obsessed with Kate getting the boot. That makes me wonder about loyalty. But mainly - it is these looks he gives, very side-eyed at the info he is hearing. They seem to be playing an angle with how they are filming him ...

IDK, Probably just me.
Flag
Maybe you are right... After all it is 24, the land of double and triple agents. But still, he doesn't seem significant enough to double cross our heroes, specially when we already have a double agent and a mysterious benefactor on the loose....
Flag
I was just thinking who I'd expect the least.

Audrey is behind it all! LOL

Just to get Jack back in her life!

Flag
@phxcowbot

She is full on gush at this point. But if it is ooze than Mark gave her something.
Flag
drip or ooze?
Flag
Guess that makes two series that margo dies next to her son. what are the odds. or maybe the execs of 24 are "secretly" GoT fans...
Flag
i don't think the irony was lost on them. They probably wink winked and said - let's have her fall EXACTLY next to Ian
Flag
You know they did! "Nudge nudge. Wink WInk. Say no more."
Flag
KnowhatImean KnowhatImean
Flag
WOW!!!!! ED!!!! You outdid yourself this time! Epic Party! That gif with Jack and Navarro is exactly what I thinking! Your "silly typed words" really captured what wasn't being said. Brilliant!
This episode was so awesome! Jack was on fire! I love it when Jack does what Jack does. Makes for some entertaining TV. Oh and woo hoo for Heller being alive. Now where is my drink! ;)
Flag
Upsidedown margarita shooters in the parlour chair! You are up!
Flag
The November 2013 issue of Scientific American has an article called "Hacking Drones" with the subtitle "Fleets of unmanned aircraft may soon scan terrain for forest fires and deliver FedEx packages. Yet drones' security flaws allow them to be readily hijacked with simple technologies."

I haven't had time to read it yet, but it was quite chilling to see that headline just after discussing 24. Apparently it's not as fictional as we'd like.
Flag
That and the debate about surveillance

24 has always been topical. This was a show made about terrorism on US soil months before the 9/11 attacks.
Flag
the flaw is that the drones are only armed when on a specific 'kill' mission; otherwise it's strictly surveillance - exception is active war zone. No way would ten armed drones be cruising around Europe like Eurotrash looking for a nightclub. Maybe a pair in the air if POTUS or SACEUR is there, but that's it.

Flag
With the way governments are these days...

There are no armed drones that we know of.
Flag
can't argue that point
I tried real hard to believe this
http://www.esquire.com/features/obama-lethal-presidency-0812
Flag
Now, that was an episode!
Throwing Margot out of the window. I get why Jack did it, I'd probably want to do the same, in a similar situation. But isn't it a bit much, that no one in authority even mentioned it?
I think Chloe is the one Cross is 'working' for. She wants the device for hacking purposes.
Flag
We are set up to believe Crass is the new Big Bad. Great twist if it was Chloe.

But to use a Buffy analogy - this could be a Dark Willow set up. She is so heartbroken over the loss of Morris and her kid - she wants payback in a major way. She probably knows who did it.
Although the previews make yo think she is working against the device.
Flag
Yeh do you think someone might noticed her hands being tied? It may raise a few questions.....
Flag
Yeah. Shot in the shoulder and hands tied behind her back and no one bats an eyelid.
Flag
I guess Jack could say she jumped out the window. Distraught over Jack stopping her plan and her son dead - she wanted to join him.

Considering the death she caused - I think the authorities will be good with that explanation. Although Jack would probably say, "No - fuck it, I killed her. Deal wif it"
Flag
Yep, that's what Jack would say;-)

like we weren't all happy when he threw her out the window!
Flag
She definitely went willingly with Cross. But the question is "why". It certainly can't be love. Not after what happened to her family.
Flag
Maybe Chloe is undercover....someone mentioned it. Hmmmm?
Flag
As I said above ...they brought up the whole mess with Morris and Prescott being killed but never readdressed it. I think something is about to hit the fan about that.
Flag
In the gif with Kate entering through the broken window, I can't help but think that she looks like a muppet with a gun.
Flag
Kate does bad ass really well. But that was awkward.
Flag
Yeah. That whole sequence, they all look like a bunch of Keystone-Cops.
Flag
But with good aim. Once again - must have been Stormtrooper recruits shooting back
Flag
Thank for that awesome photo recap
Flag
My pleasure! This was a jam packed hour - that is for sure!
Flag
Damn, Jack knows how to treat terrorists.
Flag
Gitmo might have been preferrable to a 5 story fall.
Flag
Yeah but it was entertaining, lol.
Flag
I was waiting for her to say something along the lines of, "oh you can't touch me! Arrest me and I'll get satellite TV at Gitmo" - and then he tosses her.
Flag
No - I meant for Margot! LOL
Flag
I know, lol. Margot didn't count on Jack going nuts.
Flag
Whee, First again... Oh sorry, I'll come back when you're ready.
Flag
I just waited until he was ready, not sure if that's the right way to put some pressure on him.
Flag
LOL. DAMMIT....everyone I WAS RUNNING OUT OF TIME!
Flag
OK Chrelle. Had to redo some of it. But looks good to go.
Flag
NOW!! DAMMIT Chrelle! You're running out of time!
Flag
Sorry, sorry. I'm typing as fast as I can. :-)
I don't know what time zone you're in, but I just got up. It's six in the morning here.
Flag
Balls. Dedicated 24 fan! Although coffee and the Internets are always my 1st order of business in the morning.
Flag
Multi-tasking. I can drink coffee and read at the same time ;-)
Flag
Dammit - 1/2 the GIfs deleted. Not done yet
Flag
Follow this Show
Members