A 24 Community
FOX (ended 2010)

Please to remember to give the story a HEART if you enjoyed the bash!

Maybe it was just having to have my house fumigated after the last GIF Party, but this week I was persuaded to throw just a little, intimate party at my friend Kate’s house. Just some good wine and casual conversation. The problem is, someone thought it would be cute to spike the drinks.

The thing is, the party this week was mostly low key leading up to the ridiculous end. In fact, Jack Bauer wasn’t even around for most of the party. When he did drop by he had to fight off the crush of an old flame who is married for God’s sakes. But Kate was an awesome host and essentially this was her party from start to finish. We thought we heard a gunshot from the crazy neighbors next door, but I am sure it was nothing. They are usually really laid back, always in front of a computer screens. Probably just a bunch of harmless geeks with funny accents! LOL. Silly neighbors.

So here is what I remember:

The only chance Jack had to finish the upload of the Flight Key to Chloe was to give it to Kate after she claimed Jack was in her custody. The Marines have jurisdiction in the Embassy, so they took Jack, but Kate was able to slide out with the key.

She continued the upload to Chloe for analysis. They all trust Jack is correct and there will be evidence

Crazy, digit chopping Margot tried to comfort her daughter, making sure she doesn’t blame herself for Mum cutting off her finger.

WUT?!?! There is some blame to be had, but I sure wouldn’t blame myself! Margot felt like she made her point with Naveed and that he will follow through with piloting the drones. But Naveed has a plan to bring Margot’s plan down.

The download is complete and Chloe and Cross analyze the data. Cross sees something that Chloe doesn’t, and we get our first really good Chloe-ism of the season directed at Double-Cross:

They have confirmation jack was correct and the drone was hacked. Kate calls it in to Navarro and for once someone in authority does something smart… he agrees to follow it up!

I was so waiting for: ‘You’re a rogue, loose cannon Kate and despite all the evidence to the contrary I will consider this a non-threat and ignore it!” But this isn’t The Following, so the CIA phones the discovery into the Prez. The problem is, by the time he gives the order to ground the drones…

…the Al-Harazi group has already taken control of 6 of the planned 10. Freak out!! And Margot has a message for President Heller. Turn himself over to her in 3 hours or she will use the weapons on London.

Ping-Plop.

Mark has a bit of a mea culpa about ignoring Jack’s Intel due to his hatred of the man himself. He also needs to start backtracking a bit on the attack that has Margot so riled up. Apparently the drone strikes that took out her hubby also took out civilians – including children. This was a detail he decided to spare the Prez from. In all – the Chief of Douche is close to doing nothing right. We’ll get to his decision to let his wife anywhere near the musky smell of Bauer, later.

Never mind. We’ll get to it now, because he is here.

I’m not going to even get into how hard I laughed at these reactions. Mark is really a dumbass and if Audrey ends up throwing down with Jack again, he will have only himself to blame.

She goes in to see Jack under the guise of briefing him on the current situation. Interesting briefing technique.

Anyone dying to see these two kids back together were both squee-ing and screaming, as Jack chased her away before there was penetration of any sort. And oh boy. There would have been had they stayed in the room any longer together.

Later on, the Prez stops by. Bauer has an arms dealer who Al-Harazi has worked with. He believes he can ”convince” the guy to give him intel on Margot and company. Heller just wants the name, Jack wants to be in the field. For now, there is an impasse.

Naveed thought he had a solid plan. Embed a locator, an IP address, in the video that Margot released thinking the CIA would be able to trace it back to the residence and stop the plan. The problem is, he wasn’t as clever as he thought.

Ian has been watching Naveed closely and believes he can pilot the drones, making him dispensable.

The CIA is on their way to what they believe is the Al-Harazi hideout. Ms. O’Brian finds this all a little too easy. As the team storms a house, Chloe realizes the trace was a fake and they are walking into a trap.

Kate tries to withdraw the strike as a visitor arrives from the air.

For some of the squad – it was too late.

Enter the split screen.

Kate, who was relieved of duty for about the 19th time is the only one with any sense left at the black site. Jack is still locked in a room. The Al-Harazis are high fiving. And the Americans and British are standing around with their thumbs up their arses.

We close on the still secure Al-Harazi headquarters. Judgment time for Naveed. He begs for his life but will not be allowed to keep it. As a final insult, the question of how he was discovered…

Yeah. It wasn’t a knife to the brain but I imagine this hurt even worse.

All I remember after that is trying to get home.

See you guys next hour!

*Edshrinker*
17 Comments
Comments (18)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I am still going with it is kate's partner that is the mole. The way he is always throwin it around how she cant be trusted and wants here job before she is even out of the building??? Hes the one.
Flag
Erik is a job stealing douche and I am totally on board with that development.

I think he is following along with Kate's plan just to keep an eye on her and Bauer.
Flag
Oh man, I'm rolling over here! Great job as always. When I watched Aubrey's scene of catching a glimpse of Jack, I couldn't wait to see what you were going to do! Perfect gif!
Well the pony keg is tapped and make sure you guys don't pour to much head! Let's raise a toast to Naveed. It just seemed your wife loved her mommy more. You never had a chance of survival. *tear*
Flag
Thanks for the beer! They added an extra kick to the 'Ludes.
Flag
God bless the goodness on Naveed. May God damn his absolute stupidity.
Flag
Kate is no spinoff she is this seasons MOLE (A Russian plant). Mark my words. The constant alluding to how she was tricked by her husband(who sold secrets to Chinese i believe), yet the constant showing that she is the most capable and competent agent after Jack. Something doesn't add up. Unless she was the mastermind and just pinned the crimes on her husband. She also seems to have some kind of indirect link with Jack. (Maybe one of the many people Jack has ended over the years had a daughter or sister).
Flag
I've had the inkling that she is the mole as well. I thought maybe Chinese but I like your Russian shout out. They have to show up right?!
Flag
I loved this theory last week but I am changing my tune. The whole way they are presenting Kate makes me think WWJD (What Would JAck Do) and she pretty much follows exactly like the Bauer character.

@klaussays - I will eat humble pie if I am wrong. But I am backing off the mole thing and jumping on with Kate as the new Bauer.

I think Cross is working with Al-Harazi ...really pissing off Chloe. And I think the big bad is Mark - pulling strings.

IMHO
Flag
When it comes to 24 humble pie is not needed. Reason being, Kate could be a Mole and it wont be surprising but i am confident the show could pull it off. While she could be the straight agent we have been presented with so far and i am happy with how that is going as well.
Something about her just flagged my Mole monitor.. and i cant quite work out if this latest episode enhanced my feelings about it or made me doubt it. Which is a compliment to the show.

Yea i agree. Cross and Marks story's are far from over...And it woundn't be 24 without one of the presidents staff being shady. Again like with Kate this episode made Mark and Cross more sympathetic so im expecting a twist with one or more of these 3 characters in the future.
Flag
Well - Kate is definitely hight on the mole-o-meter because she is otherwise brilliant. But fooled by the one closest to her. Yet ...real life says that is pretty realistic - the closer you are the harder it is to see the whole picture.

Regardless... Hubby will play a part somewhere. Maybe busting him this time is Kate's chance of redemption.
Flag
Thanks for the party!
Flag
Thanks LOST! You get the feeling they are grooming Kate (Yvonne) to be a spinoff Jack Bauer? I mean - she owned the ep and quite frankly - I like her in this role alot.
Flag
Absolutely, been expecting that since before the season premiere. I read an interview with Kiefer Sutherland posted on SpoilerTV, before the season began. They asked him about additional seasons. His answer was, that they may do a continuation or spinoff, with some of same characters, but he was done. Though i'd imagine, Jack could show up for an episode now and then, if he lives through the season. Kate would be a good lead, to pass the torch to. I believe that this is FOX's plan for the franchise.
Flag
Good! Now I need to see Kate go undercover as a hooker.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members