A 24 Community
Monday 9:00 PM on FOX

TRUE LOVE NEVER DIES

... Kim Raver is nearing a deal to reprise her role as Audrey Raines on Fox's 12-episode "event series" 24: Live Another Day. She joins Kiefer Sutherland (duh), and the previously announced Mary Lynn Rajskub. If you're confused by the fact there are only 12 episodes when the series' entire gimmick was that it encompassed one day and each accounted for one hour of that day, I've got your answer: They're going to skip some hours. Huh. I guess that wasn't so confusing after all. [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... Sons of Anarchy's Season 6 premiere broke hit a series high in the ratings last night, drawing approximately 5.87 million viewers, with 3.94 million among adults 18-49. That's up from the show's previous best of 5.37 million viewers for the Season 5 premiere. FX's number people think that when the Live+7 numbers come in, the episode will be the network's most watched program in history. How many of you tuned in just to see Charlie Hunnam's butt? Be honest. No one will judge you here. [FX via press release]

... Chloe King Has One More Life To Live (that's actual ABC Family press release headline, guys). For the five people who miss The Nine Lives of Chloe King, you might want to make sure you're sitting down. Because the script for the two-hour movie The Nine Lives of Chloe King: Salvation (LOL), will be released online on September 13 at 9:13am (PT). [ABC Family via press release]

... Getting On, HBO's new series starring Laurie Metcalf, Alex Borstein, Niecy Nash, and Mel Rodriguez as the put-upon doctors and nurses of a Long Beach extended-care facility, will premiere November 24 at 10pm. The series is based on the British series of the same name, and is described as a dark comedy. I hope they don't mean that in the same way Nurse Jackie is a dark comedy. [HBO via press release]

... TLC has announced a premiere date for its new series Alaskan Women Looking for Love (this is not a joke), in which six ladies from Alaska decide to leave the tundra behind to look for love in Miami: October 6 at 10pm. I... can't. I really just can't. [TLC via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... The promise of Joshua Jackson (as a cowboy!), Ruth Wilson, and Dominic West would have been enough for me. But now that Julia Goldani Telles (Sasha from ABC Family's Bunheads) is joining Showtime's The Affair as Whitney, the eldest child of characters played by West and Maura Tierney, I'm completely obsessed with this project. The only thing that could make me want to watch it more is if Walton Goggins were to suddenly show up as one of Pacey's fellow cowboys (Walton Goggins, please call your agent!) [TV Guide]

... Amy Poehler will reprise her role as Bart's future ex-wife on the upcoming season of The SimpsonsTitled “Days of Future Future,” the episode is a sequel to Season 16's “Future-Drama." The episode is set to air this spring. [EW]

... If you've recently found yourself wondering what happened to Carly Pope, wonder no more. The former Popular actress has booked a recurring role on The CW's The Tomorrow People. She'll play Morgan Burke, one of the super-powered next-generation humans that give the series its title. But Morgan has found a way to conceal this knowledge from Ultra, the Mark Pellegrino-headed organization that wants to destroy her kind. [TV Line]

... Starz has cast Irish actress Caitriona Balfe as the lead in Ronald D. Moore's new drama series Outlander. She'll play Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is yanked back in time to 1743, where she is forced to marry someone who's most definitely not her husband. Surely there's a law against that kind of thing, right? [TV Guide]

... Emily Deschanel's real-life husband, David Hornsby, will be guest-starring in the upcoming Bones wedding episode as a priest. It's unclear whether or not he's the priest, though. But I can tell you that you shouldn't expect to see Emily's real-life sister Zooey reprising her role as Bones' cousin at the wedding; she's a bit busy with a little show called New Girl. To reverse that, you also probably shouldn't be holding your breath in hopes of seeing Emily play Jess's sister on the Fox sitcom. Man, this doesn't really feel like I told you guys anything at all. Sorry for wasting your time! [E! Online]

REQUIRED READING

Lavell Crawford, the stand-up comic who plays Huell on Breaking Bad, spoke with Rolling Stone after the events of this week's episode. And you should read it. Because I said so. And because who doesn't love Huell? [Rolling Stone]

52 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Caught on Camera With Nick Cannon Octane
    NEW
    NBC
  • 10:00 pm
    20/20
    NEW
    ABC