A 24 Community
FOX (ended 2010)

TRUE LOVE NEVER DIES

... Kim Raver is nearing a deal to reprise her role as Audrey Raines on Fox's 12-episode "event series" 24: Live Another Day. She joins Kiefer Sutherland (duh), and the previously announced Mary Lynn Rajskub. If you're confused by the fact there are only 12 episodes when the series' entire gimmick was that it encompassed one day and each accounted for one hour of that day, I've got your answer: They're going to skip some hours. Huh. I guess that wasn't so confusing after all. [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... Sons of Anarchy's Season 6 premiere broke hit a series high in the ratings last night, drawing approximately 5.87 million viewers, with 3.94 million among adults 18-49. That's up from the show's previous best of 5.37 million viewers for the Season 5 premiere. FX's number people think that when the Live+7 numbers come in, the episode will be the network's most watched program in history. How many of you tuned in just to see Charlie Hunnam's butt? Be honest. No one will judge you here. [FX via press release]

... Chloe King Has One More Life To Live (that's actual ABC Family press release headline, guys). For the five people who miss The Nine Lives of Chloe King, you might want to make sure you're sitting down. Because the script for the two-hour movie The Nine Lives of Chloe King: Salvation (LOL), will be released online on September 13 at 9:13am (PT). [ABC Family via press release]

... Getting On, HBO's new series starring Laurie Metcalf, Alex Borstein, Niecy Nash, and Mel Rodriguez as the put-upon doctors and nurses of a Long Beach extended-care facility, will premiere November 24 at 10pm. The series is based on the British series of the same name, and is described as a dark comedy. I hope they don't mean that in the same way Nurse Jackie is a dark comedy. [HBO via press release]

... TLC has announced a premiere date for its new series Alaskan Women Looking for Love (this is not a joke), in which six ladies from Alaska decide to leave the tundra behind to look for love in Miami: October 6 at 10pm. I... can't. I really just can't. [TLC via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... The promise of Joshua Jackson (as a cowboy!), Ruth Wilson, and Dominic West would have been enough for me. But now that Julia Goldani Telles (Sasha from ABC Family's Bunheads) is joining Showtime's The Affair as Whitney, the eldest child of characters played by West and Maura Tierney, I'm completely obsessed with this project. The only thing that could make me want to watch it more is if Walton Goggins were to suddenly show up as one of Pacey's fellow cowboys (Walton Goggins, please call your agent!) [TV Guide]

... Amy Poehler will reprise her role as Bart's future ex-wife on the upcoming season of The SimpsonsTitled “Days of Future Future,” the episode is a sequel to Season 16's “Future-Drama." The episode is set to air this spring. [EW]

... If you've recently found yourself wondering what happened to Carly Pope, wonder no more. The former Popular actress has booked a recurring role on The CW's The Tomorrow People. She'll play Morgan Burke, one of the super-powered next-generation humans that give the series its title. But Morgan has found a way to conceal this knowledge from Ultra, the Mark Pellegrino-headed organization that wants to destroy her kind. [TV Line]

... Starz has cast Irish actress Caitriona Balfe as the lead in Ronald D. Moore's new drama series Outlander. She'll play Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is yanked back in time to 1743, where she is forced to marry someone who's most definitely not her husband. Surely there's a law against that kind of thing, right? [TV Guide]

... Emily Deschanel's real-life husband, David Hornsby, will be guest-starring in the upcoming Bones wedding episode as a priest. It's unclear whether or not he's the priest, though. But I can tell you that you shouldn't expect to see Emily's real-life sister Zooey reprising her role as Bones' cousin at the wedding; she's a bit busy with a little show called New Girl. To reverse that, you also probably shouldn't be holding your breath in hopes of seeing Emily play Jess's sister on the Fox sitcom. Man, this doesn't really feel like I told you guys anything at all. Sorry for wasting your time! [E! Online]

REQUIRED READING

Lavell Crawford, the stand-up comic who plays Huell on Breaking Bad, spoke with Rolling Stone after the events of this week's episode. And you should read it. Because I said so. And because who doesn't love Huell? [Rolling Stone]

52 Comments
Comments (51)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I hope the script isn't the last we will be seeing of the nine lives of Chloe king I hope it does come back! Hopefully the series or the movie, just bring it back on screen
Flag
I enjoyed Chloe King enough to watch it weekly, but I'm confused about the script.. it is just a script for a movie that they decided not to make so they're giving the script out or will it actually be on TV and they're just giving the script out also for some reason?
Flag
Hurray for Chloe King? I hope it feels good to have a conclusion
Flag
No more "24" for me - and, sorry, I can't stomach that horse-face!
Flag
God bless Charlie Hunnam's butt.
Flag
Speaking of butts, when we were kids, my best friend and I used to play with another kid who had two holes in his. He turned out to be my friend's sister!
Flag
yes please!
it would be great to revisit the Jack and Audery storyline!
Flag
An impressive amount of news I don't care about!
Flag
I love it!
Flag
Outlander's creators have finally found Claire. Yay for Caitriona Balfe! I can totally see her as Lady Broch Tuarach. 2014 can't come soon enough!

Starz, please don't screw it up!

Flag
Shame Reiko Aylesworth can't be in 24, assuming it's not a prequel-ish thing, as she rocked when she was finally in the field. One of the best female power roles of the last couple of decades.
Getting On is very much a British style of dark comedy and the US version will never resemble it too closely for sure. The former being extremely small in design with a tightly cast ensemble. I can't see the HBO outing getting near it but that may not be a bad thing as far as it'll be something new to view. As for any reference to Nurse Hacky, no far coughing way. I want to kill that funt - imagine two conjoined swears there!
Ronald D. Moore's new project makes me think that this is going to play to bollox lineage heartstrings of possible Irish ancestry that some Americans have (or think they are) and/or love to sympathise/empathise with. WTF are you thinking of Ronnie? Even the Irish are going to hate this, just as they hate people who don't and haven't lived in Ireland calling themselves Irish.
Flag
Usually a wedding marks the end of a show. But they have to take care of Pelant first if they want anyone to keep watching. Still, I have a feeling this could be their last season.
Flag
The only way I watch that dumb, da dumb dumb show 'Bones' is if David Hornsby shows up at the wedding and is playing 'Rickety Cricket'.

Flag
instead of 24 they should have called the new show " Jack Bauer Chronicle " with this title they would have as many mini series or movies
Flag
Wow, congrats to Caitriona Balfe, a lead role is v impressive. She grew up down the road from me in our tiny little village in the back-arse of nowhere in Ireland. Good to see she made it out!!
Flag
It's Kiefer Sutherland, not Keifer.
Flag
Nice interview with Huell
Flag
Nice to hear that Sasha, I mean Julia Goldani Telles, has found work. It reduces the pain I feel as a result of the cancellation of Bunheads, but just a little.
Flag
I've been thinking about Carly Pope recently . I thought I saw her in Elysium and it made me wonder if she is doing anything new on tv.
Flag
I only care what happens on Chloe King if stupid Brian stays dead.
Flag
Are there plans to make the Chloe King movie or was it planned, then scrapped, so they thought to just post the script?
Flag
Since it was cancelled with the worst type of cliffhanger, they wrote it to try and get ABC Family to let them make it to tie things up for the fans, but they turned them down.
Flag
Geez, you wrote an entire paragraph about Emily Deschanel's husband without ever once mentioning his name, yet you somehow remembered to work her sister's name into the blurb despite her not even being part of the announcement. The bit should be amended to include the relevant info and remove the completely irrelevant info. New Girl doesn't need to be mentioned every time something even remotely tangential to it happens somewhere in the television universe.

He's David Hornsby, by the way, a.k.a. Rickety Cricket from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Flag
Staff
Hahahaha. Sorry about that. I didn't even notice. Thanks for pointing that out!
Flag
And that's what people really wanted to know? I only clicked on the article because it was 24 related o.O
Flag
Well, neither you nor I can know what others find interesting in the news briefs since they always cover a multitude of shows and projects. I'm often uninterested in the headline article but find others tidbits of great interest buried within.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that someone may have wanted to know who the mystery priest is and they wouldn't have gotten the details from the post as it was originally written.

Flag
He's been a producer on 'Its Always Sunny' for its entire run as well.
Flag
So, that means into 2015 The Lying Game Movie will be revealed! It's great to know Chloe King, has found an open story on their return as a movie... Since cancellation happen bring down the series with no real end to it... When The Lying Game fly right into action been the better series and story...

And it's great to hear Pretty Little Liars will never fall into Movie life saver to save lives... When it actually beats Chloe King and The Lying Game, with better source of material high rating series and given a spin-off series on top of it... If Pretty Little Liars will fall into open story movie? It will be to continue where they've left off and where are they now into life... It will not be some movie saver to save lives from an dead end road at all...
Flag
So catatonic Audrey is going to end up with Jack again? Ehhh, not sure I can believe that. Not to mention Jack put a gun to her daddy's head. Seriously awesome scene. Go watch it. Very end of season 6.

Flag
Who said it's a big role? it might just be a flashback or something.

Flag
I'm not sure that would be mentioned if it were the case.
Flag
They only mentioned Chloe is coming back too, we assume it's a big role but we don't know exactly what happening there either.
Flag
I love Huell. And Kuby as well. For a dark drama, so many fantastic comedians.
Flag
Saul is a comedian too outside of Breaking Bad
Flag
That was implied.
Flag
I miss The Nine Lives of Chloe King.
Flag
Me too! It really wasnt that bad. And now her poor friend is stuck playing dopey April on TVD. :(
Flag
I don't know that I'm one of the 5 but I just wanna know what the f happened. Stupid cliffhangers.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Caught on Camera With Nick Cannon High Jinx
    NEW
    NBC
  •  
    500 Questions
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm