A 24 Community
FOX (ended 2010)
Since Cory is doing the Reviews for 24, I thought I'd do something totally different.

Why not use these wonderful animated images and capture all the best scenes from each episode of 24? Jack kicking someone's ass is a given, but I thought I'd try to create GIFs for some of the coolest action sequences and include as much butt kicking as possible. Some scenes (like the last one here) just leave me slack jawed, hands on head and muttering "wut", so my goal is to trim and splice and manipulate and cavort until I can capture these little nuggets of badassness.

And since this is a celebration of the return of 24, please let loose in the comments with some of your favorite GIFs and join the party! They do not have to be 24 related (although that would be cool), just jump into the mosh pit and dance with what you got!

Once again, I just want to remind y'all to do all of us amateur writers a solid and HEART the post as an "atta boy" for creating something that you enjoyed!

Wait!? What is that I see? It appears to be a digital clock!!

First of all - for a man that was trying to get captured by the CIA, Jack certainly put up one helluva fight!

Of course, we find out Jack had no intention of staying caught and his true intentions were to get inside the high security organization in order to rescue Chloe. And any excuse we can ever get for Jack to break out of custody is TV GOLD!

Eric is pretty douchy. Definitely had that coming.

And just to show I am Equal Opportunity is showing butt-kickings, here is a sweet move by Kate:

Now that Jack is free to roam the facility, his one and only goal is finding and saving the lovely Ms. O'Brien.

Jack has managed to revive Chloe and begins his egress from the facility. The problem is, a rogue agent after his own heart is also on the loose trying to stop him. So how do Jack and Chloe manage to escape the CIA Black Site? Observe.

On to the Second Hour!

With the help of Chloe's "Hacktavist" friends, Jack is on the hunt for Derek Yates. Yates is looking to sell tech to the highest bidder, tech that can take control of military drones. He has already demonstrated its effectiveness in blowing up a convoy. Yates is holed up with a hard core, drug dealing gang. But Jack has found his target.

No one can gut a guy quite like Mr. Bauer

With Yates and his girlfriend on the run, Jack has zero time for nonsense. Kate catches up with him and I think you can see the seeds being planted of her becoming an ally. But for now, she is just in the way.

Yates and his ditsy bride Simone give our heroes the slip. But in true 24 fashion, the clock ping-plops out with quite the closing act. This is the jaw dropper I mentioned in the introduction...

Simone is actually the daughter of Yates' buyer. And apparently Margo decided to have her daughter acquire the technology in a more cost effective way. Nice Knife twist. That is one cold lady.

See you next hour!

*Edshrinker*

30 Comments
Comments (30)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
May 11, 2014
This is great! Well done, Ed!
Flag
May 11, 2014
And thank you!
Flag
May 11, 2014
I found some great tools to make these a lot easier to do. I was just worried I wouldn't have enough MBs here to post it! That would have sucked after 6 hours of work.
Flag
May 26, 2014
What do you use to make the GIFs?
Flag
May 07, 2014
Did this slow the hell out of my sh*tty PC which I clearly need to update? Yes.

Was it worth it? HELL YEAH.

Good job, Ed - we are now all expecting a GIF party for every single episode this season. No pressure... but no better not disappoint!
Flag
May 08, 2014
I have a new laptop, and there was a slight lag. Yeah - those GIFs take some warp speed to view. Sorry about that.

Let's just hope next week isn't 40 minutes of conversations. That would be some shitty GIFs!
Flag
May 06, 2014
Awesome job! So much happened and these are a great way to relive the greatness that was last night! Woot!
The knife twist seems more brutal in your GIF than it did watching it live! Ouch!
Flag
May 06, 2014
Yikes! I think it was the twist and that cold look she gave as she did it ..like she was looking forward to it,

(*shudders)
Flag
May 06, 2014
Great post mate!
Flag
May 06, 2014
Thanx buddy! Means a lot coming from you. IT was a lot of fun to do something totally different than my usual.
Flag
Staff
May 06, 2014
This is amazing.
Flag
May 06, 2014
Wow guys, thanks! I haven't seen anything done like it before as a recap, so I figured Go Original or Go Home!

I have to give credit to io9 for coming up with "GIF Party" - they do an open forum every friday for people to post GIFs. But outside the title, I think it is a somewhat new concept.
Flag
May 06, 2014

HOnestly I still have a hard time looking at this. But doesn't it look like (when she first sticks it in) that he is going "AaaaahOoooowwww! OW!"

I should have captioned that!
Flag
May 06, 2014
I am still trying to figure out what was going in in Yates' scrambled brain when she ventilated him. The actor did a good job of showing sheer shock and confusion.

He thought there was going to be a poking, but he no idea it would be that!
Flag
May 06, 2014
awesome post and now I want to watch it all over again!
Thank you!!
Flag
May 06, 2014
Vicky - you would know this... Wouldn't Yates have pretty much dropped immediately when she aerated his head? He has that second of confusion and then a second of realization as she turned the knife (OW!!). Is it really possible for him to remain conscious through all of that?
Flag
May 06, 2014
Nope. There have been cases where people have attempted suicide, shot themselves through the ear and it came out the other side, not killing them but just rendering them deaf. A blade that size would kill a person, it wouldn't necessary knick anything immediately vital but because she twisted it around a bit she could have hurt something more or merely died from the shock. The best targets If you want a person to drop you need to hit them in the Medulla Oblongata or the Brain Stem in general. Which control the muscles, including the heart and lungs. Those are located at the base of the skull. Shove a knife through there and twist it around or destroy it with a bullet and they drop like if you cut all of the strings off a puppet simultaneously.
Flag
May 06, 2014
That's what I was thinking about ...the move where a knife goes in at the base of the skull and the knifer does that little scramble move.

I also remember the Phineus Gage where his brain was literally spiked and survived.

Flag
May 06, 2014
The brain can take a tremendous amount of damage. Look that the female Congresswoman that was shot in the head. But there are certain anatomical parts of the brain that is damaged to a certain point will cease you being without the aid of artificial respiration.
Flag
May 06, 2014
IT was more her movement with the knife that I thought would drop Yates. BUt him looking confused made it so much more creepy. Thank you Vicky and Mate!
Flag
May 06, 2014
Hmm, good question. I think it would miss his middle cerebral arteries and be more at the level of the brainstem (pons) and internal carotid arteries (those would be anterior to the trajectory of ice pike/knife into the ears). I've read about someone surviving an ice pick through the left ear (resulted in right side weakness and language impairments) but not about it occurring bilaterally. Hopefully this was not studied in unit 731 or elsewhere. Just a guess but I think he could of had a moment of confusion but I don't think he would of survived long (cerebral hemorrhage causing herniation and/or bilateral pontine lesions/trauma causing quick death due to several variables depending on the length of the weapon and trajectory and his anatomy). After more thought, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a moment of confusion.
Flag
May 06, 2014
wut?
Flag
May 06, 2014
He probably had time to go "huh". In the GIF it looks like he is saying "Ouch"
Flag
May 06, 2014
LOL. So I guess what you are saying is that reaction "could" have happened. Cool. I love 24 when when it feels real
Flag
May 06, 2014
YOu are always welcome! I know it isn't much of a "review", but I thought it would be a cool change of pace.

Damn making those GIFs take forever
Flag
May 06, 2014
those GIFs were great and appreciated!
This post needs to be promoted but I guess they can't find it will all the spam/malware clogging up the feeds or else Cory doesn't like "competition"
Flag
May 06, 2014
I was in the process of promoting this when you commented. Don't you feel a little bad now. : )
Flag
May 06, 2014
LOL. It is good to be King.

;-p
Flag
May 06, 2014
not at all;-)
Thank you for promoting it!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members