Day 1: 6:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 09, 2002 on FOX

• Hurry up and blink, you stupid eye of the storm

What does Jack do this hour? Why, he takes a ride with Mason to a mysterious barren field that has something to do with the Drazens' plan, but productivity is pretty much a no-go. The two discover stuff like a power generator and a helicopter, but it's basically just filler to get us ready for nighttime. I suppose it was more realistic to throw in some boring episodes this season, but you know something? It doesn't make for good television. So step it up already!
    The real star of this hour is Palmer. There's some maudlin family conflict, during which Nicole starts choking or something. After this ridiculous scene comes the good stuff: Palmer finally reveals the scandal about Gibson and Ferragamo to the press, and we all bid a less-than-satisfying farewell to Carl Webb.
    I can tell you with happiness that this episode marks the end of Teri's boring amnesia subplot, and the beginning of the badassery of Tony Almeida. With that out of the way, with Palmer's drama done with (or so he thinks), and with Jack at the right place at the right time, this episode is a good setup for the finale, but Palmer's story is really the only one to get worked up over.
    Does anyone want to hear how Kim's doing? Didn't think so.

Hourly Highlight: