Day 3: 3:00 A.M. - 4:00 A.M.

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 24, 2004 on FOX

• Great Surprise Inside This Episode!!!

Logic/Details - » The objective here was to present the Main Villain, treat the Nina Dead consequences and Sherry recent actions too. However they decide to advance a little more and release the virus in a Hotel and guess who is there? Amador was caught too.

Progress -» Jack Caught Amador is a good advance, the Main Villain appears, Sherry is managing the consequences of her actions and a virus was released on a Hotel. Wow, too much for an episode of 24, don´t you think.

Emotions/Stimulation/Highlights -» There is a great surprise in the End and this is what sell this episode so high. Also one of the Villain is finally caught. So this episode offer satisfaction and a great surprise.

Ending - » Great ending with bad consequences.

Overall - » This is that type of episodes that will be remembered just because of the last scene. Also seeing Michelle in action was nice too. Deserves a 9 just because of 3 – 4 scenes. That was very well done.
  • And the outbreak happens

Wow.. My first thought. Again, they know how to build a episode. The start was little slower and mostly about the aftermath of shooting Nina but the tempo just rolls on as Chade and Jack go to mission and get Amador. The whole running on clock as we have seen what the bad guys plan is.. and hoping that Jack finds out on time.

And we think that the action on the Amador's hideout was magnificent, the real tension and motion starts when Michelle leaves CTU to go to the hotel. The whole thing with her and Tony and not trusting.. and then when they are on scene and Michelle decides to go in.. We saw her first time in real action and she is good.. and Gael.. oh.. I liked that char.. and the way this episode ended.. Superb!
  • Oh my god, :o eek!!

Just as I was thinking her character wasn't doing that much, Michelle comes out of nowhere and totally kicks ass! I never knew she had that in her!! But... but... the virus is out in the hotel! :o

What a cliffhanger! and Gyle has had a full blast of it!! Michelle is also in the hotel, could she be infected?? =[ Wow, that was an absolutely fantastic ending, this season just keeps getting better and better. It wasn't quite as fast paced as some of the other episodes. It actually started off quite slow with all that crap about whether or not Nina's murder was justified, but it certainly built momentum towards the end. And if I was that hotel manager, as soon as they said the virus might be in there, I'd have been gone out them doors, lol.

Ha ha, and I felt the pain when Chase cut Amador's fingers off. =| That interrogation was pretty good, but I wonder who this man Jack knows is supposed to be, is it the guy who was with Amador before? Those scenes with Amador, Alvers and that man were quite good but there is a massive difference between them and Salazars, isn't there? and I don't get why they'd want to release a virus to kill innocent people. I guess we'll find out more in the next episode...

Sherry's phone conversation with the cop was really funny, especially her pretend reaction when he told her Alan Miliken was dead. I'm loving this storyline a lot, I wonder if Palmer will be her alibi though? =/

Quote of the hour! Jack Bauer: "We can protect you." Michael Amador: "My family?" Jack Bauer: "Yes." Michael Amador: "You couldn't even protect your own."
  • Hitting the fan

With Nina out of the way, the virus storyline starts heating up like crazy. The final Bigbad of the season is introduced, and he's English! Though we're not supposed to know it yet, the next episode's Previouslies give it away, so I'll tell you right now that his name is Stephen Saunders. But revealed in this very episode is that he has a personal connection to Jack. Let your imaginations flow, pervs…
    Jack is let off the hook for his actions last hour (because he's Jack Bauer) as he goes to hunt down Amador. He successfully captures Amador, but he's too late to retrieve the virus. It's been converted from its mucky liquid form to a powder that can spread much more effectively. In a nutshell, a portion of the virus is released at the Chandler Plaza Hotel by Alvers. And "24" proves its ability to shock once again by having us think that CTU will be able to stop it, then…they don't stop it! Muahahahahaha!
    The first two seasons have had similar minor victories for the bad guys, but this one raises the stakes by condemning up to a thousand civilians to death. Keep topping yourselves, writers. Pretty soon, it may all backfire on you (*cough*S4*cough*).

Hourly Highlight:
    Nice that Jack and Amador have some time to chat about their families.
  • Review

I thought that this was one of the better episodes of the season, with the virus being realeased at the end. we are so used to seeing CTU stop bad things before they happen, it will be interesting to see how the control the massive panic that is sure to occur once the hotel guests get up and start asking questions about why they cant leave. Of the main stars of this season - Gael Ortega and Michelle Dessler both now have there lives in serious question. I think that we are going to see some really intense phone conversations between Michelle and Tony once he finds out that she has now been exposed to the virus. What Jack will be doing in the next episode I dont know - liekly trying to go over Steven Saunders and learn the connection that he has with him in the past. Season 3 has taken a huge pivotal turn and I thought this episode was very well written, Alan Milikin Conspiracy (boring, old all ready) to the side...
  • great episode

Jack Bauer gets a new lead to Amador's whereabouts. Michelle and Gael locates a target area where a terrorist will release a virus. Wayne and Sherry argues over the death of Milliken. It's a great episode. There's so much craziness happening around that you stop to think about the plot and just go along with the ride and it is a roller coaster ride. The writers did a really good episode, the pacing is fast, the scenes are well directed. The actors did a good job playing out the tension that the show conveys. It's fast and it's really really exciting.
  • Oops! Chandler Plaza Hotel = PWNED

So that's what you get for hestitating. Let this put it straight that you shouldn't wait to do anything. I think Gael learned that lesson, but sadly, he isn't going to live from learning it. Let's put it this way...I think you're probably infected if nearly half of a vile of a lethal type 3 pulmonary immuno virus deploys onto your face. Kind of sad really, all you had to do was press the stop button. Or shut down the venelation or something. And honestly, who cares if your hand gets owned a bit by the fan? Who are you more concerned about it? Your life or thousands of people? But I like the fact that evereyone in that hotel is doomed...
  • Enter Action Hero Michelle!

The start of the great series of episodes in the Chandler Plaza Hotel. It didn't get any realer than these hotel scenes. My heart went out to Gael as soon as he was sprayed.

Overall, this was a fantastic episodes and one of the top episodes of Season 3.

Pros
    -Chase standing up to Chappelle was nice. I also thought Chappelle's line about him being crucified was very interesting considering that this episode aired the same week that Passion of the Christ came out. :)
    -Nice scene between Sherry and Wayne. I loved his eye roll during one part.
    -Detective Norris was both slick and funny. When he called Sherry, that made the entire Palmer storyline. His storyline was so much better this season when he actually wasn't in scenes and that's a damn shame.
    -Lt. Wong!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad he was the worst undercover cop ever.
    -Jack and Chase hauling ass into the nightclub after Amador just felt right. Finally.
    -Amador's line about Jack not being able to protect his own family was stone cold.
    -It's funny seeing the Desperate Housewives guy play hotel security. He's a good actor. Now that I think about it, there's a lot of 24 alumni that went on to be on DH.
    -Michelle's action suit was badass.
    -I liked the Michelle/Gael pairing. Whenever two characters like that get scenes, I like it. For example, Chase/Nina, Edgar/head of Chinese consul
    -Michelle going all Jack in the hotel was a classic 24 moment. One of the top scenes of the season.
    -And then to follow that with Gael getting hit with the virus was brilliant. One of the best and most suspenseful finishes ever.

Cons
    -Wow, the whole storyline on whether or not Nina's killing was justified was so ridiculous when you consider the circumstances of a deadly virus being released in mere minutes for all CTU knew. Even Kim? KIM? Oh wait, I guess it does make sense that Kim would act stupid.
    -Some of the scenes with Alvers, Amador, and Saunders felt...weird. It was a big adjustment having to go from the Salazars to Saunders and company.
    -More stupid Palmer scenes.
    -Some more false sounding dialogue.
    -I didn't like Tony being a bitch to Michelle.
  • The Biological Baking Accident The main questions that were rolling in my mind throughout this episode was "Can this show survive without Nina?" and "What will they do to represent the aftermath of her death?" Well, they didn't give us much

7.8
    24: Day 3: 3:00 A.M.-4:00 A.M.
    The Biological Baking Accident

Most of the scenes about her death were just father and daughter "cry" scenes between Jack and Kim. I would've liked to see what everyone else in CTU thought about Nina. Ryan could've said something like "Look, I know Nina betrayed us all" or something like that. Instead, they had Ryan yell at Jack for the first ten minutes. What a waste of time, but at least, we got to see a nice moment between Chase and Jack. Where, by the way, Chase didn't say anything about Nina. It seems sort of a waste that we didn't get to see any real emotion from other than Jack and Kim about Nina. It is kind of sad since this is there only chance to. Nina will probably become like Teri became, like when Dr. Nicole Duncan said "I wanted to call you after I heard about Teri". Nina will probably become just like that where a character says three (or should I say five?) seasons later "I heard what happened to Nina". That will be our closure. Jeez, this is a long a paragraph.

In this episode, we don't get to the bottom to the Tony/Michelle romance, but well, I guess we really didn't get anywhere. We just saw them have sort of a fight without actually fighting. We saw a mental game of Russian roulette. As stated before, we didn't get anywhere, so I have nothing to review except hopefully this will go somewhere. Most likely we'll get to the bottom of the Almeida Marital Issues within the next few weeks due to the biological hotel incident.

It's nice to see Gael again, even though he was the victim of the biological baking accident. That's what happens when a man a tries to cook. Anyway, back to the episode. Gael comes to back to reassure Michelle about her Almeida Marital Issues. Gael then decides to be the hero of the…next hour or two and tries to get the virus. It was nice to see the supporting cast getting a big action scene like this. This kind of gives me the feeling this show COULD survive without Jack Bauer. Most of you do know that the rumor that Jack Bauer will die has been a rumor since the start of the season. It's even more suspected now, that Nina has been killed. Don't get me wrong, the show will lose something if Jack dies; I'm just saying it could survive without him.

Jack Bauer finds Amador in this episode. We didn't really get a full on torture sequence, but this could be considered a torture.

The Jim Wong guy reminded me a little bit of Agent Baker from last season, and I thought it would be cool to have a recurring SWAT guy like Baker. Of course, he died. That's what I love about this show. Right when you start to like a character he (or she) dies.

The costume(maintenance outfit) Alvers was wearing in this episode resembled last year's CTU bomb "patriots" a little too much. It could mean two things: The writers are running out of ideas or the writers thought it would be cool to remind us of last season.

You would think they would hit us with a bigger shocker than this before the humongous break, but we have to remember the break was originally scheduled to start after 4:00A.M. – 5:00A.M. I would suspect a big shocker in this episode. Anyway, back to the episode. The biological baking accident was definitely a great shock to me since, I really liked Gael. I thought he could become a normal cast member,but he's dead, unless, they find an antidote for the virus. I guess someone had to die from the virus, like someone had to die from the Nuke last season (George Mason…..a hero). If anyone remembers who George Mason is.

Weekly Continuity Error
    Michelle and Gael get to the Chandler (wink, wink) hotel pretty quickly.

Also straight from TV Tome:

Jack shot Nina seconds before the end of the last hour, but at the start of the new one everybody already knows about it and are going back to their work stations. Another real-time glitch.

Grading this episode: Now, this was a tough episode to grade. The beginning didn't give the Nina closure I wanted, the ending ten minutes were fantastic, and the middle was character relationships. So, I have to give this episode a C+

Overall Grade: C+