Day 4: 2:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 07, 2005 on FOX

• Mostly about Tony

Major sub plot in this episode is when Tony tells what he has been upto all this time and it was Jack and Palmer who got him out of prison, you will know with whom he is living with. Tony appears or pretends to be completely uninterested in what is going on. The other scenes seemed to be created just to buy some more time
  • The Mole Plot is Over!!!!

Compared with the previous episode, this episode is not great , it is a little slower than the previous episode and have some fillers.

The good news is that the mole inside CTU plot is now over. This all episode is about the mole.

The Navi situation was a complete filler that hardly serves for anything, only for the writers buy more time until Jack finds them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Finding the mole, again

Again, we have a mole in CTU. Ok, we knew it. But now they are just trying to catch her and they got the wrong one - Sarah is arrested as Marianne is very good at confusing the ground.

What else.. we learn what Tony has been doing meanwhile and why he is out of prison and we get some really depressive talks from his side but when Jack is leaving, he goes with him.

What else happened? Behrooz and Dina go to doctor and they have to run as police is called and they are in quite a big trouble as the father is after them.
  • Domestic comedy

Jack, Audrey, and Tony are treated to a quiet (and boring) storyline at the latter's house. It's a nice attempt at character development on Tony's part, and there are some rather funny lines, but it ultimately leaves me disinterested.
    Based on the events of the previous hour, a mole search is instigated at CTU, leading to a self-contained plot where Sarah Gavin is wrongly accused and tortured. But Edgar proves his worth by confirming Sarah's innocence and implicating Marianne. w00t, I guess.
    For once, the Araz subplot disappoints. Navi and Marwan appear in only one scene, and all they do is exposit for the audience. Dina and Behrooz are trapped in a filler storyline where they go to a hospital and almost get arrested thanks to a suspicious doctor. It sucks all the way.
    Jack finally finds the identity of the white guy at the compound and goes to arrest him, while Audrey is driven back to CTU. But because the writers see no point in bringing Tony back for barely two episodes, he decides to go with Jack and help lessen his chances of getting killed (like Jack really needed his help).
    S4's unoriginality pops up again with the ending, and this whole episode basically lacks the special flare that many others have. No, I'm not talking about the kind of flare in a car explosion (even though there WAS one).

Hourly Highlight:
    "I can have him killed."
  • Jack takes Audry to a place to see if she r'gnizes they guy from her k'napin Bad guys come, so they have to hide Jack calls Tony The bad guys find them and they run outta gun ammo and when u think no one can save them Tony comes in and kills the bad guys

I love this episode! its so cool how they brought tony back into the show, and how he came outta jail. i love it how u think that Jack and Audrey are in trouble when they run outta gun ammo, but Tony saved their lives. This episode also has some funny quotes:

Tony: What kind of communication do you need?
    Jack: A Wi-fi and a hard line.
    Tony: Alright, we'll go back to my place.
    (Jack nods)
    Jack: Thank you, Tony.
    Tony: Wait till you see it before you thank me. (Jen walks out of room, Jack pulls gun on her)
    Jen: Oh god! Who the hell are you?
    Tony: Jack, it's okay. This is...my friend, Jen.
    Jen: Tell him to play with his guns outside! Jack: I'm sure you're wondering what's going on.
    Tony: Not really, no. Tony: Watch your step, the dog next door likes our yard. Audrey: I've been through a lot today, and I'm sure when this is all over your boss will understand.
    Jen: And if he doesn't?
    Audrey: I can have him killed. i love Carlos Bernard and i REALLLYYYY hope that they somehow bring him back from the dead!!

TONY HAS MY HEART-----> i luv u tony
    xoxo

Tony: What kind of communication do you need?
    Jack: A Wi-fi and a hard line.
    Tony: Alright, we'll go back to my place.
    (Jack nods)
    Jack: Thank you, Tony.
    Jen: Oh god! Who the hell are you?
    Tony: Jack, it's okay. This is...my friend, Jen.
    Jen: And if he doesn't?

TONY HAS MY HEART-----> i luv u tony
    xoxo
  • Review

I like how the writers wrapped up the fake mole and Marianne storyline all in one episode, instead of giving us more hours of the wrong person being tortured. I liked seeing Edgar finnaly step out of his shell in a way to get the better of Marianne and go to Driscoll with the information. Jack and Tony were in transit for the first quater of this episode, which is kind of confusing considering Tony amde it to Jacks location in 4 minutes in the last episode. Overall, Tony and Jack have a great on screen connection and I like seeing them work together. A lot of there stuff was filler quality, but the acting done by the two of them made it at least watchable for me. The ending was pretty shocking, with the only led being killed off by a sniper. Hopefully we will see more of Tony and Jack in the next couple of episodes. The Araz family stroyline is garbage and its not even remotely interesting.
  • great episode

Jack and Audrey take refuge at Tony's house. Audrey identifies a man who kidnapped her earlier. Marianne frames a co worker at CTU to cover her trail. Erin Driscoll makes a mistake and gets an innocent CTU worker tortured in the interrogation room. Behrooz finds a hospital where she gets Dina's wounds checked out. The doctor becomes suspicious of Dina's wounds a calls the police. Following the harrowing action from last week, this episode packs the punch with its storyline. There's so much stuff in here, the tension keep rising, it never lets down. It keeps on going, things go really fast.
  • Tony\'s back, but is out of character.

This episode kicked some serious a$$.
    Finally, the mole is found, and, what an intense scene. Edgar was hilarious, loved the acting. Marienne\'s run was funny too, she was pretty slow, she couldn\'t pull a Nina... :)

Tony was disappointing. I understand his situation but his..\'girlfriend\'.. .well, she is really not a Tony-type girl. Also, I cant imagine good ole\' Tony drinking.

Now, Behrooz was excellent. He is a great character. And I like it how he cares about his mother.

The final scene was alright. Honestly, I could see the gunshot coming. It is very repetative by now, though. There are a bunch of 24 episodes ending with the start of a gunfight or just one sniper shot.

Overally season 4 is continuing to impress me. My fav season of 24 so far!
  • Nice episode im glad brcause Tony is back!!!

I just watch the 8 episode and am surprised!!! I can’t believe that Michelle left Tony ??But why their was a good couple!...Also in this episode we learn that Tony don’t want to go back to the field I hope this is not true and in the next episode Tony return to CTU he is very good and we care about this character a lot…Also am waiting to see Michele back and president Palmer…Now about the new characters a starting to support Edgar Stiles and am waiting Chloe O'Brian back they will be very strong team together

4 Rulezzzzzz anyway!!!! lol
  • Always the same thing in every season?

Although I did like this episode, and all the entire season, it seems that CTU always get a spy inside his walls and with access to all information. Thank God this is a fictional series, because if not, USA intelligence service is very poor, that is the only point I can "critice" about the entire series, the rest is the best one show ever. Me with more 4 friends are addicted to it!!! Lets hope they continue to produce it at leats, 5 seasons more
  • The return of one of my favorite characters proving to be a disappointment.

This episode was a bit of a let-down for me... Perhaps mainly because Tony Almeida is my favorite character and I didn't recognise him much this episode. He was not the only one to act out of character though. Jack for instance; the way he acted around Tony was not really like him, the beating around the bush style. But really, Tony's behaviour in this episode was a real let-down for me...
    I don't buy into the whole bitterness routine; Tony was never the type to act that way in the previous seasons. Alcoholism, come on! And I find it hard to believe that a man like Tony can end up like this; if he willingly went to jail to save his wife's life he would not lash out at her when getting out of jail. Some people might, but not the Tony we got to know in previous seasons. And telling Jack that "I owed you one, now we are even" is not his style either. I didn't recognise Tony until the end where he goes with Jack; that's the Tony I've been a fan of during the previous seasons.
    This episode seemed like a real in-betweener, in many ways. There were a lot of low points, and this show rarely has low points. The only element I found myself liking about this particular episode was Edgar. He is really growing on me; I sure hope he doesn't turn out to be a baddie in disguise.
    By the way, what happened to Driscoll's daughter, when we last left off she was in a life-and-death situation and now nothing?
  • Tony owns this episode. Episode summary in review.

This episode focuses on addressing the problems and situations laid out from the last two episodes further. It is essentially Tony's episode, detailing the nadir he has sunken into and his reluctant start on the road to redemption. The action in the episode is a little slow, and could've benefited from more characterization in the non-Tony storylines, but his storyline in this episode makes up for the shortcomings.

Knowing that six reactors are facing meltdown, Keeler decides to order evacuations for the six effected cities. Despite this, there will be no way to evacuate these cities before the first meltdown is expected. Of course, if there was, it would be an easy solution. Finding the override is the only way they can save the most amount of lives. This way, they can deal realistically with the problem, but still deprive CTU of breathing room.

Jack contacts Heller, informing him that CTU has been compromised. He recommends that they issue some bogus information to trick the mole into revealing themselves. Heller tells his assistant to inform Driscoll that Jack is being sent to another CTU location. Then they put a DOD net over CTU security to locate where the leak is. Although he knows Driscoll won't be happy, this is the most effective way of finding the mole.

Tony's return following the events of last season certainly raise questions that need immediate answers. It was easy to forgive that in the last episode because his return was meant to be a quick shock at the end. Now that they are safely away, Tony reveals what has happened to him since he was arrested. Jack and Palmer made good on their deal and got him out of jail, but he still served time. Michelle left him too.

Marwan heads to the override to oversee its deployment directly. Navi tells him that by the end of the day his wife and son will die. Meanwhile, Behrooz and Dina find themselves in a tough situation. Her gunshot wound needs medical attention, but that would alert the authorities and Navi to their location. She requests that he dump her at a hospital then drive away, but Behrooz loves his mother too much to abandon her. Considering what she has been through in the last hour, she is all Behrooz has now.

Marianne calls Powell, who informs her that Jack is still alive. Since he hasn't contacted CTU, he must know about the leak. Therefore, her cover is at risk of being blown. Powell advises Marianne, in the secluded CTU Women's Room of Doom, to stay there regardless. Leaving would only raise suspicion. Just then, Sarah finds her in the bathroom and orders her to get back to work. At this moment, Marianne knows to whom she'll divert suspicion.

Jack, Audrey and Tony arrive at his house. Tony tells them that he can use his computer to identify the person then leave. Showing us how far Tony has fallen makes what he said earlier tangible. He now lives in a crappy house with a literally crappy lawn. His rebound from Michelle, Jenn, looks like what Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction would look like if she kept her wild lifestyle for another ten years. They fight all the time and she makes him feel worthless. She gets mad that Jack is keeping her there when she has to be at work. Audrey appeals to her enough to keep her there. Tony now has a drinking problem and has been out of work since CTU fired him. Michelle, however, is now working at Division.

Heller's assistant plants the information and Marianne grabs it. However, she covered her tracks. When CTU discovers the leak, the vague dialogue leaves room for the twist to occur. In a great example of office revenge, they arrest Sarah, not Marianne. So remember, always be nice to your co-workers, because you never know who may be committing treason. Edgar, however, doubt that Sarah was the mole because the message Marianne sent was obviously placed and poorly encrypted.

Regardless, Sarah's chained up in the interrogation room and her neck is tasered. Driscoll believes she can break her, but only if she is actually guilty. Sarah doesn't fit the profile of someone who would snitch. Wouldn't such information be considered before putting a taser on someone's neck? Now they have given all of Sarah's information to Marianne. Luckily, Jack knew to have Secret Service pick up Audrey instead of CTU.

While Jack has the picture of the man Audrey saw analyzed, he decides to talk to Tony, zoning out with the soccer game and beer from his beloved Cubs mug. He asks why he didn't call him for help. Tony says he didn't want to be involved with anything that would bring those bad memories back to him. Helping Jack was only to repay the debt he owed Jack for getting him out of prison. We know that this isn't going to last. Tony is mad, but there is still a part of him that wants to help. Tony's story throughout this season is one of redemption.

Dina and Behrooz get to a hospital, insisting that a nail caused the wound and not a bullet. Behrooz watches the doctor leave, telling his mother that they haven't called the police. Believing that they're safe, they start discussing what they will do afterward. However, they hit a snag when the police do come, but the police are slow enough to allow them to escape. While the Araz storyline has been one of the most consistent of this season, this episode feels like filler to keep Dina and Behrooz from meeting CTU until the next hour.

Jack finds out that the man Audrey recognized was Henry Powell, a former employee of McLennan-Forester. He's set to take off via helicopter shortly. Jack sets off alone to stop him, but before he can do it, Tony pulls himself into the fray. He claims that he doesn't want Jack to die within an hour of Tony saving his life, but we know the full reason is that he wants to return, if only to redeem himself for the past.

From what we've seen, CTU could be downsized to Jack, Edgar and Chloe and they probably wouldn't be affected. Believing that Sarah is innocent, he sets his own trap for Marianne. He bumps up her security clearance, but monitors what she's doing from his own system. There he discovers the message Marianne tried to pin on Sarah. Marianne wants to talk to him in private, but Edgar knows that she'll likely kill him if they got alone. With Curtis accompanying him, Edgar tells Driscoll that Marianne is the dirty agent. She is on her way out of the building. Curtis and a few agents chase her. Thankfully, she doesn't drop her keys in the cliched way to give the pursuer time to catch them. Curtis places her under arrest. When an agent unlocks her car to check for evidence, it explodes, sending her falling into another car, knocking her out.

Powell arrives at the helicopter pad. The pilot refuses to fly because he has been given an order to keep it grounded, but Powell coerces him to move. Before they can get airborne, Jack and Tony sneak up on them and place Powell in custody. It's great to see Tony and Jack in the field on much better circumstances than season three. Tony's line "I'm currently unemployed" was classic. Certainly took Powell down a peg to see who brought him down. He tries to make Tony an offer, but they don't listen. Suddenly, a nearby sniper guns down Powell. Jack is without leads again.

It's great to see Tony back. While I don't like seeing him live such a terrible existence, it makes for great drama, and sets up the redemption arc for the season. Some of the main storylines appear to be winding down, as Behrooz and Dina have a filler plot this week. Edgar shines again, scoring one for the geeks by unearthing Marianne's secret. Sarah's torture looks like something they did merely for shock value. Tony's storyline is what makes this episode work, and is a satisfying beginning to his arc.