Day 4: 3:00 A.M. - 4:00 A.M.

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 09, 2005 on FOX

• Missile hustle

The story continues in a somewhat clunky manner as everyone recovers from Paul's death and gets to work on tracking down Marwan. But at the same time, Head of Security Cheng Zhi comes over from the Consulate to question CTU about Howard Bern being spotted without his mask. And those are the two major things going on here. We also find out that Marwan's mounting his stolen warhead onto a missile headed…somewhere.
    With a terrorist threat like that in play (not that it feels tense or anything), the Chinese plot doesn't seem like it should be here; it just encroaches on the A-story. And randomly bringing China into the mix when we've been dealing with Middle Easterners the whole season makes this writing look like the work of manatees. Sure, it'll pay off later, but couldn't they have done something that felt less abrupt?
    There's not much else to say. Audrey gives Jack the cold shoulder, Lee gives Marwan's location, Cheng becomes suspicious of Jack, and Marwan successfully launches the missile from Iowa. Nothing special except for the final act. And of course…

Hourly Highlight:
    Jack's half-angered, half-horrified glare at Chloe. I'd do the same if she wanted to be my friend. Or not, if it'd increase my chances of finally getting laid. What are you looking at?