Day 4: 5:00 A.M. - 6:00 A.M.

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 23, 2005 on FOX

• (Home) Stretch (Marks)

CTU goes off on a largely unnecessary tangent as they look for Tony and Mandy in the apartment complex. Mandy goes the Stephen Saunders route and tells Michelle to either let her escape or let something very bad happen to Tony.
    But let's move on to what does interest me this hour: the kidnapping of Howard Bern by Cheng Zhi. Though I consider the Chinese plotline as ridiculous as anything else this season, I can pardon it simply because of Tzi Ma's delightfully creepy and sinister portrayal of Cheng.
    Back to the bulk of the episode. Mandy appears to kill herself and Tony when Michelle betrays her, so there's a period there when all the characters give up hope on finding the missile in time. But then Jack manages to figure out that Mandy and Tony are alive and well, thanks to the rain. Hey, here's another complaint: I thought it cool that they were finally having it rain on the show, but later irritated that it was only a plot device. I would rather it rain just for the hell of it. And as you all have undoubtedly observed by now, the car door's slam would've been sufficient.
    Does this hour do a good job of gearing things up for the finale? Have I ever had a girlfriend? The answer to both is…uh, nun yer bidness.

Hourly Highlight:
    Either scene with Cheng. Nah, the second one.