Day 5: 5:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 06, 2006 on FOX

• Jack shot Henderson's wife in the leg

We're now in Phase One of Bierko's retaliation against the US. It involves a diversionary attack at a hospital…actually, that's pretty much it. Plus, McGill's keycard robbery earlier is revealed to be significant to the main story. You know what that means? S5 is officially the first season of "24" with no stupid filler subplots. Hurray!
    Jack shot Henderson's wife in the leg.
    It's like the writers thought, "Okay, Tony's been asleep long enough. Let's have him do something!" However, he's only in the first act of this hour, where he remembers that Michelle's dead. Plus, he asks to speak to Jack. Hmm, based on his urgency, it sounds like he has something important to tell him. Ah well, it's not like I'll ever find out…
    Jack shot Henderson's wife in the leg.
    Martha's busy giving Logan the cold shoulder all hour long. And she also comes on to Pierce. Lucky bastard. By the way, since the Suvarovs returned to Logan's retreat, it seemed to me that the writers were planning something big for them to do in the second half of the season. Perhaps find out that Logan gave them up to Bierko. But they didn't even show up again, so what was the point? I love the season, but this on-the-fly writing kinda irks me at times.
    Jack shot Henderson's wife in the leg.
    We've basically got filler here, but filler is sometimes warranted. Seeing as how we've just had a huge motorcade attack, I'm satisfied with this episode. It still progresses the story at a nice rate, and there's enough suspense to keep me from watching something else (like I ever WOULD watch something else).
    And it features quite possibly the funniest scene in TV history.

Hourly Highlight: